Print Thread
Hop To
P
Puddle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
A little while back I whined about range-owned chrony's getting shot on a regular basis such that the range quit loaning them out to members.

Now, I discovered all the sandbags used on the benches front rests have been removed.

Why? Because the newb's don't know better than to place the birdcage and muzzle brakes directly on the bags, thus blowing holes in the bags. Jeezus.

The range now hands bags out during public hours at $5 a bag. You blow a hole in it, you just bought it for $5.

Me? Since I'm only there during non-public hours I had to make up my own bags and now cart them around as well.

Feelin' sorry for me yet?

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've been to more than one public range on the west side of the Cascades. I see how that would happen.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Puddle
A little while back I whined about range-owned chrony's getting shot on a regular basis such that the range quit loaning them out to members.

Now, I discovered all the sandbags used on the benches front rests have been removed.

Why? Because the newb's don't know better than to place the birdcage and muzzle brakes directly on the bags, thus blowing holes in the bags. Jeezus.

The range now hands bags out during public hours at $5 a bag. You blow a hole in it, you just bought it for $5.

Me? Since I'm only there during non-public hours I had to make up my own bags and now cart them around as well.

Feelin' sorry for me yet?

Buy a front rest. A range shouldn't supply bags anyway. I see the same thing at the new range I go to now. Many of the pos have holes in them and leak sand on the fn table/bench..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Also, my club in Washington does not supply sand bags, as the same thing was happening and they said screw that, bring your own bags. Easy enough fix. No supplied sand bags here either:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have never even heard of a range supplying bags, I have always owned my own.....Hb

P
Puddle Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
I've yet to shoot at a range that didn't have sandbags.

Must be a wet side WA thing ...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (6MMWASP, 338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 13 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,189
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.