Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Marley7x57
[quote=ironbender]
That’s leadership.

Leadership my ass. You're not voting for leadership you're voting for someone to represent you in DC. If you need a leader you have problems....
You must have an interesting semantic twist to the term leader if you think Congress critters are not leaders.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by RimfireArtist
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what political and leadership experience Nick has.

Sarah is not perfect but I do not have any doubts about how she will vote on important issues, or on her willingness to do battle with the forces of evil. We already have Senator Turncoat and Senator Milquetoast. I am not inclined to risk getting another political dud.

"JBER Monday?" Prolly not. I love shooting Pedneau, but I have too much going on tomorrow. Tim runs a great match, and the weather looks ideal. Should be a lot of fun.

Well we already voted sure wasn’t for Palin just like you already voted and it wasn’t for Begich.
Revak is the only other on the list with any serious run from the right, but he has not been terribly successful in his legislative moves and seems to be a slow learner.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[quote=ironbender]
That’s leadership.

Leadership my ass. You're not voting for leadership you're voting for someone to represent you in DC. If you need a leader you have problems....
I was replying to rimfire's post.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by 79S
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what political and leadership experience Nick has.

Sarah is not perfect but I do not have any doubts about how she will vote on important issues, or on her willingness to do battle with the forces of evil. We already have Senator Turncoat and Senator Milquetoast. I am not inclined to risk getting another political dud.

"JBER Monday?" Prolly not. I love shooting Pedneau, but I have too much going on tomorrow. Tim runs a great match, and the weather looks ideal. Should be a lot of fun.

Well we already voted sure wasn’t for Palin just like you already voted and it wasn’t for Begich.
Revak is the only other on the list with any serious run from the right, but he has not been terribly successful in his legislative moves and seems to be a slow learner.
Revak is a proven liar.

Perhaps he'd be better than chrissy Cunstant, but not by much.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[quote=ironbender]
That’s leadership.

If Don Young had not died, would you be voting for him?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
[quote=ironbender]
That’s leadership.

You must have an interesting semantic twist to the term leader if you think Congress critters are not leaders.

One has to be somewhat naive to believe all of the Congress critters are leaders. It does not take leadership to vote on how your constituents want you to vote or to vote in those matters upholding the constitution. Most will, at one time or another, vote on issues to benefit their own self interest (or the Party interest) and many have, and will continue, to vote against matters clearly spelled out in the constitution. Honesty and ethics are some good leadership traits to have but, like H. L. Mencken said: " A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar."

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by ironbender
[quote=ironbender]
That’s leadership.

If Don Young had not died, would you be voting for him?

I haven't sent my ballot in yet. Maybe I'll get a replacement and vote for Don after all.

At least he is a proven threat.... or maybe not so much anymore. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You can just line out a mistake, write “No” next to it, reselect, and send.

What could go wrong? 😳

I had no plans to vote for don this time around unless I had to in November.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pretty sure that that's why she quit the governorship, couldn't handle the attacks coming from the left and used the excuse of not wanting to waste the peoples money on it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
It wasn't that she could not take the criticism, it was that her rocketing to conservative stardom on the national stage caused the Left to try to cripple her any way they could, and they found a way through constant frivolous ethics lawsuits the legal fees for which Sarah was having to pay to defend out of her own pocket with no chance of reimbursement even if she won. At $500,000 she pulled the plug. Months later the law was changed to provide for reimbursement.

I don't blame her a bit for resigning. The brain-dead, jealous, half-Leftist Legislature left her twisting in the wind at the mercy of the Soros crowd.

Many, many votes in Congress see dozens of representative/senators "on the fence." Sarah has the charisma and forthrightness to persuade many of them at those times. I don't know if Begich will even vote the right way, much less persuade others to.

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

Pretty sure that that's why she quit the governorship, couldn't handle the attacks coming from the left and used the excuse of not wanting to waste the peoples money on it.

As Rimfire said- she wasn't "wasting the people's money on it '. She had to pay to defend those frivolous lawsuits out of her own pocket, or maybe some with donations. Not from state funds, which were prohibited at the time from such use.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All right.....I talked to people I trust and they think Begich is worth taking a risk on. I happen to think his dad is a pretty cool guy, and from the late-night talk radio shows I've heard him on, he seems reasonable enough. Hopefully that's been passed on to NB III. Personally, I'd rather see him posing with an AR wearing a battle belt, since I think shotguns send the wrong message to the enemy. Hell, John Kerry, Al Gross and even Obama have posed with shotguns. Some of the most gun restrictive countries in the world "allow" you to have a shotgun after jumping through several govt hoops, and that's pretty much how I interpret the message being conveyed when politicians pose with them claiming to defend my gun rights.

Originally Posted by 1Akshooter
How about the John Coghill guy? He is a Airforce Veteran. My wife's Dad was in the Alaska Legislature before state hood and he spoke well of his Dad. But, really all I know about him. Both the Palin and Begich name don't do it for me. I am also in fear of another Trojan Horse like Lisa getting in.

The older I get the more conservative I get. Just can't abide the harmful lying hypocrisy of the "libtards".

I also will not vote for any one who supports abortion, is against the 2nd Amendment, religious freedom, and is not in favor of a marriage being only between a man and a woman and does not believe in the same Jesus I believe in.

I also want them to push for 10 year term limits. We need more veterans in Congress, especially combat vets who have spent a tour "down range". Also need fewer lawyers and former lobbyists.

John Coghill needs to be kicked in the nutzack for his part in crafting SB-91. I had to fight through that stupidity in the trenches playing catch & release with scumbags.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone else see that ad run by Al Gross claiming to be an Independent, he's so desperate to win and he thinks by claiming to be an Independent that folks will forget his previous run as a Democrat.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Anyone else see that ad run by Al Gross claiming to be an Independent, he's so desperate to win and he thinks by claiming to be an Independent that folks will forget his previous run as a Democrat.
Even they don’t want him.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The lying liar Gross, Al is lying again.

It’s the same “I’m an independent “ bullshit he used in his ads when running against Dan Sullivan 2 years ago. He got busted when the recording of him telling potential donors that he will caucus with democrats.

Hey! Did you know he killed a bear? Fuggin idiot. lol

ETA: https://mustreadalaska.com/oops-gross-admits-on-private-call-hes-with-the-democrats-all-the-way/

Last edited by ironbender; 05/24/22. Reason: link

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've never seen such a crowded ballot. 48 names...

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've never seen such a crowded ballot. 48 names...

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
August primary will be a busy one too, I bet.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
My guess is among all those candidates the final four will be Begich, Gross, Revak, Palin (listed in alphabetic order)

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I'd like to vote for Begich but I can't get over the fact that he voted for Berkowitz.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 13 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 674 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,667
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.