Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by SKane
A+ for sticktoitiveness.

This photo is calendar worthy. Well done.
[Linked Image from i.vgy.me]

What a shot !!!!! Totally needs to be entered in some contest !!!

Great story and a great ending with a SOLID bird !!! CONGRATS !!!!!!

What vicinity of S.E. West Virginia ?? Used to do a TON of hunting in Greenbier County.
Love that Comp-N-Choke tube, too !!! Chuck's XXX-Full tubes are just pure BAD with the right shell !!!

Thanks for the kind words.
I live in Hinton, which is in Summers county. We boarder Greenbrier County. I was hunting on my grandmother's old homeplace just across the line in Monroe County on War Ridge.

What part of Greenbrier did you use to hunt ? My dad used to have a camp about 15 miles north of White Sulphur Springs on 92.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 84Mtn_EER
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
There's a nice looking Baikal IZH 94 combination gun that is a 12 ga top barrel, and 223 rem bottom, for sale on Gunbroker. High bid last time I looked was $250. Its an interesting gun. I think I'll put in some bids. What choke system does it use?

It uses the Tru Choke thread system. It's a thin wall choke tube. Carlson, Tru Lock, COMP n Choke, and Colonial chokes all make tubes with that thread pattern. I believe that pattern master and also Rhino make tubes to fit.

Listen, Do yourself a favor and try to win that gun, you'll love it and find lots of uses for it.

Thank for the info. I'm going to give it a whirl. I can't go too high, I blew the gun budget last month on another over/under.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 84Mtn_EER
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Originally Posted by SKane
A+ for sticktoitiveness.

This photo is calendar worthy. Well done.
[Linked Image from i.vgy.me]

What a shot !!!!! Totally needs to be entered in some contest !!!

Great story and a great ending with a SOLID bird !!! CONGRATS !!!!!!

What vicinity of S.E. West Virginia ?? Used to do a TON of hunting in Greenbier County.
Love that Comp-N-Choke tube, too !!! Chuck's XXX-Full tubes are just pure BAD with the right shell !!!

Thanks for the kind words.
I live in Hinton, which is in Summers county. We boarder Greenbrier County. I was hunting on my grandmother's old homeplace just across the line in Monroe County on War Ridge.

What part of Greenbrier did you use to hunt ? My dad used to have a camp about 15 miles north of White Sulphur Springs on 92.

Stayed in Rainelle.

Hunted up north of Rupert on Little Clear Creek, mostly.

I guess that country doesn't even resemble what it used to. Clearcuts....windmills.....all leased up by clubs, etc. Darned shame. Back then I paid $5 to Miss Gaye at the Westvaco office in Rupert for a 2 year permit.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Nice turkey cool you got to hunt on your Grandmas old place.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
YoderbOy its funny how you can remember Miss Gaye at the Westvaco office but you can't recall who paid you in the choke tube and turkey hunting industry for over two decades.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,765 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.