Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I shot at a range the past two days where you shoot from inside. If you want to change your target and none of the other shooters has their RSO course, everyone has to leave the building. It is locked and the guy going down range carries the key.

None of these things - the cedar wall, locked range bldg - come from the CFO's office. These are local determinations from the various boards. We can be our own worst enemy.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We use lights, a RSO or some one will go up and down the line to arrange a cease fire. I let my RSO lapse . It's usually pretty friendly , so it's not too much of an issue . But when busy, they do it on the hour.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well, my 100 range at the Ranch the bench is 25 yards from my handloading setup.
It is on hold right now due to a mother Canada goose nesting behind the target rack.I put a high burm around the rack and she found a flat spot to nest.
Our local range has a few benches and distances up to 350 yards. It is unsupervised.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
You are lucky that no one has decided to enact rules “for your own good”.

The idea of letting ranges police themselves is a win/win for the CFO. They still inspect and make recommendations to politicians, so their authority remains. They have unpaid help to enforce tighter recommendations than are presently in their rule book.

Four or five years ago, we had a gate installed that blocks the only way forward to the targets. When you open it, a light flashes and a chime goes off.

Just when you think it can’t get sillier…

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Hey pinhead, do you hunt Or do you just troll?

You consider a troll worse than a communist?

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

This is the Twin City range just forward of the line. On this range, we had two green and one red flags. One for the line and another, that you would carry downrange about 15 or 20 yd forward and then put in the ground. There was a flag holder forward that other shooters could see. If you read the sign, it is a reminder to carry the flag forward.

Just when you think it can’t get sillier…

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have to say that, with some exceptions, service ranges are run better than many of the facilities around the country. Having your local board make up the rules isn't always the best solution, as you can see from the other posts. The thought that we could police our own ranges was a good idea in theory, made difficult in practice by some club boards. The alternative however, is probably worse. Direct control by your provincial CFO.

Some pix.

The Ross Rifle was replaced in 1916, as Canada's principle battle rifle, but we continued to use them in training, sniping and other applications. This was in the days when range rules were minimal.

[Linked Image from cdn2.picryl.com]

Until a few years ago, members of the Cdn Forces still got to try out the No 4 rifle. This was a range day from 2018. They probably get to shoot the Ranger Tikkas occasionally now. Some nostalgia.

This too, was a familiar sight. Just before the Tikka was issued, a Ranger shows off his skills with the No 4. Putting the C7 user in his place. smile If you look closely, you can see the Ranger is carrying a couple of spare (probably loaded) magazines.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (12344mag, 21, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 3,346 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.