Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I patterned my new 1301 Comp 24" over the weekend to test POA/POI.

I noted that my pattern was centered about 2" to the right and about 8" high at 20'ish yards, I shoot right handed.

It was on the factory cast/drop shims of 60 mm DX (RH) cast. I was going to change to the 65mm Shim but I am trying to figure out if I need to swap the shim to a SX (LH) as well. Will that give me a neutral cast and center me or will I wind up swapping the pattern to be off to the left? I have only found one reference online and it said that there really wasn't a way to get a LH cast on a Beretta auto only a RH cast or Neutral as the SX doesn't really give you cast on it just removes the cast. Which sounds like it is what I would need.

For reference, I am 5'11" and 155 lbs with a narrow/long head/face.

Any Beretta shotgun experts?

BP-B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Cast off for a right handed person is cast on for a lefty and vice versa. The shims I have will create cast on/off depending on which side is out. It's been a while since I messed with them but I think DX moved the stock to the right and SX to the left. One also moves the comb up and down the same way.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I went ahead and tried it. I went from the factory 60DX to the 65SX on the shims as well as added a 1/2" spacer on the LOP getting it to 14". When I close my eyes and bring the shotgun up to my eyes and open them. I don't see the top of the rib anymore, just the back of it and the front bead. I think that should get me a 50/50 pattern, I hope anyway.

I didn't really notice any side rib originally so it is hard for me to judge if the "windage" is better or not. I was going to try to take it and pattern it tomorrow if I have time to see if it is "fixed". I typically have always shot better with
"US" shotguns that I have owned, (Browning/Mossberg) than European (Benelli). From my research the typical "US" shotguns normally have neutral cast on the stocks while all the Euro guns have RH cast from the factory.

The question is did the SX move it to the left of center or just center.

I guess I will find out tomorrow.

If I can't get it to work, I see a Maxus II in my future. smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
399 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.