Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Ky221 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
K
You know the drill......Pics or it didn't happen.

Whatever you fish for or whatever it is you caught.....what is the biggest fish y'all ever hauled in? Can go by weight or length, I really don't care. All of my waters are blown out from flooding and I wanna see some fish pics.

GB2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My best pike and lake trout.

37 1/2 inches on the trout
42 1/2 on the pike.

Last edited by Bobmar; 05/07/22.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
BM those are gorgeous; very nice!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ky221
You know the drill......Pics or it didn't happen.

Whatever you fish for or whatever it is you caught.....what is the biggest fish y'all ever hauled in? Can go by weight or length, I really don't care. All of my waters are blown out from flooding and I wanna see some fish pics.

This aint my personal best..I just can't find a pic of the biggest one. This of course is freshwater .This one was 42" and18 lbs. My personal best in salt water was no doubt some kind of shark...no pics.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Steelhead on the Salmon River. Just shy of 16 lbs. The pic. makes it look bigger than it is, but I’ll take it.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
My crowning achievement as far as fish was a 31.5", twelve pound Walleye. Sorry no pics. All I have is a polaroid of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I caught I think one 7 lb striper and a couple largemouth about 5 pounds. Dad and brother caught them up to and over 10 pounds( largemouth)

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Not counting salt water the biggest I’ve never caught was a 164# tarpon down in Costa Rica. If I can find the picture ill have someone help me post it.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was so big that if you look closely at the top of the gill plate the head was starting to tear and separate itself from the body when I tried to hold it by the gills.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by Big Sky; 05/09/22.

Is it Friday yet?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Farming
Steelhead on the Salmon River. Just shy of 16 lbs. The pic. makes it look bigger than it is, but I’ll take it.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Damn nice fish.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Big Sky
It was so big that if you look closely at the top of the gill plate the head was starting to tear and separate itself from the body when I tried to hold it by the gills.

Dunno if I’ve seen one that big, just a hammer 👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Sky
Big bastard. They caught a 140 this year down in the river. New Missouri state record.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 05/09/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Freshwater would be a spoonbill I snagged about 25 years ago. Didn't keep it but probably in the 30 to 40 pound range. I was anchored in the river casting into the mouth of a ditch and jerking a big treble with a bass rod. I caught 10 or 12 in the 10 to 15 pound range. Then I hooked one that was like a truck. I had to freespool the reel and pull the anchor up. I chased him with the trolling motor. And it was at least a1/4 mile downstream before I could get him to the boat and unhook him. Not near like the one above.
That thing is a beast.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
#51 Flathead from last spring would be my biggest cat on rod and reel. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
My best King at a shade over 70 [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
And the best Northern I ever got, it was 18.5 and I let the air service use my pic for their ad the next year. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ky221: Oh it happened "baby"!
My best Rainbow Trout was caught Christmas morning 2,001 on Clark Canyon Reservoir through 20 inches of ice.
What a battle. I took it home and weighed it on my Deliar at 7 pounds 8 ounces!
No pictures of that one.
My best Salmon for the first 71 years of my life was a 25 pound King caught off of the mouth of the Columbia. Try as I might and I fished everywhere but I could NOT break the 25 pound mark!
All my friends and fishing partners had caught 45 pounders+ but I was stuck on 25 - caught lots of Salmon every year but just never a "Tyee" (fifty pounder)!
Finally a couple years back three friends and I chartered a liveaboard boat for a week and fished out of Kodiak, Alaska.
On the first day near Marmot Bay on Afognak Island I caught the fish of my dreams - a GIANT King Salmon.
It bottomed out a Shakespeare 55 pound fish scale with much Salmon still left on the deck!
We took measurements (length and girth) and the Alaska Fish and Game pamphlet later showed that Salmon to be right at 72 pounds!
Now I had to make an expensive decision there on the first day of a 7 day charter - head back to Kodiak and find a fish taxidermist or just clean the fish and keep it in one of the coolers on ice for transport home. The next day I cleaned it and decided to keep fishing - saving the long, and at the time, dangerous trip back to Kodiak and saving that hassle and expense.
Plus all my walls back home are filled with Mule Deer, Antelope, Whitetailed Deer, Blacktailed Deer and Elk. So no taxidermy done on it.
Turns out we caught several fish over 50 pounds that trip and lost one at the boat the the Captain was sure would go 80 pounds! We also caught several Halibut in the 20 to 40 pound range.
Among our King Salmon were two fish with "white flesh" - they tasted every bit as good as the orange fleshed Kings as we did a lot of eating while on the liveaboard.
I do have hard copy pictures of myself and the "72" pound King.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best trout was the first one I ever caught on a flyrod (5-wt) 24" rainbow.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
A bucket list fishing trip for me.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Holy smokes Ed, that line from the movie Jaws comes to mind about needing a bigger boat!
Mine was when six of us went up to Homer, AK. and I blistered my hand catching salmon about every third cast on the Kenai River. We talked it over and said that we can catch salmon back home in the Great Lakes, so lets try a 1/2 day charter out in the ocean. The first fish I hooked was a 93# halibut that turned out to be the biggest of the trip. Even the first mate wanted his picture taken with my fish because while halibut do get lots bigger, they never catch big ones on the half day charters. Needless to say we charter fished for halibut all that week and each flew home with a 50# box of vacuum packed frozen halibut fillets. Outstanding eating.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
only been pike fishing once, headed back in a few weeks. The other is my daughters best, she thought it smelled bad.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
199 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 28 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.