Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by JoerTall
Buying an apartment is an important step that should be taken responsibly. There are many things to think about and consider before you buy. Consider your preferences: which area is more comfortable, are transportation hubs important, the desired floor, the number of rooms, etc. Analyze your financial capabilities. Despite the reduction in prices, I have to work hard to provide myself with an apartment, and there is no time to analyze the market. Therefore, my girlfriend decided to use the advice onstage-online.com. You need to find professionals who can competently explain the decrease in prices and whether it is not cheating.

WTF?
Bot or scammer. Just put it on ignore. Probably fluffing post count before posting in the classifieds.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
not around here... 25 miles north of the State of California..
seems everyone who speaks English wants to leave there... and southern Oregon is outside of California but close enough to still be near the grandkids...

but of course they want to turn the place into being just like California, without the taxes and crowds ....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The California flood of real estate purchases are slowing in eastern oregon, compared to western oregon. With the exception of Bend. The housing market seems to have slowed a little. I'm not hearing of bidding wars any more! Lots of bare land was sold, that needs 600 ft wells and sandfilter septic systems. If and when they can get planning department permits. Prices are still up! Waiting to see what the tax collectors try to collect, come November! Our four bed, two bath, with two garages and lots of rv parking, assessment was 360,000 going into this FJB, fiasco! Hoping they don't access it any higher. I don't see much change quickly, but a slow drop in sales, maybe not prices! As far as Idaho and Montana, your just getting the California screwing we got, for the last twenty years. Take a deep seat and tight rein boys.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
I have a friend i the outer western suburbs of Minneapolis who listed his home at 500k on Monday. I thought that was hi. He sold that evening after multiple offers for 610k.
Baffles me.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I live in rural Tennessee, 13 miles from a decent sized town. Checked with two local contractors recently and both told me building costs were in the $300 range per sq foot for a nice brick home.
Just received my latest county property tax appraisal and the value of our property increased 120% since last appraisal.
Other than paying higher property taxes and more for homeowners insurance the increase in value doesn’t help me.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StGeorger
My oldest son purchased a 4000 sq ft.beautiful brick home in a newer very nice neighborhood in Bloomington, Illinois for $89/sq ft a.year ago. It's nearly $300 per sq ft here in St George. I guess it is indeed location.

have you been to illinios? I would freaking hate it there. state run by libs. corn fields and farms outside the cities. no mountains, no rivers with trout in them. no deserts with public lands. there is a reason the house is cheaper. I think utah is seeing a massive migration because its still kinda a conservative state and people see just what a variety of things that can recreate doing around here. St george is awesome too. we love going there, for the reasons I stated.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We came through St. George a few weeks ago, were astounded at all the construction going on, new homes and apartment buildings on every square inch of ground as far as the eye can see. Used to be a nice little town, big city now.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Market in SoCal is still nuts. Hope it stays that way for another couple months!

Have my house here I had Mom staying in (moved her in when wife relocated to San Diego for a job move). Unfortunately she passed away in late February. I locked up the place and let it sit for a couple months, with plans for the wife and I to likely move back in this summer. Then, suddenly the old lady comes home one day six weeks ago and asks "want to move to AZ?" Her company asked if she was interested in a transfer to their Tempe office. Of course, I'm all in. After all these years stuck in Kalifornistan, I finally have the opportunity to go home. So we are pulling up stakes and getting out of this hell hole. Leaving a great job I've had for 26 years, but this opportunity may never present again unless I wait it out until retirement.

I recall back in 2006 and 2007 everyone was telling me to buy. "Great investment...houses going up 10% to 15% every year!"

One of the best decisions of my life, I left my money in the bank and did not buy. I was at that time looking at homes well over an hour away from work which were going for $500k to $600k, and were "fixer uppers". I thought "this is insane, who can afford or would want to do this! I'm not spending $500k on a fixer upper!" I did not buy.

Then the crash. When I thought the time was right and I could actually afford a nice move in ready home, I went looking again. Bought in November of 2009. Did not quite hit the bottom of the market, but was not off by much. Bought a nice move in ready home at $430k.

Here now almost 13 years later as I rush to get house emptied and on market at the end of the month, house looks to go somewhere in the $850k to $900k range. Owing less than $350k I'll be walking away with a nice chunk of change.

We will be looking to buy in AZ immediately, but am going to leave a good chunk of that money in the bank to hedge my bets. Should the market drop big again in the coming year or two, I'll be looking to buy a 2nd place as an investment property. Very happy to be selling now. Not so happy about buying now. But will leave funds on the side to pull the trigger on another place should what I fear is coming actually happen.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DaveR
Then the crash. When I thought the time was right and I could actually afford a nice move in ready home, I went looking again. Bought in November of 2009. Did not quite hit the bottom of the market, but was not off by much. Bought a nice move in ready home at $430k.

Here now almost 13 years later as I rush to get house emptied and on market at the end of the month, house looks to go somewhere in the $850k to $900k range. Owing less than $350k I'll be walking away with a nice chunk of change.

Sounds to me like the market in California actually lags behind most areas of the country. It took 13 years for your house to double in value. Our property in rural TN increased 120% in less than 3 years.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From what I'm hearing from local contractors, there's still high demand for houses, but no more "build, damn the cost" situations. It's cooling, a little.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
245 acres in Panama... $396,000 USD

https://www.panamarealtor.com/property/28338

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by StGeorger
My oldest son purchased a 4000 sq ft.beautiful brick home in a newer very nice neighborhood in Bloomington, Illinois for $89/sq ft a.year ago. It's nearly $300 per sq ft here in St George. I guess it is indeed location.

have you been to illinios? I would freaking hate it there. state run by libs. corn fields and farms outside the cities. no mountains, no rivers with trout in them. no deserts with public lands. there is a reason the house is cheaper. I think utah is seeing a massive migration because its still kinda a conservative state and people see just what a variety of things that can recreate doing around here. St george is awesome too. we love going there, for the reasons I stated.

I agree with your assessment of Illinois. Couldn't handle it for the very same reasons you stated. But, his wife's parents are there, it's her hometown and my son is very happy. Different strokes I suppose.

St George is great. Close to all the wonders of the west, and I can be shooting on the AZ strip in 20 minutes. I am indeed lucky and blessed to have ended up here.

Old guy, old guns.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
735 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 84 invisible), 2,738 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.