Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by deflave

You should be thankful somebody with my knowledge helps you with anything.

Spent the last several minutes trying to recall when you actually helped me with something,

No luck so far, but don’t despair, the night is still young……….

LOL.

That’s why nobody cares to help you.

You’re an ungrateful fugking idiot.

LOL

You kinda nailed that Flave...

I have owned several Hyundais... and know them fairly well, but simply will not engage in another "Kenneth" thread.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Great cars. Hyundai has an BIG assembly plant in Montgomery, God’s Country, Alabama. And just across the state line in Georgia is a BIG Kia facility. Friends had a 2004 or 2005 Hyundai Azera they put over 200k on with no problems. Knowing that I bought a, I think, 2008 van. Shortly afterward the throttle position sensor died. I was about an hour from the nearest dealer. They paid for towing, gave me a loaner and fixed it quickly. After that no problems. Sold it with 48k on it. Wife then bought a 2015 Elantra GT. Got like 38 mpg highway. Kept it until it had just short of 70k. Last summer she went with a Santa Fe Limited with Hdrive (AWD) and everything else. It gets around 32 mpg highway and is hands down the quiets automobile I have ever been in. I highly recommend them.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Son is still driving the used Hyundai Elantra he bought used shortly after he got married 13 - 14 years ago. Only time it's been down so far was the serpentine belt broke on the way to work one morning last month. He still drives it as his work car and probably easily has at least 150k miles on it now. I've driven it twice and liked it pretty well, myself.

Oh, ...and Hyundai owns the Kia brand now, too...

Last edited by joken2; 05/07/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
most hondas and toyotas are built here. see if you can get your kid to wait. this a terrible market to buy a car.

Last edited by wahoo; 05/07/22.

If you're not having fun; you're not doing it right!
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wahoo
most hondas and toyotas are built here. see if you can get your kid to wait. this a terrible market to buy a car.

Yes, laws of supply and demand are in full effect right now, but, he needs a car very soon.

And then, when will the supply chain actually catch up, this year, next year?

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hyundai is one of the highest quality and most reliable brands out there nowadays.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The past 5 years Hyundai has a really bad rep especially on the drive train. They used to be good like kia

Korean based manufactures have gone to schit even though built in the US

Go Mazda, Honda, Toyota

Last edited by ribka; 05/07/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by shootem
Great cars. Hyundai has an BIG assembly plant in Montgomery, God’s Country, Alabama. And just across the state line in Georgia is a BIG Kia facility. Friends had a 2004 or 2005 Hyundai Azera they put over 200k on with no problems. Knowing that I bought a, I think, 2008 van. Shortly afterward the throttle position sensor died. I was about an hour from the nearest dealer. They paid for towing, gave me a loaner and fixed it quickly. After that no problems. Sold it with 48k on it. Wife then bought a 2015 Elantra GT. Got like 38 mpg highway. Kept it until it had just short of 70k. Last summer she went with a Santa Fe Limited with Hdrive (AWD) and everything else. It gets around 32 mpg highway and is hands down the quiets automobile I have ever been in. I highly recommend them.

Go find a reliable mechanic and get the real story

Used to

What's the date since 2016? Everything changes.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I’m going on personal experience not tracking down reliable mechanics for “the real story”. I have no need. My real story is what I experienced. The car we have now has a 5yr 60k wall2wall warranty. 10yr 100k drive train warranty. Pretty good backup. We and our friends just have not had bad experiences with Hyundai.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yes but ask why they need the flashy warranty. My kia had a Hyundai made engine in it per the dealer. Cracked block at 400 miles and it sat for two months waiting on an engine because there were so many being recalled that there were no available replacements.

Then they finally got me a new engine and that one used a lot of oil between changes. They said yeah that happens often. learned my lesson and turned it in as soon as I could.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 05/08/22.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's a 20 year old car. Make sure the timing belt/water pump has been changed and check for accidents.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
It's a 20 year old car. Make sure the timing belt/water pump has been changed and check for accidents.
BOOM!

One of our Elantras began to have transmission slippage one day; 83K on the odometer... Hyundai had it towed to the dealer, replaced the trans and it was ready to go in about four days.. My cost? ZERO...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Kenneth Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

My mistake, not a ‘23 but a ‘22,

20 years old?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Kenneth

My mistake, not a ‘23 but a ‘22,

20 years old?

Sorry, no cofeve yet and I thought I saw 2003 somewhere. IMO, you can't go wrong with Hyundai. Wife has a 2014 Santa Fe and it's been great.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the 2 korean makes are better cars than you get from GM or ford, however I can't see anyway possible you're getting a better car than a honda or toyota. I think when the price isn't really much different you're going to be money ahead in particular with choosing a honda or a toyota on resale along. my impression of driving kia's and hyundais is the interior of the car gives you a lot for the money. however the powertrains always seemed like a generation behind honda or toyota. They had a dated feeling with the transmission and engine.

I wouldn't buy one, if I wanted a car it would be honda or toyota, also I WILL NOT buy samsung or LG appliances, again korean made. nothing but early problems from the korean made appliances.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,496 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,851
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.