Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Y
yakalot Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Good Day Folks,

Does anyone know if and where TheKid is smithing? He used to be what I would call the most competent and friendly smith in our state until he moved to the Lower 48, I believe. Being a new member, I am not able to DM him, so I’m hoping he’s still in the same line of work, and someone knows where. Reading his posts, I’m pretty sure he is the one I’m trying to find. Thanks!

If I have the user mixed up with someone else, then my apologies.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
He’s still here on the forum - he posts a bit but I don’t believe he is still doing any smith work. He is no longer in AK and we are the worse for it. I suspect he will chime in when he sees this.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’m the guy. And I did indeed relocate to the L48 a few years ago. Unfortunately life got in the way and I had to get a real job with insurance and all that stuff. So I now work in a power plant on a maintenance crew.
I thought briefly about doing some gun work on the side but quickly dropped the idea when I :1 saw what the cost was after the ITAR shakedown, and :2 realized that my only son is only going to grow up once and I should spend every available minute taking him hunting and fishing before I become uncool when he hits his teenage years.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Wise decision! You are always welcome to come up here and play!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I thought the ITAR issue was resolved. Tell us more about it and where it's at now if you would, please.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

Y
yakalot Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
Hey, thanks for getting back directly to me on this. We in Alaska are poorer for you leaving, but man do I have the utmost respect for your decisions. You were the only real customer service in that shop, and the only ‘smith that I would trust in the whole state. I was hoping you might have opened shop somewhere. Many best times to you and your son, and have a great weekend Mister S!

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kwg020
I thought the ITAR issue was resolved. Tell us more about it and where it's at now if you would, please.

kwg

+1

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by yakalot
Hey, thanks for getting back directly to me on this. We in Alaska are poorer for you leaving, but man do I have the utmost respect for your decisions. You were the only real customer service in that shop, and the only ‘smith that I would trust in the whole state. I was hoping you might have opened shop somewhere. Many best times to you and your son, and have a great weekend Mister S!
It is amazing the shop stays in business.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,098
Posts18,464,148
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.