Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
have any other vets been insured with USAA and ended up getting sold one thing
Like how great they are and how much they care for veterans..

and then need to make a claim and get excuses and short sheeted?

then jerked around and passed around up and down the hall to just try to get some questions answered
for like over an 18 month period no less?

Just wondering if they are just treating me this way, or is this SOP ( Standard Operational Procedure)

been with these guys for all my insurance for 10 years to the tune of $7 grand a year...

ya need it and ya get jerked around.. while telling you how great they are and how much they care..

What they sell and what they deliver? I'm not seeing it or experiencing it...

anyone else got more of a reach around, than taking care of business when you file a claim with them?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Filed a claim for hail damage a couple months ago. Smooth process and extremely quick. Replaced my entire roof, and only my deductible out of pocket.

Auto claim several years ago. Again, smooth process and no issues.

AllState is another matter. You're "in good hands with AllState". Until you have an accident/claim. Then all you get is the finger...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
never a problem in over 50 years

When the tailgate drops the BS stops.
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Been with them for 30 years. Never had any issues on anything.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It must be just you. Even the body shop I used for a small repair a while back praised USAA.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have had vet friends with that problem. (I don't use them)

Seems to be really random tho - not across the board, it's literally whomever just happens to be unlucky that day when it hits.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I priced auto insurance through them. My understanding is they are just a broker for insurance products.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Always great service here! They don't raise my policy every year like Geico and Progressive.

Good Shooting!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
USAA on everything. They are flawless for us. Instant claims... instant insurance... low rate loans.

Only complaint is they won't insure heavy trucks for me directly.

Sorry for your troubles.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I was with USAA for 20 years. They were the best. Never any complaints. About the same time I started seeing all the USAA commercials during football games I noticed prices going up. I checked with several big name companies and they all beat USAA for car/home insurance. I gave USAA a chance to match them, they weren't interested. they even sold my Roth IRA to another company without informing me. That really pissed me off. Why do they need to advertise so much? They had a captive audience.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
All of my home and car claims with them have been flawless.

I don't care if they cost more, totally worth it to this taxpayer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hunting1
Always great service here! They don't raise my policy every year like Geico and Progressive.

The raised my car rates $50 last year even with no accidents and the same vehicles. "Sorry, uninsured claims have gone up in your area"

While claims service has been flawless with them over the 33 years I've had them, when we move later this year I'll do a clean sheet analysis of all our insurances.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Been with USAA for a long time. 30+ years. Absolutely zero problems and only praise. My daughter had a very difficult run around (through USAA) after a smelly punk kid ran into her. She ended up doing everything herself through stinky’s insurance.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Been with them for near 30 years - multiple auto insurance claims through years, I've had no issues on autos.

Roof repair was another story, BUT - it was a fair settlement for what I needed.

Did a mortgage through them in 2002 that was a three-ring total disaster in funding, execution, and closing the sale - they used a third party vendor that provided the service for USAA, the company went under after about a year, but it was a rough ride in the mean time.

Auto loans have been smooth, with several drive-away off of the lot on a hand shake

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They used to jerk soldiers around on home owner claims here outside Ft Campbell. The big problem was ‘contract adjusters’ fkn idiots.

It was hard to get money out of them, only want to pay for “half” the roof. I’ve worked claims like that for wind but to get the run around on a 1/2 face for a total hail pounding was another memory.

Other times they’d write the roofing check TO THE HOMEOWNER instead of me. Had one scumball insured go cash the check, blow the money on a weekend trip to hootie and the blowfish or some chit and want to finance the job after that. I put a lien on his house and he was trying PCS too. LOL

Last USAA commercial I seen was a Bleck female big butt major and a do-nothing/know-nothing stay at home white husband stereotype. I guess you can have a fat ass in the Navy.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have used USAA for years and never had an issue. When I was stationed in FL we had a waterline under the slab break and flood out 4 rooms in the middle of the night. Called USAA as soon as they opened in the morning ant by 0930 I had an adjuster and a dewatering outfit on the site. They took care of everything really fast and really good. And for that reason they have kept my business.

Originally Posted by slumlord
Last USAA commercial I seen was a Bleck female big butt major and a do-nothing/know-nothing stay at home white husband stereotype. I guess you can have a fat ass in the Navy.

I guess you're too dumb to know there is no such thing as a major in the Navy. Never has been. Navy calls an O-4 a LCDR.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord

I saw that disgusting. Don't know if they use actors or not....

Anyway

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Me

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
USAA member for 39 yrs - auto, renters insurance in the past, now homeowners ins. Only claims I've made are for auto coverage (5 or 6 claims in last 20 yrs). Fast service, no run-arounds, no underpayments - they have always paid full bodyshop charges (minus deductible) and anything else covered by my policy like rental cars. My only gripe is the office that sends out their in-house estimates keeps using an old email address that I don't want to use instead of my current one.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Reba
never a problem in over 50 years

Same here. Claims, auto or home were painless. Even when my daughter at school,90 miles away, got clipped by some guy not watching where he was going as he turned into a parking lot.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
30 years. They are not as good as they once was, but neither am I.

Biggest disapointment was seeing recently that they outsourced their investments. I had not been in those for 10+years but was about to jump back in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

74 members (10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 264mag, 2500HD, 14 invisible), 1,049 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,483
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.