Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by martentrapper
June. 11! Begich is a wild card I think. We will have to hope he stays the course if he gets in. I am voting for him.
If you really examine Sarah's past, she just isn't cut out for serious representation work. She is a pretty face with an outgoing personality, but she is just as likely to compromise on serious issues!

I don’t think so. Palin is tea party. She’ll vote tea party

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
June. 11! Begich is a wild card I think. We will have to hope he stays the course if he gets in. I am voting for him.
If you really examine Sarah's past, she just isn't cut out for serious representation work. She is a pretty face with an outgoing personality, but she is just as likely to compromise on serious issues!

Agreed. She would be solid on tea party line. If they were so easy to keep in line we would not have our twin PsOS Senators. I would take either of them as Senators before what we have.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I don't put very much stock in what politicians say, I go by what they have done. Palin stood up to Exxon over Pt. Thompson and fought for us in many other ways. She was the highest rated governor in the country. Her only fault was being TOO ethical -- she should have KEPT her job as Governor while she ran with McCain. I also remember the last time we had a "Nick Begich" in Congress.

My only regret is that she isn't taking on Murkowski instead, because I think Sarah is probably the only one who could beat the Republican-hating idiot.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember what she did too. She tucked tail and quit when the going got rough. We don't need another quitter, even if its just an interim quittter.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RimfireArtist
I don't put very much stock in what politicians say, I go by what they have done. Palin stood up to Exxon over Pt. Thompson and fought for us in many other ways. She was the highest rated governor in the country. Her only fault was being TOO ethical -- she should have KEPT her job as Governor while she ran with McCain. I also remember the last time we had a "Nick Begich" in Congress.

My only regret is that she isn't taking on Murkowski instead, because I think Sarah is probably the only one who could beat the Republican-hating idiot.
Her ethics are my biggest problem with her. And that does not include quitting. She was being sued by everyone, like Trump was being hammered. Her legal bills were mounting and she felt it best for the State. I agree with her on quitting.

The Trooper-gate issue was huge and she had plenty of other problems with dealing with her own life and family and using her powers in the wrong way.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Palin is just a vote at this point. She’s annoying AF which might cause a few liberals Heads to explode.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I just don’t think I can trust a Begich. That is one rotten vine. I hope I’m wrong about him.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Calvin

I think she’ll vote just like Young and Steven’s- “what’s best for Alaska” which really means as long as there’s earmarks for the AK gimmedats.

Remember ACES, her opposition to SB-21 and “Alaskans fair share?”

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by mart
I just don’t think I can trust a Begich. That is one rotten vine. I hope I’m wrong about him.
I’m sure glad my friends don’t judge me by my dad, uncle and grandfather. I have very different political opinions than them.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well all three of us in our family voted for Begich

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by LoadClear
I’m sure glad my friends don’t judge me by my dad, uncle and grandfather. I have very different political opinions than them.

You are right but still would you vote for a Clinton, Pelosi or Schumer relative because they claimed to be conservative. I may be 100 percent wrong about him. I truly hope I am. I haven’t made up my mind yet who to vote for. I have more research and contemplation to do.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by LoadClear

You are right but still would you vote for a Clinton, Pelosi or Schumer relative because they claimed to be conservative. I may be 100 percent wrong about him. I truly hope I am. I haven’t made up my mind yet who to vote for. I have more research and contemplation to do.
These particulars… probably not given the circumstances of their upbringing. However the Begich’s of Alaska (I hope) were not as polluted as your average Clinton or Pelosi.

I’m no smarter than the next guy, but Nick Becgich III seems to be a Conservative based on his positions throughout his public life here in the valley.

Last edited by LoadClear; 05/11/22.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I call Nick a “BINO”.

Begich In Name Only.

Really, don’t blame him.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is definitely a case of name recognition being a double edged sword for young Nick.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Nick subed in on the radio for AJ on info wars...good guy ...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Okay. You guys have caused me to do a bit more research. Looks like I’ll cast my vote his way. I like Sarah but don’t think she’s congressional material.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Nick subed in on the radio for AJ on info wars...good guy ...
Same name … different person.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Sarah has a ton of actual political and leadership experience. What does Nick have in regard to those things?

He might be a great guy and a conservative but so what? Running ads showing himself shooting a shotgun with a revolver on his belt led me to believe he wasn't very bright.

And I'm a guy who spends 3 or 4 days a week at the gun range.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What state are you in?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Well, I'm not asking out of curiosity. I will be voting for one or the other of them. smile

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
148 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 13 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.