Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[/quote]
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
[quote=EdM][quote=Oldelkhunter]As a previous owner of a 2017 Tundra and looking at the specs onToyota really chitt the bed with this one. They were never a pretty truck either but the new one is hideous.

They should have gone the aluminum route like ford did and re-engineered their V8 engine and powertrain especially the 4.10 gear ratio. They could have also introduced a diesel . They are a very conservative company and I why they took this plunge is unlike them. It will be a disaster for them and its owners.

More than doubtful.

I
agree. The TT thing doesn’t bother me at all. Toyota can engineer and compound turbos ain’t exactly new tech.
The 4:10 thing doesn’t really matter either. By itself it means nothing.

4.10 gears were on the previous model. I have been dealing with our local Toyota dealer for 22 years , they have serviced Tundra, 3 Tacomas, Avalon , highlander and Camry and they are getting a lot of complaints on the few they sold. Electrical and Turbo issues. That's why I wouldn't touch one and I have bought a lot of Toyotas..

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll keep driving my 2020 Tundra for the foreseeable long term future.

The looks would improve on the 2022's by a factor of 10 if they'd simply color match the lower portion of the grille. As it is, the front is just a mass of black. It needs broken up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm on a few Tundra pages, including one for the 2022 model. Lots of stories from New Tundra owners whose trucks are sitting at dealers for weeks due to problems. Rear axle shaft that slid out, front Strut assembly failure, and plenty of turbo issues. Then there are common complaints about wind noise around windows, squeaking dashes and consoles, seat belt alarms, leaking roofs, etc.

It's bad enough that a popular truck and suv youtuber suggested 2 months ago that the 2022 might be a flop. Oh, and MPG isn't all that much improved.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Never ever buy the first model year of a re-design.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Never ever buy the first model year of a re-design.

Even if it is a Toyota.

Originally Posted by bruinruin
I'm on a few Tundra pages, including one for the 2022 model. Lots of stories from New Tundra owners whose trucks are sitting at dealers for weeks due to problems. Rear axle shaft that slid out, front Strut assembly failure, and plenty of turbo issues. Then there are common complaints about wind noise around windows, squeaking dashes and consoles, seat belt alarms, leaking roofs, etc.

It's bad enough that a popular truck and suv youtuber suggested 2 months ago that the 2022 might be a flop. Oh, and MPG isn't all that much improved.

Lots of issues because they went the absolute wrong way with the design. The old model went 15 years , this one will never last that long.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Consider me "not surprised". My 2014 Tundra wasn't "all that" either.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Still driving my 07, first year truck, only major problems in 180,000 + was timing chains, likely because I ran the dog poop out of it early on so that one is on me. no squeaks or rattles, never touched the front end for anything other than shocks.
pulls a big bass boat up and down a mountain very regularly and still does it just like it did years ago.
Overall the best truck I have ever owned in my 62 years of life.

I also own a 05 GX-470 with almost 350,000 on the clock, still going strong, a 17 GX-460 with 100,000 and 0 issues.

Toyota fan? No but I must say their trucks are the best of the lot having owned them all over the years, Perfect? There is no such thing.

Would buy a first year Toy before anyone else's first production year truck, just speaking from experience, yours may vary.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've seen 4 new tundra in the last 2 weeks. They kinda look like a Tacoma that was hit with a hammer a few times.

I hope they are a wild success, but they are a bit cut, winged and curved for me.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 48 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.