Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
#17235327 05/09/22
E
EdM Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I just read elsewhere that Bill Wilson may be purchasing NULA. Apparently "from a reliable source". Anyone hear or know anything about this? Given that Melvin is likely going soon to retire sooner than later I believe Bill would be a good guy to run it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
BP-B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I wouldn’t be shocked at all.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
ok so who is bill wilson

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

This is the one I know of. He's the guy on the right.

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 05/10/22.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

This is the one I know of. He's the guy on the right.

Thats not the guy. The owner of Wilson barrels which also owns Cooper Firearms.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Oldelkhunter-

Friend, you are very wrong. Bill Wilson is a Arkansas fellow, ( that lives on his ranch in Texas alot ) that builds some of the finest firearms made. Built his reputation on shooting 1911's and then got in the business of making custom's. His shop, it's big, is in NW AR. He does alot of weapon platforms, AR's, pistolas, etc. for DOD, and other 3 letter folks..... I'm privileged to know several workers there, been through the shop, etc................. My dept. was the first LE dept. to carry the company's LE AR15's. I wish they would give tours to the public because alot of folks on The Fire would love to see how the elite military weapons are made.
Also, many parts for other higher end firearm companies are being produced. They have a problem finding enough workers because background checks prohibit any felons. The class III stuff prohibits that. Lots of meth, etc in the area ( as well as in many parts of the country ).
Company name is Wilson Combat.

RH

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It was my understanding that Hugo Vivero owned Wilson barrels and Cooper firearms.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My Mistake

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Razorhog
Oldelkhunter-

Friend, you are very wrong. Bill Wilson is a Arkansas fellow, ( that lives on his ranch in Texas alot ) that builds some of the finest firearms made. Built his reputation on shooting 1911's and then got in the business of making custom's. His shop, it's big, is in NW AR. He does alot of weapon platforms, AR's, pistolas, etc. for DOD, and other 3 letter folks..... I'm privileged to know several workers there, been through the shop, etc................. My dept. was the first LE dept. to carry the company's LE AR15's. I wish they would give tours to the public because alot of folks on The Fire would love to see how the elite military weapons are made.
Also, many parts for other higher end firearm companies are being produced. They have a problem finding enough workers because background checks prohibit any felons. The class III stuff prohibits that. Lots of meth, etc in the area ( as well as in many parts of the country ).
Company name is Wilson Combat.

RH

That makes sense.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Melvin has been trying to sell that company since before the Colt fiasco, I am not surprised.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Oldelkhunter-

I hope Bill Wilson is able to purchase the business and the 3rd time sell is the charm! I'm a very big Melvin Forbes fan and Bill Wilson would be able to take NULA to the next level. Fieldcraft who????? LOL. Alot of the competition have caught up somewhat with Melvins ideas, etc. but quality is such a major key, ie Colt Light and Forbes. Mr. Forbes is the TRUE PIONEER of the very accurate ultra light rifles! Again, I hope it happens.

RH

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
If true I hope it works out for both of them and me to that way i have someone to re build my present nula rifles in ten years

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have no doubt Wilson Combat 1911’s are fine firearms, I’ve shot a couple of them, but I would by an Ed Brown every time over them, and likely save a nice chunk of change in doing so. Heck, last I looked, a guy could by two of the phenomenal Dan Wesson Valors and still have cash left compared to a Wilson. My point is that everything I’ve seen with the Wilson combat name is overpriced, significantly. I’m an Arkansas guy, and like to see Arkansas companies, brands and people succeed, but if Wilson buys NULA, I expect prices to go up significantly.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by drano 25
I have no doubt Wilson Combat 1911’s are fine firearms, I’ve shot a couple of them, but I would by an Ed Brown every time over them, and likely save a nice chunk of change in doing so. Heck, last I looked, a guy could by two of the phenomenal Dan Wesson Valors and still have cash left compared to a Wilson. My point is that everything I’ve seen with the Wilson combat name is overpriced, significantly. I’m an Arkansas guy, and like to see Arkansas companies, brands and people succeed, but if Wilson buys NULA, I expect prices to go up significantly.

A significantly more man-hours of labor go into a Wilson Combat than a Dan Wesson.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by tylerw02

A significantly more man-hours of labor go into a Wilson Combat than a Dan Wesson.

I've had both, both are fine weapons.

2 Wilson's remain, the DWs were sent to new homes.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tylerw02

No doubt that’s true but at what point do you reach the point of diminishing returns? If 2 pistols shoot and perform equally well then what does one get for the additional man hours and astronomical price? I’m not knocking Wilson or any semi custom makers….. I’ve owned and sold several, I just never saw the $2000-3000 more as being worth it.imho

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good, maybe a NULA can break the $5k ceiling.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well, they aren't far of now.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Some appreciate the difference in fine rifles and pistols. Most get them to tell their friends. Same ones who buy products to go in their beards and pay someone to groom them.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Nice RUG on the guy on the left-----LOOKS LIKE A DOOR MAT!

Maybe with a name like that it is -----A FLYING CARPET!

Last edited by Hipshoot; 05/13/22.
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
128 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,672
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.