24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
John, late back into this thread, but it seems to me that my 24 DL had that Williams peep on it when I got it from my buddy and I assume it was d&t at some point for the installation. The 24 is back home in the safe or I could look at that sight to see if there is a number on it, but I think that it was made specifically for the 24 because the bottom is recessed to mount low to the receiver.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
BP-B2

J
J
Originally Posted by Windfall
John, late back into this thread, but it seems to me that my 24 DL had that Williams peep on it when I got it from my buddy and I assume it was d&t at some point for the installation. The 24 is back home in the safe or I could look at that sight to see if there is a number on it, but I think that it was made specifically for the 24 because the bottom is recessed to mount low to the receiver.

Okay, thank you. Not sure if I want to drill and tap it but will check with a gunsmith and see what my options are. If i’m ever able to find a sight.

I thought about setting it up for a red dot scope but the stamp on the barrel stating not to use the shotgun barrel with a scope changed my mind. Anyway, I appreciate your input.

John

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just noticed (it hadn’t occurred to me to check before) that the front band on CCI MiniMag bullets is being partially engraved by the rifling upon chambering, as with a match chamber. Along with barrel rigidity, the type of chamber is likely to have played a significant role in this outcome:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
i would try some .22 lr eley hollow points too. my 24 DL shoots the winchester 22 magnum very well. i have harvested a lot of game with it. turkey including a giant goulds; fox , javelina, and 50-60 coyotes. most of the coyotes were called in close and taken with the 20 gauge and number 3 buck. i just found some buckshot that is 3TTT, 26 pellets.

Last edited by roninflag; 04/19/22.
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This morning with CCI SGB 40 grain flat points @ 50 yards:

IC-A B3

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

This Savage 24 was “like new” when I got it. Judging from all the beater 24s I’ve seen at gun shows, it seems that many a farm kid thought a 24 was also useful as shovel and pry bar, perhaps without ever realizing its true accuracy potential.

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by J23

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J23,
The condition of your 24 appears similar to mine, and could maybe produce similar 50 yard results. So, I’ve been eagerly waiting for you to post a target photo. How ‘bout it?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
73 members (4and1, akrange, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 405winash, 7 invisible), 707 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22

UDG-IP

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.