S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by saddlesore
What ever you decide, make sure it has three blades, not two

Why?

In taller grass, you will end up with a strip down the center.Two rotary blades don't overlap enough to cut it all.That third blade in the middle does

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Great info , today I need a snowplow instead lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Depends on HOW hilly and uneven.

I have a John Deere X530 with 54" cut and it's good. It has a differential lock which is pretty effective on uneven terrain. But it's not even in the same league or universe as my Kubota BX1850. The Deere is a big lawnmower. The Kubota is a little tractor. The Deere mows grass well. But that's about the limit of its usefulness. The Kubota will do stuff you seriously cannot believe a little tractor could do. If you move snow...........a front loader and 5' rear blade on the Kubota moves a lot of snow in a little bit of time. There's a pretty substantial price difference between the two. But it's literally green apples and oranges.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
We have two zero turn mowers. I don't know how important your time is to you; but a zero turn is probably twice as fast as a traditional mower in actual use once you get used to them. There is a reason that all the commercial mowers / landscapers I know of use zero turns.

One of ours is an exmark https://www.exmark.com/ it has been a good mower. We bought it upon recommendation of a friend who owned a mowing company. At that time, they used exmarks; but since switched to Kubota. One of my brothers mows a lot of stuff with his exmark that would give many pause and he's had great luck with it.

One of my sisters has a Husqvarna and it has been a good mower too. Another friend that did commercial mowing has both exmark and cub cadet. He liked them both.

Our other mower is an altoz
https://altoz.com/tracked-zero-turn-mowers
It is pretty amazing. We bought it to mow in some places we really couldn't with any other and it does it really well. It is fairly expensive to buy though and probably isn't needed by most.

If I were in your situation, I'd probably check what the commercial mowers are running locally and where they're buying their mowers. Then I'd explain my needs and budget to one of them to get their recommendation and to the local mower sales person.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I’m enjoying my Cub Cadet RZT, zero turn ability with a steering wheel which controls the front tires so you can go some hilly mowing, unlike the others with bar steering. Several newer offerings now from Cub Cadet.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have a simplicity too. Pretty good machine.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 44automag, 5sdad, 10 invisible), 2,134 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,388
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.