Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sorry for the latest bad news Shaman. Sending you hugs brother.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good Luck, your positive attitude is an inspiration to all.

Prayers will continue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad to hear the system worked in your favor (as it should have). Enjoy what easy days you have and charge through the hard ones. Eventually you’ll be through all of this and then enjoying the retired life you worked so long for.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm back.

The platelet infusion was a bit of a dog's breakfast. They got me down there at 1430, and got me in the chair and then. . .
ooops! I needed my port opened.
ooops! I needed my blood typed.
Ooops! we need to order your blood.

Bottom line: they started me on the chicken soup (platelets look like chicken soup.) about 1600 and at 1610 I started noticing the room getting dark and I was getting a little tingly. That was the wrong thing to say.

These people are on a hair trigger on giving blood products. Anything in the least untoward is seen as a prelude to anaphylactic shock. Nothing happened. They dosed me up good on Benedryl through the IV and sent me home. They start back on it early tomorrow. I'll start with a dose of Benedryl and then I'll probably be so bombed that the room could fly away and I won't know. They threw us out at 1750.

The entire shamanic tribe met us at home, and I had to make two runs to various chicken joints to cater the affair.

Joke of the day: I told the folks down at the IV Therapy that I wanted to make sure they got me the right kind of blood products, ethnically speaking. While they were sputtering, I added I was hoping to get something wild and exotic; it might change my taste in food or something-- whatever it was, I didn't want any of that stodgy German crap.

Last edited by shaman; 05/12/22.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My blood has been on a crazy train for 5 years.

Leukopenia
Thrombocytopenia
Platelets wacky
Pancytopenia
Anemic
Bottomed-out hemoglobin

I do the pukey-barfy thing about 3 days a week, usually in the morning. 20 mins of heaves and few mouthfuls of green puke, gets the endorphins going and I’m ready to bounce.

Ren50 gets to the farm at 4:30, im in the chair the cat with a hairball impression, rib cage over my neck, forehead at the bottom my puke bucket. I motion him to just come on in the kitchen and give me 10 mins.

I’ve begged for transfusions before just to freshen me up and top me off. The rarely oblige. They seem to like to keep you weak.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When i was 10 days into getting my guts re-arranged 3 years ago when they moved me out of intensive care into a regular room.

They did it at night/early morning to keep from scaring folks.

The team that saved me came by as well as the vampire crew to get their draw when i told them things looked like an old movie cut seen where it closes in a circular shape,then i started slumping to the floor.

I still had all of the tools because the bed came from the IC so they hauled my ass to the heart IC,while talking to the Doc in the elevator i told him that they better save the strip because it was over.

After they got me settled in i told them that i have not had my vitamins since i had been there.

Not only was i without those things that your heart needs to keep going i was 2 bags of blood short.

The next week i went to my regular Doc and he did a blood test and i wound up getting a good Brisket lunch but also 3 units of new stuff.

Guess that crap happens when you no longer make the vitamins you need to make your own blood.

Keep fighting.Never Give Up Never Surrender.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
758 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 93 invisible), 3,020 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,075
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.