24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
PA_Bob Offline OP
OP Offline
Maybe I'm late to the party, but been reloading now a couple of decades. Interested to hear users experiences with GRT as an aid in load development--good, bad, accurate, etc.? There are so many holes in manufacturers data with respect to new propellants/powders and new projectiles, complicated by the lack of availability of all of the above that I find I need to create loads out of whole cloth, and I'd like to have a baseline in facts or at least a SWAG. Already installed GRT and playing with it.

BP-B2

I've just started playing with this as well. Still learning how to use it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've used GRT a little and found that it yields results very similar to QUICKLOAD results. I know that for some cartridges QL gives erroneous solutions, but I don't load any of those myself. I think GRT takes user reports to fine tune their algorithms and that may set it apart from QuickLOAD for those cartridges, but I'd not assume that.

Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Give a communist a helicopter ride, he flies for an afternoon. Throw a communist out of a helicopter and he flies for the rest of his life.....

P
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
P
GRT is dependent on users submitting accurate data. Popular cartridges with lots of data submissions like the 6.5 CM for example, have been spot-on running what-ifs for me.

However, not-so-popular cartridges such as the 9.3x62mm? The predictions are not even close.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This doesn't lend much encouragement . . . .
Quote from GRT site

"Important announcement

I just wanted to reach out and let you know that my husband Gordon passed away on January 19th 2022.

Until further notice, this site stays online. Please note that Patreon contributions have been paused.

Initially, no additional submissions should be made to the GRTLab, or Translations, as no one has access to service the data.
Therefore, it will be impossible to update Powder Models, Calibers, and Bullet to the GRT database as an official release until the possibilities of continuing Gordon's fine work are explored.

Take care!
Chrissi "

IC-A B3

P
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
P
Oh boy...

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
697 members (10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22

UDG-IP

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.