Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I thought you were, but some on here have said the same thing, and not tongue-in-cheek.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

BP-B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Osky
At my age, 60’s, I’ve been hunting and guiding since a teen and I have never even considered a shot at something I could not see. I have had countless chances at client wounded animals as well and if I cannot put the hairs/sight on the spot I want to hit I don’t shoot.
This “sound shot” nonsense I used to hear about from guys around here in northern MN and it always made me cringe.
I am incredulous at how often I read about hunters doing this.

Osky

This takes "ALL" the guess work out of it!

Orange or not! Identify your Target or don't shoot!

Don't shoot at movement or noise, (sound)!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
In semi- communist CA where we have more laws & rules than anywhere no orange required. One hunting buddy shot a deer bless than 40 yards from camouflaged son in law he never saw tucked behind a fallen log. Scared the daylights out of him. Deer died on the spot but could have run right past son in law. Poor communication one of the guys moved into a hillside that was occupied already by the other.

In Utah bow hunting elk in a ghillie suit firearm bear hunters with dogs chased a big bear my way - luckily he winded me & left. Would not have wanted shooting going on in that situation- thanked the hunters for reminding me I enjoyed being alive.

States can make hunting conditions safer with common sense rules. Shooting without identifying your target is unforgivable.

J
Campfire Guide
Campfire Guide
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
He's not gonna get off. He told the deputy exactly what happened and his friend was right there and saw the whole thing. There's no doubt about what happened.

And given all that, he didn't make any friends with the DA or local community by trying to weasel out of what he did.

I doubt he will, nor should he. ....however when people are involved, especially 12. You never know.....

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
Ain't that the truth. Even on here where people should know better, some have tried to blame this on overlapping hunting seasons, or the bowhunter for not wearing orange.

IC-A B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by pete53
a real good attorney will get him off ,it just cost plenty money. don`t forget O.J. walked. there is an attorney in Minnesota that would get him off but it would be very expensive because he is one of the best in the country , he deals with Feds alot .
OJ spent a lot more than most of us have. He paid $1 mill to a legal team that specialized in jury selection. They guaranteed the client a jury that wouldn't convict no matter what the evidence. They did it using preemption in jury selection. They got a woman on the jury who would vote not guilty even if she'd seen him stab his wife in person.

The idea that a wealthy person can buy their own jury like that shows a big flaw in our legal system.

Sin wouldn't be so attractive if the wages were paid immediately.
No Democrat left behind. Vote them all out.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Just wondering, whatever happened to the Pa. elk hunter that shot and killed a fella from West Virginia a couple of years ago?

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
He was charged with criminally negligent homicide. Looks like the trial is scheduled for June:

https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news...in-trial-for-shooting-death-judge-rules/

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
He was charged with criminally negligent homicide. Looks like the trial is scheduled for June:

https://www.steamboatpilot.com/news...in-trial-for-shooting-death-judge-rules/
Thanks. I know of the shooters family.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
109 members (6MMWASP, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 30incher, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 14 invisible), 802 guests, and 543 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22

UDG-IP

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.