Originally Posted by kingston
India banned wheat exports today.

And I cashed in

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
How's the drought out west going to help wheat American farmers growing wheat for Ukraine? lol So Americans get no US wheat now because Ukraine needs wheat?

I posted earlier I was talking to a farmer who typically plants 20 to 30 k acres of wheat in North Montana. Because of the drought and fertilizer prices he will put no wheat crop in this year. look at the weather now in the mid west. How has the planting season been going with the freezing weather and heavy rain? Can you plant corn, soy beans if the soil temp is in the low 40's?

How are food and fuel prices ( if you can get it) prices now in NATO countries?

Been buying wheat and corn etf's the past 4 months. Not bad returns

Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by hosfly
If the Ukrainians want to keep killing Russian soldiers and destroying frontline Russian combat equipment, I want to keep sending them arms and ammo. Every dead Russian and destroyed tank, helicopter, and IFV is one less that NATO may eventually have to face.

If the rest of the civilized World bans exports to and import from Russia and bans Russian flagged and owned ships from docking, the Russian people are going to feel the pain sooner or later. Ukraine exported a lot of wheat and with the war going on, Ukrainian farmers might not even put in a crop this year, so whatever countries they exported to are going to need an alternative source, like from the U.S. and Canada. Russia is the 3rd largest wheat producer, but what will they do if they can't export it. I wonder if they ever considered that their invasion of Ukraine might drive Finland and Sweden into the arms of NATO?
You dumbass The ONLY nation UK is destroying is the US,,
I’d recon that if they can’t import that wheat over something that is none of our business that it will be similar to oil prices. The price will go up in addition to the inflation for the next $40 billion that we borrow from China to send to Ukraine.

As far as US farmers there’s a finite amount of ag land. For every acre that they put into wheat it’s one less acre that will be put into corn ect. It’s not going to be a net gain for the average American.

Do you really believe that increased oil, and wheat good prices in addition to $40 more billion to Ukraine is the best post possible use of US dollars?

I doubt that many farmers are going to convert corn and soybean fields into wheat fields, at least those farmers located north of I-70. Wheat is a dryland crop, while corn does better as an irrigated crop.

I believe that oil prices are higher because the Biden Administration is militantly opposed to fossil fuels, coal and oil, and favors a rapid, unrealistic, conversion to eco-friendly renewable fuels. The U.S. went from being an exporter of oil to an importer because of political policy changes, not because of a shortage of crude oil. Presumably a Republican administration would reverse the Biden policies that go full speed ahead on drilling and refining oil for domestic and export consumption. The U.S. needs to take up the slack in LNG and oil for Europe, so that they can stop buying the same from Russia. As long as they need fuel from Russia, they are in a position of weakness.

Last edited by ribka; 05/16/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the Ukrainians want to keep killing Russian soldiers and destroying frontline Russian combat equipment, I want to keep sending them arms and ammo. Every dead Russian and destroyed tank, helicopter, and IFV is one less that NATO may eventually have to face.

If the rest of the civilized World bans exports to and import from Russia and bans Russian flagged and owned ships from docking, the Russian people are going to feel the pain sooner or later. Ukraine exported a lot of wheat and with the war going on, Ukrainian farmers might not even put in a crop this year, so whatever countries they exported to are going to need an alternative source, like from the U.S. and Canada. Russia is the 3rd largest wheat producer, but what will they do if they can't export it. I wonder if they ever considered that their invasion of Ukraine might drive Finland and Sweden into the arms of NATO?
I’d recon that if they can’t import that wheat over something that is none of our business that it will be similar to oil prices. The price will go up in addition to the inflation for the next $40 billion that we borrow from China to send to Ukraine.

As far as US farmers there’s a finite amount of ag land. For every acre that they put into wheat it’s one less acre that will be put into corn ect. It’s not going to be a net gain for the average American.

Do you really believe that increased oil, and wheat good prices in addition to $40 more billion to Ukraine is the best post possible use of US dollars?

I doubt that many farmers are going to convert corn and soybean fields into wheat fields, at least those farmers located north of I-70. Wheat is a dryland crop, while corn does better as an irrigated crop.

I believe that oil prices are higher because the Biden Administration is militantly opposed to fossil fuels, coal and oil, and favors a rapid, unrealistic, conversion to eco-friendly renewable fuels. The U.S. went from being an exporter of oil to an importer because of political policy changes, not because of a shortage of crude oil. Presumably a Republican administration would reverse the Biden policies that go full speed ahead on drilling and refining oil for domestic and export consumption. The U.S. needs to take up the slack in LNG and oil for Europe, so that they can stop buying the same from Russia. As long as they need fuel from Russia, they are in a position of weakness.
I think you’re a good guy based on previous post so we’ll probably agree to disagree. I agree 100% that wheat land is typically not good corn or bean land. That was my intent with my original post, that claiming farmers will switch from one crop to another is BS and even if they do it will effect the price of other commodities.

Biden’s oil policies jacked up the price of oil big time but so did his and RINO supported bans on Russian oil. China is the net benefiter.

Whether we agree or disagree is irrelevant to me. I believe what I believe and don't care what other folks believe. This is a free country, so we're all free to believe what we choose to believe. I don't care if others agree with me or not, 'cause I'm not trying to convince anyone to change what they believe.

I don't think that NATO members should buy from or sell to Russia, zero trade. Isolating Russia from European and North American goods and technology will weaken Russia. Russia is our enemy and has been for over 100 years, whether we called them Russia or the USSR.

Right now Russian flagged or affiliated aircraft can't overfly NATO member nations, nor can their ships dock in NATO member nation ports. You can't do much foreign trade if you can't land or dock in many countries. When Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are NATO member nations they will be able to close the Baltic Sea. Turkey is a NATO member and can close the Black Sea. Closing access to the Baltic and the Black Seas would eliminate ocean going access to Russia's warm water ports. Wheat is a commodity and nobody can afford to ship commodities by any means other than ship. If Europe doesn't buy Russian oil and natural gas, who will? And, if Russia does find new markets for their natural gas and oil, how are they going to ship it without unhindered ocean access?

China and India both produce more wheat than Russia does, so do they need to buy wheat from Russia?

I think that the U.S. needs to ramp up oil production so that we are 100% self-sufficient and can provide NATO members with oil that they are currently buying from Russia. If we were self-sufficient and the primary provider to Europe, Russia and the Middle Eastern would be hurt economically and politically.

Or so it seems to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ribka
How's the drought out west going to help wheat American farmers growing wheat for Ukraine? lol So Americans get no US wheat now because Ukraine needs wheat?

I posted earlier I was talking to a farmer who typically plants 20 to 30 k acres of wheat in North Montana. Because of the drought and fertilizer prices he will put no wheat crop in this year. look at the weather now in the mid west. How has the planting season been going with the freezing weather and heavy rain? Can you plant corn, soy beans if the soil temp is in the low 40's?

How are food and fuel prices ( if you can get it) prices now in NATO countries?

Been buying wheat and corn etf's the past 4 months. Not bad returns

Where did I ever say that the U.S. was going to sell or give wheat to Ukraine?

Wheat is a bulk commodity and even if the U.S. had surplus wheat to sell or give to Ukraine, there aren't any Ukrainian ports to ship it to.

The people who rent our farms tell me that fertilizer prices are higher, but they haven't asked for a reduction in their contracts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I see the US dollar just fell below 71 roubles

what's your take on this high iq guy?

Why was Zelenskiy given UK citizenship if Ukraine is winning the war according to nato and the us ?

Why did the pentagon just call Russians defense minister and beg for a ceasefire if Ukraine has already defeated Russia?

How much is the failed actor Zelenskiy worth now?

Use your self described 127 iq to decipher sky rocketing food and fuel prices , in addition to general inflation, in Europe and the US since the war has begun

Am sure your super high IQ can figure this out lol

Last edited by ribka; 05/16/22.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
How many months does it take to "ramp up" oil production and gas oil refineries in the US 127 IQ genius?

What's going on with sky rocketing diesel prices now on the east coast? All affect the availability of food and fuel now in the US. Will there food and fuel shortages now in the US because of our support of the corrupt Ukraine? think hard now

Do you even possess a 6th grade level of economics, global supply chain issues, global economics and production despite your 127 IQ? lol

How the hell will farmers plant crops if soil temps are in the 40's?

your geography degree sure paid of lol

I think you’re a good guy based on previous post so we’ll probably agree to disagree. I agree 100% that wheat land is typically not good corn or bean land. That was my intent with my original post, that claiming farmers will switch from one crop to another is BS and even if they do it will effect the price of other commodities.

Biden’s oil policies jacked up the price of oil big time but so did his and RINO supported bans on Russian oil. China is the net benefiter.

Whether we agree or disagree is irrelevant to me. I believe what I believe and don't care what other folks believe. This is a free country, so we're all free to believe what we choose to believe. I don't care if others agree with me or not, 'cause I'm not trying to convince anyone to change what they believe.

I don't think that NATO members should buy from or sell to Russia, zero trade. Isolating Russia from European and North American goods and technology will weaken Russia. Russia is our enemy and has been for over 100 years, whether we called them Russia or the USSR.

Right now Russian flagged or affiliated aircraft can't overfly NATO member nations, nor can their ships dock in NATO member nation ports. You can't do much foreign trade if you can't land or dock in many countries. When Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are NATO member nations they will be able to close the Baltic Sea. Turkey is a NATO member and can close the Black Sea. Closing access to the Baltic and the Black Seas would eliminate ocean going access to Russia's warm water ports. Wheat is a commodity and nobody can afford to ship commodities by any means other than ship. If Europe doesn't buy Russian oil and natural gas, who will? And, if Russia does find new markets for their natural gas and oil, how are they going to ship it without unhindered ocean access?

China and India both produce more wheat than Russia does, so do they need to buy wheat from Russia?

I think that the U.S. needs to ramp up oil production so that we are 100% self-sufficient and can provide NATO members with oil that they are currently buying from Russia. If we were self-sufficient and the primary provider to Europe, Russia and the Middle Eastern would be hurt economically and politically.

Or so it seems to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
India is buying lots of discounted oil from Russia.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

If the rest of the civilized World bans exports to and import from Russia and bans Russian flagged and owned ships from docking, the Russian people are going to feel the pain sooner or later. Ukraine exported a lot of wheat and with the war going on, Ukrainian farmers might not even put in a crop this year, so whatever countries they exported to are going to need an alternative source, like from the U.S. and Canada. Russia is the 3rd largest wheat producer, but what will they do if they can't export it.

I wonder if they ever considered that their invasion of Ukraine might drive Finland and Sweden into the arms of NATO?

[Linked Image from cdn.prod.www.spiegel.de]

Means: Our small thank you for the mediation of a new member - Your NATO marketing team

Elmer Keith
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by moosemike
What you apparently don't understand about War is it tends to go back and forth 😉

What you don't understand is that your source of "news" isn't news.

This is a polite way of saying you're a dumb fugk.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
260RemNotaGuy continues to be as clueless as the potato head he voted for.

Total POS.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
What happened to John Burns? Have not seen his posts about Ukraine lately. I didn't agree with him, but I respected his opinion. Did he go over there to fight?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I thought God was on their side. Sarcasm, for those that don’t recognize it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The Senate is rounding up another vote for the 40 billion $ aid package today or tomorrow.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
From their own source :

Rubes

also note worthy :

You cant make this schitt up

.... like tears in the rain
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ribka
I see the US dollar just fell below 71 roubles

what's your take on this high iq guy?

Why was Zelenskiy given UK citizenship if Ukraine is winning the war according to nato and the us ?

Why did the pentagon just call Russians defense minister and beg for a ceasefire if Ukraine has already defeated Russia?

How much is the failed actor Zelenskiy worth now?

Use your self described 127 iq to decipher sky rocketing food and fuel prices , in addition to general inflation, in Europe and the US since the war has begun

Am sure your super high IQ can figure this out lol

Keep your eye on it as it looks like a downdraft is upon the Ruble. Russia had to ease their currency controls Monday. They’re about out of financial tricks.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
What happened to John Burns? Have not seen his posts about Ukraine lately. I didn't agree with him, but I respected his opinion. Did he go over there to fight?

Orcs got him.

Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
I don't understand your hatred for Russia. Your eagerness to sanction and blockade Russia would inevitably lead to war if successful. I actually believe Russia can count on China and India along with much of southeast Asia and the mid-east not participating in a boycott of Russia. Therefore our boycott and sanctions would as usual hurt us most of all.
Hastings, I still haven't heard, from the idiots on this board or from the professional diplomats in our government, what a victory over Russia in Ukraine would look like.
What is the end game? What would the World economy look like? What would the Russian economy look like? What would Russia look like politically?
And....
Most importantly....

What benefits would the USA reap?

None of them can say because they haven't thought that far ahead.

Politics is War by Other Means
Tyrone Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Keep your eye on it as it looks like a downdraft is upon the Ruble. Russia had to ease their currency controls Monday. They’re about out of financial tricks.
ROR!!! laugh laugh laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Here is a pretty good financial trick. WTI is about to hit $115 a barrel. Even if they sell at a pretty substantial discount, Russia is making out like a bandit. This war is the best thing to ever happen to their finances.

Joe Biden has the anti-Midas touch. Everything he touches turns to schit.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Houston_2
ROR!!! laugh laugh laugh

Recent drop to 65 Rubles/usd$.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 160user, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,025 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.