Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I was fly fishing on the Black Foot Rez out side of Brownng, MT up on the high line . Big farming country up there. the other day. A Hutterite farmer drove up and and stated a conversation with me. Really nice fellow. He advised that he farmed 20,000 or so acres and planted chick peas, wheat, lentils and had a flock of 30,000 chickens laying organic eggs he sold to Costco. Anyway there is a really bad drought along the high line the past 2 years and he stated that probably no wheat this year. You could tell the soii was really dries and was cracked in appearance. And this is in spring where moisture is needed. He stated that he purchased fertilizer last fall and it has increased 400 per cent the past sx months and was almost impossible to find now. He also advised that the bird flu full has wiped out other Hutterite chicken egg farms in the area and up in Canada . He added that if the state detects bird flu within 5 miles radius of his chickens they will destroy his entire chicken operation to control the spread. The nearest bed flu he said detected was 8 miles away on a neighbor's farm

Good times

Last edited by ribka; 05/08/22.
BP-B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Ribka: Not much good news anywhere these days!
Crime out of control, illegal alien hoards invading our country, george soros capering at will, teachers and professors have turned into mind controlling, brain washing, agenda driven propagandists, anti-American politicians and district attorneys showing up everywhere, inflation out of control, divided populace about to get at each others throats, senile and ineffective President, worse Vice President, putin running amok, china getting more and more evil every year, welfare rat children growing into drug dealers and murderers at an incredible rate, Federal Government out of control, national debt beyond incredible, and now that humble Hutterite rancher/farmer being hammered on multiple fronts and bizarre diseases (of man and animals!) showing up constantly anymore - WHAT next - I think I will go Varmint hunting?
Any luck fishing?
Drive defensively up there by the way!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Keep on the sunny side...always on the sunny side....

Or else that janer from North Idaho-Texas will accuse you of whining.

I am MAGA.
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
wtf is a janer? Lke a johner?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think we're close yet to the worse to come, bad times for sure.

Hutterites are like Amish, correct? Do they use electricity, vehicles etc?

Last edited by 250Sav_age; 05/08/22.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not really like Amish.

Very modern.

I am MAGA.
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
I don't think we're close yet to the worse to come, bad times for sure.

Hutterites I like Amish, correct? Do they use electricity, vehicles etc?

yep all three, Fantastic farmers . He took me back to his operation and offered me home made wine. NICE FOLKS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cool, I've never been around them.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Crime out of control, illegal alien hoards invading our country, george soros capering at will, teachers and professors have turned into mind controlling, brain washing, agenda driven propagandists, anti-American politicians and district attorneys showing up everywhere, inflation out of control, divided populace about to get at each others throats, senile and ineffective President, worse Vice President, putin running amok, china getting more and more evil every year, welfare rat children growing into drug dealers and murderers at an incredible rate, Federal Government out of control, national debt beyond incredible, and now that humble Hutterite rancher/farmer being hammered on multiple fronts and bizarre diseases (of man and animals!) showing up constantly anymore - WHAT next - I think I will go Varmint hunting?
Any luck fishing?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
You left out that our elections are now, for certain, illegitimate, as we saw them steal the 2020 election right in front of our faces, and no one went to prison for it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yes the bird flu is getting close to some chicken houses )or I should reward poultry houses I'm not sure if it affects turkeys the same I assume it does.) In this area. And they are making them destroy all birds and they cannot spread the litter even it must be I guess burnt or incinerated or something I'm not sure what they're going to do with it have no stake in poultry farms. The one neighbor that had to destroy all of his birds and cannot spread the turkey litter which he normally does on it pretty large acreage of corn for this area so now he has to buy $1,000 a ton commercial fertilizer.

IC B3

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
It was funny because one of the first questions he asked was what did Ii think of Biden

Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Any luck fishing?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
You left out that our elections are now, for certain, illegitimate, as we saw them steal the 2020 election right in front of our faces, and no one went to prison for it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm counting on WWIII to take my mind off all this negative crap.....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Not really like Amish.

Very modern.

Communism. Nobody owns anything, the colony does. So when they go to the hospital they get it free or cheap. And all that collective buying power let’s them gobble up land to farm with new equipment.

Each colony is different. Some are really fûcking weird and distrustful, some are really nice.

MAGA
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Are people paying attention or is the average American so dumbed down by virtue signaling for BLM and Ukonazis that they don't care about the future?

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Not really like Amish.

Very modern.

Communism. Nobody owns anything, the colony does. So when they go to the hospital they get it free or cheap. And all that collective buying power let’s them gobble up land to farm with new equipment.

Each colony is different. Some are really fûcking weird and distrustful, some are really nice.

The colonies up on the high line have all been really nice to me. I bird hunt on a lot of them. There's one down by Big Timber that s a little different. They have really good quality butter, hams, eggs, whole chickens, pork

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Local Hutterite colony here in ND had to destroy their entire turkey flock due to this...

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I know one thing, saw alot of Amish this spring at the gun shows buying guns and ammo! They thinks war is coming, in the USA and planning on protecting there stuff from the rest of us! Saw on fellow buy at least 20 guns, at one show, paying cash!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The “Bird Flu” didn’t wipe out schit. Our lying, crooked government wiped them out.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by steve4102
The “Bird Flu” didn’t wipe out schit. Our lying, crooked government wiped them out.

Finding more dead birds out hiking this year. Maybe one of those Obama financed UkoNAZi wmd labs came up with a new bird flu virus

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
656 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 73 invisible), 2,977 guests, and 1,379 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,668
Posts18,399,405
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.