Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by TWR
Well I swapped to a 1-4 Trijicon on this gun for hunting, added BUIS’s and went to sight both in today.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Got it about an inch high at 100 then moved to 200 yards and shot a sub MOA 5 shot group with 77 SMK’s.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Then went and sighted the irons at 50 meters, grabbed another red dotted AR and confirmed zero, then i was done.

What kind of mount are you using for your scope?
J, TWR is probably in bed. That appears to be an AD Recon mount. Nice mounts. I had one, but don't do quick disconnects and got rid of it. That is one qc mount that is good for returning to zero. A very solid mounting system.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
i've not found them to be better then 52, 53 and 55gr offerings for 10 shots.

plenty good mind you.. but not smallest agg.

ymmv

I will take the 77 smk over the 52,53,55 for the 600yd line.

I'll take them all day long at any distance. Short or long. I'll give up a little to gain a lot..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I don't think the difference in accuracy between a, say, 60 or 69 Sierra over a 77 is useful. Even they are 1/4 minute better, what are you gonna do at <=200 that couldn't be done with the 77? Further out, the 77 beats them in the wind.

I use light bullets up close not so much because they are more accurate, but because they cut down on recoil.

Those Criterion's are very nice barrels. I sighted one in with 52s and got about a 1/4" group for 3 @ 100.

Oh so many times I've shot the infamous 1/4" group for 3 shots. With any bullet weight in any rifle, just about every time I go to the range.. I'm not going to walk down to the target and take a picture of it every fn time though. I'd be worn out.. 10 shot groups are also highly overrated, but we can all talk about how our guns shoot sub moa for them though.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
It takes a little distance for the 77’s to come into their own.

Shooting at 100 yards, I’ve found more than a few bullets that out shot the 77’s. I like them for their killing ability and I built this upper to play with on our steel range, it’ll see plenty of 77’s but I’m sure my 55 grain NBT’s will produce a tighter group for show and tell.

Show us and tell us. I can't wait.. Your rifle is looking good though.

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
It is an ADM Recon mount, I still have the 10x super chicken in another one and can swap back and forth for hunting or the steel range. Plus I like shooting irons now and then.

If the wind holds I may try to sneak back out this evening and try the 55’s.

I also swapped the H2 buffer out for an H buffer and ejection was at 4:00, 18” rifle gas really shouldn’t need an H2 and I wanted to be sure it runs good in cold weather too. Still pretty smooth.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 1,074 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,281
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.