Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
School me on the money part, how often, how much?

I had construction laborers doing it, I never asked.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My youngest daughter is a control freak, always looking to find a way to get someone to do something for her so she does not have to...told her husband the day they got married when he asked me for any advice, I said since he could not be talked out of it, he had best get in charge of his house quick...

Fast forward about 8 years, we were in Atlanta at a volleyball tournament for her firstborn, had her 6 year old son with this man in the car going to some new movie to keep him occupied (kid is really smart and observant, kind of quite and shy) and not just sitting in a hotel room 20 hours a day. We pass the Plasma Center and he pipes up and says that is where Dad goes once a month...guy is a English teacher, and football and tennis coach, drives a school bus and selling plasma, I would toss her azz out on the street, what some people put up with.

Returning to the question I have no idea, I donated blood for them to strip antibodies out of last year a couple of times as I had a lot of them and no jab. Blood Center was begging for them. Got no idea how lucrative it is. Helpful as usual my wife would say...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy at work does it at least twice a week.
Here is the May pay scale. It changes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Plus they let you spin a wheel and every spin wins a prize!🤗
No crap. Says a lot about the donors.
He has confirmed that most donors are what my preconceived images
were. 8-balls, druggie looking.....

Honestly I couldn't be bothered.
Drive 1/2 hour each way,
1-2 hours there, up to 1 hour while they pump your blood through a
machine and back into your body.

Two hours of my time, 70 miles on the car,
the whole blood thing(not squeamish, but still)
Twice, for $80?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks, that is excellent info

I just always wondered.

Oh, and NFW am I doing that. If anything, I need all that I have. I can’t spare any. ☠️🙀

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wait

What? What type of prizes ?? 😁

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My buddies and I sold plasma a few times while in college for beer and weed money. At that time in the mid 90’s I think we got $25 for the first and $40 for the second. Being able to get drunk on less beer immediately after donating was a fringe benefit.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
My buddies and I sold plasma a few times while in college for beer and weed money. At that time in the mid 90’s I think we got $25 for the first and $40 for the second. Being able to get drunk on less beer immediately after donating was a fringe benefit.

Dude!!

That’s like drinking while on Gabapentin. A sixer does the work of a 12ver

🤣

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

Dude!!

That’s like drinking while on Gabapentin. A sixer does the work of a 12ver

🤣
Back then all men had to sign something saying that they had “never had sex with another man even once.” LOL obviously due to AIDS threats but I wonder if they’re still allowed to ask that or turn away gays.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Have you ever been to a Turkish prison? grin

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
or do you like gladiator movies?

1Minute
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What about bile? Is their a market for bile?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
You gotta wanna....

I did it back when my kids were in school. Bought a Kimber 84C in .223 that I wanted REAL bad. Shot a lot of coyotes with that rifle.....

The Kaiser- "If it ain't broke, I can fix that!"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
by golly

I never thought about paying off my Lay-A-Ways at Wah-Marts with plasma

great idea

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Closest I came was in Albuquerque, January of 1980, when I was traveling around NM doing day labor and living out of my car.

Decided I’d give it away, never got paid for it.

After getting back from Africa I was in a couple of check the box on the questionnaire categories o couldn’t anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger

Lol. I did as well while living in FL going to school. No way I’d do it again. [bleep] is weird.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Closest I came was in Albuquerque, January of 1980, when I was traveling around NM doing day labor and living out of my car.

Decided I’d give it away, never got paid for it.

After getting back from Africa I was in a couple of check the box on the questionnaire categories o couldn’t anyway.
Ya know, i’d donate anyway, If I needed money and was sleeping my car. Darn right.

If in 35 years, someone hasnt come down with mad cow or other viral eruptions then people are using that as a crutch and being a chicken shît. They can screen blood for lots of things now. Hell they can even separate white and red blood cells in these products. Donate, sell it, let science figure it out.

Here’s what I dont get, if you have someone that needs blood or tissue or a solid organ NOW for life saving interventions, and they worry about someone in their 40-50s developing mad cow in another 35 years and deny it. And who says for sure if the donor even has anything latent anyway. Fractional percentage risks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wife and I did it in the 80's when we got married for some weekend drinking and party money it was like 20-25 dollars each. Probably more these days.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I did back in the early 1980’s as I was a starving college student.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I went to sell my blood once when I was 18, because some of my loser friends would sell their blood to get
some money for booze or drugs. So I went to United Blood Services to sell my blood and they schooled me
on the greater need to 'Donate' - which I did and continued to do so for several decades.

Then, after several heart attacks and what not - They couldn't accept my blood anymore.

One time, when the Blood Bus stopped at my place of employment - We'd go out in small shifts - I took my turn
donating and returned to my work station, sat down, and was working with my hands on a high speed finishing motor
and felt some spreading wetness sensation - I looked down and my whole arm was covered with flowing red rivulets!

Shocking, but I knew immediately what it was and although messy - No danger. I decided to return to the bus for the
shock value. As I entered I saw shocked faces on my co-workers and even the nurse staff. But the nurses knew exactly
what had happened and could remedy it - and clean me up.

As one nurse arose and approached me, she asked, "Can you stand the sight of blood?"
Then I heard the voice of another nurse yell- "Catch Him! He's going down!"

I soon awoke, disoriented, legs spread out, sitting on the floor - with my head
cradled between the soft boobs of a soothing, cooing, young nurse.

I thought I died and went to heaven.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Interesting topic. If you donate blood for free does the hospital or blood bank charge a patient if they receive blood?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,506
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.