24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Heck, the fact that NEW has to be applied to it tells you something.

BP-B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Corlanes in Dawson has never been so busy at this time of yr....
It's a done deal folks.
This libtarded Government just crapped in our breakfast,

Masken Ussewuchikun Nookwatum keyatugeye

Y
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by eric123
Corlanes in Dawson has never been so busy at this time of yr....
It's a done deal folks.
This libtarded Government just crapped in our breakfast,

Masken Ussewuchikun Nookwatum keyatugeye

I've got a very nice left hand Montana XAR on consignment there, maybe it will sell soon.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Getting mixed info on this. While there is no doubt Castreau is going to implement some sort of back-door registration, I'm seeing conflicting info on whether it applies only to retailers or person-to-person sales.

Guess we'll have to wait until the 18th to find out.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
This just in from the RCMP

On May 18, 2022, changes to sections 23 (Authorization to transfer non-restricted firearms) and 58.1 (Conditions - licence issued to business) of the Firearms Act; section 24.1 (Conditions) of the Firearms Licences Regulations; and sections 5 and 6 (Information Relating to Transferee's Licence), 7 (Period of Validity of Reference Number), 10, 11, and 12 of the Conditions of Transferring Firearms and Other Weapons Regulations, will come into force.

These changes will result in the addition to your licence of new conditions related to the retention and preservation of records of non-restricted firearms.

Please find below the business licence conditions that will be added to your current licence as of May 18, 2022.

A notice, with these new conditions, will be mailed to your business address.

If you have questions or would like additional information, please call 1 800 731-4000.

Conditions

Effective May 18, 2022 :

(1) The business must record and, for a period of 20 years beginning on the day on which the record is created, keep the following information relating to the business' possession and disposal of all non-restricted firearms:
(a) the classification of the firearm;
(b) the date and an indication of any business activity related to the possession or the disposal of the firearm, including, if applicable, its purchase, sale, bartering, gifting, consignment, importation, exportation, repair, alteration, deactivation, destruction, manufacture, pawn broking, storage and display;
(c) the firearm's manufacturer, make, model, type, action, gauge or calibre, barrel length and, in the case of a fixed magazine, magazine capacity;
(d) all serial numbers displayed on the firearm's frame or receiver;
(e) the name and address of the individual or business to which the firearm was sent, or from which the firearm was received, in the course of any business activity referred to in paragraph (b) other than an activity that relates to a transfer of the firearm, if applicable; and,
(f) if the business caused the firearm to be shipped by another person, the name of the shipper or carrier, their licence number or permit number, if applicable, and the package tracking number of the shipped firearm.

(2) The business must record and, for a period of 20 years from the day on which the business transfers a non-restricted firearm, keep the following information in respect of the transfer:
(a) the reference number issued by the Registrar;
(b) the day on which the reference number was issued;
(c) the transferee's licence number; and
(d) the firearm's make, model and type and, if any, its serial number.

(3) The business must, unless otherwise directed by a chief firearms officer, transmit any records containing the information referred to at conditions (1) or (2) above to the Registrar of Firearms if it is determined that the business will cease to be a business.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
OFAH has some info out on this.

Basically, retailers have to keep sale information for 20 years.

Private sellers must obtain a verification number proving that the buyer’s PAL is legit. It’s done through an online portal (coincidentally using the same “Sign-in Partner” you would use to electronically submit your annual tax return.) You are NOT required to provide the CFO with any information regarding the particular long-gun you are selling.

https://www.ofah.org/firearms/billc71/

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Or, you could just ignore the whole thing. GD

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sherrif Joe, Canadian's cannot purchased any shooting related equipment stateside now.
This is not due to Canadian law , we are stopped by US Customs on our way home.
The latest shot at a gun registry in Canada is another knee jerk effort by urban Canada to impose its value system( nonexistant) on rural people. I just don't believe it will get serious traction to go forward.
It will cost billions and have zero effect.
Another City driven boondoggle,
But I digress, I went to the city and was nearly driven over by some form of electric car, it might of just bounced off my person but I do have a suggestion.....maybe they should have a soundtrack like Harley, a horn like a tractor trailer and a backup beep like a coal haul truck. and Christmas tree lighting all over for visibility.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are going to have a mass shooter incident, book it.
This will justify Trudeau's authoritarian laws, really I think that is why they rolled back the gun grab...to give them time to roll out the narrative, something stinks about the Nova Scotia shooting, too many unanswered questions.....weird really.
I really think he is going to go full out on all guns, that is his mental state of mind, he is a mental case.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trudeau is going to use the shooting in Texas to promote his agenda, he threatens more gun control in the coming weeks.
Head in hands.

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Canada reacts to another Countries issue's.
Why not look at the gun violence in Ukraine? I hear it is pretty bad in Somalia too, lets bring in an unknown number of Somalian's to start gang wars in our Cities, then blame us?
How long has Texas been apart of Canada? So many questions, and there isn't anyone to answer them.
https://firearmrights.ca/new-gun-bill-to-drop-monday/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning my friend, I hope you're all well on this last weekend of May.

It's been a weird, cool spring here and I hear from family up in your area you're in the same boat?

If I was a cynic, I'd opine that the further firearms restrictions being dropped on Monday have been a long time in the works - years likely if I was truly cynical - that they were just waiting for the "appropriate time".

Further to that sir and again only if I was both cynical and had a foil lining on my headgear, I'd say that anyone who has been remotely paying attention can logically deduce none of the new stipulations will have any meaningful effect on crime but absolutely will further an agenda - you know if that's what the goal was and all that.

Admittedly I'm jaded after more than 4 decades of attempting to push back on government overreach as well as educate my fellow Canadian firearm owners that we've been playing for literally "all the marbles" this entire time.

I cannot begin to articulate how much happier I would be if I'd been entirely wrong this whole time. Alas, that seems not to be the case at this juncture.

That said, I shall continue to do just that - that is to attempt to show our fellow citizens the truth as I see it and to work towards unseating the current power elite.

Life tends to go in cycles or swings of the pendulum and you and I as students of history see this clearly. The tough part for me to judge is just where we're at in the swing or cycle and then of course how far the other way the push back will be, you know?

We'll see.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,386 guests, and 690 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.