Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Take a minute to listen to the link and it will answer those questions quicker than I can. I think it will clarify the title. I finally got done with the sewing project for my arbor wraps tomorrow morning. Good night.
You declined to answer my very clear inquiry - apparently went to bed instead. It is morning, so why not try? Given experience here, only a fool would go to one of your links after you failed to answer a simple question.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Should Christians respect other religions?

This isn't a question as to whether or not believers should have compassion on the lost. It's a question about the various religions that are contrary to the God of the Bible.

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/JNUNjFnaxg4[/video]

Crapper, could you please just give it a rest?

Tarquin
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by comerade
I am Catholic, so our faith is followed dilgently..
I have problems with evangelizing forcefully to those around us.
Most evangelizing sounds empty and egotistical to me.
I try to provide an example to others by my actions rather than debate,
I have read extensively about Muslim, Jewish Hinduism etc. , some of it is enlightening but doesn't offer the Peace of Christianity, imo.
There is far to much hatred and judgement around us these day. We are told not to judge others, so lead by example

This^^^^^.

Tarquin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Pretty much all religions have the same goal....control/conformity.

And pretty much all religions leverage fear of the unknown, to that end.

And pretty much all religions have guys like HC, in it for the money.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by comerade
I am Catholic, so our faith is followed dilgently..
There are gonna be some 'christians' here who don't think you belong in the same category as them.
Who????

Oh... the Catholic Apostate Billy/Crappy Hamster for one.....

Ya turn ya burn.............

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

^^^^^ this

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by antlers
How much good was done with tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity…?
No more or less than was done with loosely controlled Christianity. That’s simply a matter of studying history.
They're likely a great many millions that would disagree with you. Especially those who lived under the rigid control of a tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity.

History shows that for a great many years…like for 1200 years…the church dominated almost every aspect of life where tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity existed. Going to church then wasn’t voluntary (neither was tithing), people were forced to go to church (and forced to tithe), it was mandatory.

The church condoned feudalism...a kind of institutionalized slavery...where the subjugated peasantry did all of the hard labor. For this 90% of the population life was pretty miserable. Most kids died before adulthood, punishments for the poor were very harsh, people worked the land hoping only to survive another season...or another day. Life for the vast majority was a dreary existence.

The peasants were pretty much worked to death, and they dedicated generations of their resources…had them taken away from em’…to build huge awe inspiring cathedrals with stained glass, statues, pulpits, and guilted altarpieces...and the faithful masses paid the price for all of it. You can still see much of it to this day. Once a week these illiterate peasants would walk into these churches and be told what to believe. If they questioned any of it, or believed the wrong thing, they could be excommunicated (damned to hell) or even be executed.

Tightly structured and tightly controlled Christianity…? I’ll pass.

I appreciate your view but it appears to be limited to the Roman church. There has always been organization in the church. Taking the or a worst example to make the argument really doesn’t do the discussion justice. There have been good and bad organizations. They are full of sinful men just as every man who self interprets is sinful also with a heart that is full of deceit. The organization and the individual are all subject to the same bag of sinful flesh and make the exact same errors.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
HC

Are you Bill Stallings?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
HC

Are you Bill Stallings?

🤣🤣🤣

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

This isn't a question as to whether or not believers should have compassion on the lost. It's a question about the various religions that are contrary to the God of the Bible.

I firmly believe that Happy Camper would have jumped at the chance to be on Thomas de Torquemada's team.

IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Crapper, could you please just give it a rest?

A couple of Biden supporters. How quaint and gay of you two.

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
HC

Are you Bill Stallings?

Fred Phelps's less-charismatic twin?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sauer200
I firmly believe that Happy Camper would have jumped at the chance to be on Thomas de Torquemada's team.
You got that right. He would have tried to take charge of it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by smokepole

And pretty much all religions have guys like HC, in it for the money.

Money is not the only motivation for some people to misuse religion.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I appreciate your view but it appears to be limited to the Roman church. There has always been organization in the church. Taking the or a worst example to make the argument really doesn’t do the discussion justice. There have been good and bad organizations. They are full of sinful men just as every man who self interprets is sinful also with a heart that is full of deceit. The organization and the individual are all subject to the same bag of sinful flesh and make the exact same errors.
The Roman church was pretty much the only game in town for over 1200 years of Christianity, and they were the epitome of ‘organized religion’. Some would say that referring to over 60% of the 2000 year history of the church absolutely does do the discussion justice.

Many guys on this board have repeatedly voiced their opinion about the ills of organized religion even nowadays on these threads…especially the control and money aspect…believers and non-believers, churched and unchurched alike. There’s a reason for that.

If believers truly are individually part of a kingdom of priests, and if believers truly can have an individual one on one relationship with Jesus, and if the same powerful Spirit of God that raised Jesus from the dead truly dwells within each individual believer and guides them into all the truth, then why on earth would any believer limit themselves to only believing what they are told to believe by organized Christianity…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Muslims practicing islam want power and control of the people. They hate Americans, the Constitution, and the USA. They are enemies and traitors. Their agendas do not allow the Constitution to exist. There is no place in the Constitution or the USA for sharia law. They believe in the normalization of unethical and immoral behavior. They should not be allowed in our government any where. Islam is a cult, a way of life, it requires you convert to islam or die. No other options exist for the faithful. We do not need any one in the government who is not supporting Americans.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by plumbum
HC

Are you Bill Stallings?
Fred Phelps's less-charismatic twin?
Ain’t that the truth. I happened to live in Kansas when the Phelps circus was in operation. As demented as the unhappy noncamper.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I just mind my own business. I won’t judge you. Don’t you judge me. The end.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Well what did Jesus say and do about them?

He was kind to the Samaritan woman, despite their religious differences.

I have an idea 💡 let's act as he did.

He also told us to love one another as we would be loved. How do you want others to treat you and your religion?

We are told not to be idolators, but He did not waste time "disrespecting" them so why would you?

And that is a common theme in this thread, what is underlying your inquiry?

I suspect you are looking for heavenly permission to be a self-rigjteous jerk. Lots of Christians have done so, you will not be the first by a long shot.

Every person you dissuade from Christianity is a disservice to our Lord.

Last edited by plumbum; 05/14/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by plumbum

Well what did Jesus say and do about them?

He was kind to the Samaritan woman, despite their religious differences.

I have an idea 💡 let's act as he did.

He also told us to love one another as we would be loved. How do you want others to treat you and your religion?

We are told not to be idolators, but He did not waste time "disrespecting" them so why would you?

And that is a common theme in this thread, what is underlying your inquiry?

I suspect you are looking for heavenly permission to be a self-rigjteous jerk. Lots of Christians have done so, you will not be the first by a long shot.

Every person you dissuade from Christianity is a disservice to our Lord.

Great post!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 62 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,663
Posts18,455,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.