Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anybody get lucky this year? I can't find any results, but I'm not holding my breath about my chances. Been putting in for a tag since the draw first started, and have yet to draw one.

BP-B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Anybody get lucky this year? I can't find any results, but I'm not holding my breath about my chances. Been putting in for a tag since the draw first started, and have yet to draw one.

same story here. I gave up a few years ago.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
When I found out how crooked and corrupt the Elk draw is, I quit pissing away money on it.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
When I found out how crooked and corrupt the Elk draw is, I quit pissing away money on it.

I have been tempted to do so, and probably should. But, I keep thinking that some day the odds will be on my side. However, there is no doubt that KDFWR is a crooked azz bunch, and caters to the people that give it the best publicity.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Can you elaborate on this because apparently I've been pissing away my $ since 2012.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I know of a local family who has members who have been drawn multiple times. The wife, the kids, etc. Amazing to know the patriarch was a commissioner. Fish and Wildlife holds tags for favors, raffles them and then keep up with the big "draw" every year.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Its pretty funny how a lot of these "hunting shows" tend to draw Kentucky tags and most if not all of the "Hunters" are from out of state.

Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
Similar schitt happens here in Michigan with our elk draw.

My buddy was a salesman for Hewlett Packard for years. They got the bid for the DNR hunting and fishing license machines. After it was all done the DNR asked him if he wanted to be drawn for an elk tag. Dumfuk said he had no interest in killing an elk.

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I know of a local family who has members who have been drawn multiple times. The wife, the kids, etc. Amazing to know the patriarch was a commissioner. Fish and Wildlife holds tags for favors, raffles them and then keep up with the big "draw" every year.

This is the state where members of the legislature mysteriously get UK basketball tickets for free. Comes as no surprise that the elk draw may just be a teensy bit corrupt.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
That's why I won't run for the legislature. I'd rather have a fever blister than have to go to a UK basketball game.

IC B3

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's why I won't run for the legislature. I'd rather have a fever blister than have to go to a UK basketball game.

I got student tickets over 50 years ago. Saw Rupp and Issel. IMO, current day UK basketball doesn't compare to that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have put in a few times but also felt it was a fishy draw. Same for moose tags in New Hampshire. Seems a few guido sounding families seem to get Lucky every year with several families members drawing tags in several zones and seasons. You would come out cheaper to go poach one. If you got caught the fines would be less then paying for twenty years of lost money waiting to draw.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 348winchester
I have put in a few times but also felt it was a fishy draw. Same for moose tags in New Hampshire. Seems a few guido sounding families seem to get Lucky every year with several families members drawing tags in several zones and seasons. You would come out cheaper to go poach one. If you got caught the fines would be less then paying for twenty years of lost money waiting to draw.

You don't get to keep the meat or antlers if caught poaching.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not selected. I guess I went about it the wrong way, should have told them I had a hunting show.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Not selected. I guess I went about it the wrong way, should have told them I had a hunting show.

Should have filled out your application using Jackie Bushman as the name and an Alabama address, you would have drawn. grin

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I know of a local fellow in his 20’s who drew 2 yrs ago….went with an outfitter and killed a nice bull. Just a regular guy who applied.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gbear
I know of a local fellow in his 20’s who drew 2 yrs ago….went with an outfitter and killed a nice bull. Just a regular guy who applied.

Quite a bit more of that would happen if they ran the draw fairly.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I didn’t draw either. I’ve wasted $10 on less…

Last edited by eric1186; 05/17/22.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by eric1186

Same boat here. I am glad to know the elk are in Kentucky and expanding.

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eric1186

Me too. I don't buy lottery tickets, and a chance to kill an elk in state is worth taking a chance on. I just wish the draw was run a little bit better though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
729 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 75 invisible), 2,714 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.