Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Being from Illinois I had never been to a Publix until I came to Georgia for training. What a store! I can’t say enough good about them. Their deli sandwiches, made to order are fantastic. Huge pre made salads or make your own. The fried chicken is tender and juicy, with a wonderfully crispy breading . Good prices, as things go today. The associates are, helpful polite people.
I haven’t been able to try the meat. I’m living out of a motel.
So, for those that live in states with Publix stores and any others that have been to them, what is your opinion?

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They are OK, better than Albertson's and Raley's that are common around here.

But a good way back behind HEB, let alone Central Marker.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Probably the best grocery stores I’ve ever encountered.

What Jewel/Osco used to be.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
You guys don't have Wegman's down that far yet.
They've opened stores into NC,and always expanding.
One of the best.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by rong
You guys don't have Wegman's down that far yet.
They've opened stores into NC,and always expanding.
One of the best.

Wegman's are incredible. Some of them go way beyond supermarket and have a more or less, in house food court....with really good food as well as beer and wine. Really, Wegman's is something we miss here and we are eagerly awaiting their continued southward expansion. We like Publix here, but also Harris Teeter and Lowes. Competition is a good thing.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I've liked Publix, too, for many years. Great raised donuts, too, in the bakery.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
seems like they are building one about every 1/2 around Nashville

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I man shops anywhere and doesn’t like to shop, or they grow and kill their food.

You guys sound like women !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 05/09/22.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We are stuck with Kroger's being so close to their headquarters. There are some smaller stores and Walmart, but no Publix for many miles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve never been to a Publix. My sister has been a fan of them since moving to Florida about 10 years ago. She worked at one while going to school at UCF and said that they treated their employees well.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Love their grocery stores. Customer service and cleanliness are superb.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The ones I’ve been n around Birmingham are nothing to write home about, except very high prices.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TooOldToCare
Being from Illinois I had never been to a Publix until I came to Georgia for training. What a store! I can’t say enough good about them. Their deli sandwiches, made to order are fantastic. Huge pre made salads or make your own. The fried chicken is tender and juicy, with a wonderfully crispy breading . Good prices, as things go today. The associates are, helpful polite people.
So, for those that live in states with Publix stores and any others that have been to them, what is your opinion?

Quality. You pay a little more for that, but you know that's what you'll get there.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
Publix is a began in Florida. I was born & raised here and they were a good chain. Winn Dixie beat them in some ways before the Davis brothers died and that chain was sold off to outside investors. So Publix is the best we have now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by TooOldToCare

My opinion is you need to spend more time in the South. We get better fried chicken from out of town gas stations than y’all get in a restaurant in Illinois. 😆😁😃 Add some jo-jo fries and a few jalepenos to a few wings and be good to go.

But yeah, the Publix about a half mile from us is the way you describe. And the pharmacy is a good deal too. Lots of generics that are free or nearly so.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've got a Publix within walking distance of me. It's the best grocery store going, but they're proud of their stuff. It can get pricey.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kmart used to have a cafeteria

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Ya need to try the tomato bisque soup, that stuff is dang good. But the south is full. enjoy Ill.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Publix is expensive compared to most grocery stores. I worked as a bag boy then moved up to a bottle man. As a student you could only work a few hours a week, it me took a long time to save $260.00 up for a new moped.

Life is good live it while you can.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I dont mind publix, they are about 1/4 to 1/3 more than the kroger down the road. Publix has better meat in most instances. Publix makes great cakes. I'll go to it for convenience but its not our main goto. A lot less "canadians" at publix. I love Fresh Market. Great store.

Last edited by killerv; 05/10/22.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
838 members (12344mag, 1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 79 invisible), 3,269 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,712
Posts18,400,280
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.