Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
As long as it causes no problems, division, conflict, each to their own. Believe whatever floats your boat....truth is another matter.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Muslims practicing islam want power and control of the people. They hate Americans, the Constitution, and the USA. They are enemies and traitors. Their agendas do not allow the Constitution to exist. There is no place in the Constitution or the USA for sharia law. They believe in the normalization of unethical and immoral behavior. They should not be allowed in our government any where. Islam is a cult, a way of life, it requires you convert to islam or die. No other options exist for the faithful. We do not need any one in the government who is not supporting Americans.
What about the first amendment? You are getting on dangerous ground. The Supreme Court decisions removing religion from government entities including schools was a wonderful thing. Christian history is just as bad or worse than Islam is today. Any religion given civil and political power leads to disaster. Always has.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by d500lnn
I just mind my own business. I won’t judge you. Don’t you judge me. The end.

From Bro. Cody

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Should Christians respect other religions?

This isn't a question as to whether or not believers should have compassion on the lost. It's a question about the various religions that are contrary to the God of the Bible.

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/JNUNjFnaxg4[/video]

Well what did Jesus say and do about them?

He was kind to the Samaritan woman, despite their religious differences.

I have an idea 💡 let's act as he did.

He also told us to love one another as we would be loved. How do you want others to treat you and your religion?

We are told not to be idolators, but He did not waste time "disrespecting" them so why would you?

And that is a common theme in this thread, what is underlying your inquiry?

I suspect you are looking for heavenly permission to be a self-rigjteous jerk. Lots of Christians have done so, you will not be the first by a long shot.

Every person you dissuade from Christianity is a disservice to our Lord.

Unlike the TV preachers of mega churches that I get accused of being, I'm Not in a popularity contest.
I get absolutely No donations or money from any source here. What I offered has been given freely. It is by heavenly permission and by command. Some don't like it, but that's their call........and yours.

The gospel of John will be a good place to start reading the Bible.
Here's a section that you made a passing comment about.

John chapter 4

"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

You might not think He was being very polite, perhaps even rude to tell that Samaritan woman that she did Not know God.

"Ye worship ye know not what."

Did Jesus respect her religion that was sending her and her people to Hell?
What did Jesus say that God requires?

"they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

He could have been like the liberal pastors and their followers like this forum is full of in large part. Certainly many of the vocal ones. They don't like the exclusive nature of God, His Word and His Only Way of escaping the fire they are condemned to. It might seem heartless of me, but I make that way clear as can be. It's too important than to be wrong on this point.

Jesus is THE Truth Who is exclusive of all other false christs. The Moonies got mad at me because they teach that Jesus, Buddha, Moses, SunYung Moon, and half a dozen others are reincarnated equals.
The Hindus, however worship all kinds of demons that teach them that damnable heresy. Demons want humanity in that place prepared for them. Buddhists worship devils. I have no respect for devil's or their religions.
I CARE enough to tell Hindus and you that that is a lie.
Jesus condemned idolaters over and over and over again.
Read the Bible just once from cover to cover and you might understand that Truth and believe on Him.

He showed kindness to the woman in spite of religious differences mostly by telling her that she did Not know God and that He Himself was the promised Messiah. He did Not compliment her religion did He?
Did you know that God actually killed idolators?

He proved that He was the Messiah Who was prophesied by bringing up her shameful past and present.
Who could know that she was married 5 times, point that out to her and her sin of adultery at the present moment but God Himself?
You may think that rude of God and disrespectful, but only God in the flesh could have known those details of her life.

"Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

She was ALREADY CONDEMNED. She was ONLY SAVED BY BELIEVING EXCLUSIVELY ON JESUS THE MESSIAH/CHRIST.

That is what you must do as well plumbum.

You say that I am self righteous, but you are absolutely wrong. There is NONE righteous, No Not one.
Righteousness is given in exchange for our wicked sins by Jesus' torturous death. He was buried and three days later He took His life back.
The gift of eternal life is offered but YOU must decide if you want it or not.
Watch the links in my signature for the free gift.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 05/14/22.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

This isn't a question as to whether or not believers should have compassion on the lost. It's a question about the various religions that are contrary to the God of the Bible.

He also told us to love one another as we would be loved. How do you want others to treat you and your religion?

We are told not to be idolators, but He did not waste time "disrespecting" them so why would you?

I suspect you are looking for heavenly permission to be a self-rigjteous jerk. Lots of Christians have done so, you will not be the first by a long shot.

Unlike the TV preachers of mega churches that I get accused of being, I'm Not in a popularity contest.
I get absolutely No donations or money from any source here. What I offered has been given freely. It is by heavenly permission and by command. Some don't like it, but that's their call........and yours.

John chapter 4

"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

You might not think He was being very polite, perhaps even rude to tell that Samaritan woman that she did Not know God.

He could have been like the liberal pastors and their followers like this forum is full of in large part. Certainly many of the vocal ones. They don't like the exclusive nature of God, His Word and His Only Way of escaping the fire they are condemned to. It might seem heartless of me, but I make that way clear as can be. It's too important than to be wrong on this point.

Jesus is THE Truth Who is exclusive of all other false christs. The Moonies got mad at me because they teach that Jesus, Buddha, Moses, SunYung Moon, and half a dozen others are reincarnated equals.
The Hindus, however worship all kinds of demons that teach them that damnable heresy. Demons want humanity in that place prepared for them. Buddhists worship devils. I have no respect for devil's or their religions.
Read the Bible just once from cover to cover and you might understand that Truth and believe on Him.

He showed kindness to the woman in spite of religious differences mostly by telling her that she did Not know God and that He Himself was the promised Messiah. He did Not compliment her religion did He?

He proved that He was the Messiah Who was prophesied by bringing up her shameful past and present.
Who could know that she was married 5 times, point that out to her and her sin of adultery at the present moment but God Himself?
You may think that rude of God and disrespectful, but only God in the flesh could have known those details of her life.

17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband:

18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

She was ALREADY CONDEMNED. She was ONLY SAVED BY BELIEVING EXCLUSIVELY ON JESUS THE MESSIAH/CHRIST.

You say that I am self righteous, but you are absolutely wrong. There is NONE righteous, No Not one.
Righteousness is given in exchange for our wicked sins by Jesus' torturous death. He was buried and three days later He took His life back.

Whatever, Fred Phelps.

Last edited by plumbum; 05/14/22.
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
John Chau wanted to give the good word to the natives of North Sentinel island, but their response was a firm no thanks.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

John chapter 4

"...He that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."
John 3:36

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My belief is that Christians should let everyone make up their own minds, Just as God gave us free will. He could just as easily made us to where we did not have a choice, but did not. Not saying they should not point the way to others, but don't be obnoxious about it. It should work the same way with non Christians and their tolerance with Christians. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The United States Constitution says they should.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
My belief is that Christians should let everyone make up their own minds, Just as God gave us free will. He could just as easily made us to where we did not have a choice, but did not. Not saying they should not point the way to others, but don't be obnoxious about it. It should work the same way with non Christians and their tolerance with Christians. miles
Yes - what can be gained - ever - by trying to denigrate, condemn or interfere with the religious beliefs/practices of one who worships outside Christianity. It is one thing to explain and defend one's beliefs in discussion - it is something else to attack/condemn another one. If a "religious" outfit is harming people or breaking laws, it is a matter for LE.

I need to do my best to exemplify Christian life, and that always needs improvement. If a person shows positive curiosity and/or asks about the way I live and worship, I am willing to respond and explore.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
HC

If someone called the number to the church where Bill Stallings is a pastor would we be able to talk to you on the tele?

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The decent thing is to be respectful of everyone. The bible says to love your enemies. So yes you should be respectful of people you don't agree with.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
The decent thing is to be respectful of everyone. The bible says to love your enemies. So yes you should be respectful of people you don't agree with.

Bullsheit, I'm tired of people turning the other cheek and not offending anyone. What our enemies need is for someone to slap the fuqk out of em.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by IZH27
HC

If someone called the number to the church where Bill Stallings is a pastor would we be able to talk to you on the tele?

What's the number? Today is Sunday, surely somebody would be there. 😁

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No not if you believe the scripture. You cannot worship the Lord and Ball at the same time.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rainshot
No not if you believe the scripture. You cannot worship the Lord and Ball at the same time.
True. That fact offends a surprising number of people.
But I shouldn't be surprised considering the constant back and forth of the nation of Israel worshipping the devil until judgement hit them hard. Then God would raise up a deliverer to Judge and lead the nation when they finally suffered enough.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by IZH27
HC

What's the number? Today is Sunday, surely somebody would be there. 😁
803-377-7149

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
123 members (257 mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.