Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
These Taiwanese parishioners have something in common with the roof top Koreans from several years ago.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/lagun...uspect-until-police-arrived_4468502.html

California Church Congregants Hogtied Shooting Suspect Until Police Arrived
By Vanessa Serna May 15, 2022 Updated: May 15, 2022 biggersmaller Print
LAGUNA WOODS, Calif.—Taiwanese parishioners likely saved many after they hogtied a gunman who opened fire, killing one and injuring five, at an Orange County church on May 15, officials say.

“That group of churchgoers displayed what we believe is exceptional heroism, heroism and bravery in interfering, intervening to stop the suspect,” said Orange County Sheriff’s Department (OCSD) Undersheriff Jeff Hallock during a press conference outside of Geneva Presbyterian Church.

Churchgoers were enjoying lunch following their 11:30 a.m. Sunday service when an Asian male in his 60s opened fire.

Six people were hit, with one killed, four critically injured, and another with minor injuries. They were transported to three area hospitals.

Quickly, parishioners subdued the gunman and tied him with an extension cord while confiscating his two hand guns—potentially sparing the lives of about 40 more people.

According to OSCD, the five injured victims include a 66-year-old Asian male, 92-year-old Asian male, 82-year-old Asian male, 75-year-old Asian male, and an 86-year-old Asian female.

The name of the deceased will be released pending official identification by the coroner and notification of the next of kin.

“They undoubtedly prevented additional injuries and fatalities,” Hallock said while saying he does not believe the gunman is from the area.

Law enforcement arrived at the scene shortly after and utilized bomb canines to search for secondary devices on the property.

The weapons detained from the suspect were two handguns—both were not ghost guns, Hallock said.

A motive for the attack remains under investigation.

“This is a very dark day for Laguna Woods and Orange County, Orange County Supervisor Lisa Bartlett said.

Members of a trauma intervention program were also on scene attending to the members.

As of 6 p.m., the witnesses remained on the scene waiting to be interviewed by law enforcement.

Earlier in the day Sandra Chen, a daughter of two parents who were inside of the church during the shooting, arrived at the scene and waited behind the yellow police tape, attempting to get the attention of officers to make sure her mom had access to her medicine.

Chen’s father was sent to a local hospital to be treated for a gunshot wound to his foot.

Meanwhile, her mother remained inside the church after a bullet brushed against her shirt, barely missing her skin, Chen said.

Cynthia Conners, Laguna Woods Mayor Pro-Tem and member of the church, arrived at the scene in the late afternoon.

Conners, who has been a member of the church since 2016, said that the Tawainese group moved from Irvine about five years ago. She worries that the group may have been targeted.

Information about the identity of the victims and the suspect remains undisclosed.

The shooting follows a mass shooting in Buffalo, New York that left 10 dead in a supermarket on May 14.

Another shooting at a Texas flea market on Sunday also left two dead and three injured.

Please don't feed the trolls!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good on 'em!

Then, on the stupid statement front;
"both were not ghost guns, Hallock said." That will make the victim's family feel better.....

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Also indicates which way his ear has been turned .
Kenneth

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting how the media initially portrayed this shooting as another Asian hate crime.

Who needs facts to push a narrative.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They should have strangled him with the cord.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well he came to church, maybe they should have helped him with an express ticket to see Jesus

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did he hava buck teef and thwick gwasses?

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I hope this congregation grows.... "Let's roll" might be a good message to put out front.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I hope this congregation grows.... "Let's roll" might be a good message to put out front.

Not sure they could pronounce that.

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My guess this guy had great English language skills. He died a hero for sure.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This needs to happen more often, as in every time.

On the anniversary and memorial of the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, I said, "What a sick travesty. They should be celebrating a handful of heroes who saved many lives that day instead of mourning half a hundred dead victims."

I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather die attacking an armed whackadoo than be leisurely executed by same while cowering under a table.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan
This needs to happen more often, as in every time.

On the anniversary and memorial of the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando, I said, "What a sick travesty. They should be celebrating a handful of heroes who saved many lives that day instead of mourning half a hundred dead victims."

I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather die attacking an armed whackadoo than be leisurely executed by same while cowering under a table.
There is more money for special interest groups in dead victims than there is in live heroes…

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I put long nylon zip ties in our church.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
he man suspected of killing one congregant and wounding four others in a shooting Sunday at the Geneva Presbyterian Church in Orange County, California, was a naturalized Chinese immigrant who allegedly acted out of hatred for Taiwan, officials said.

Taiwan, an island officially known as the Republic of China, is a capitalist country to which nationalist Chinese fled from the mainland after Mao Zedong’s communists won a civil war in 1949. The People’s Republic of China claims Taiwan as its own.

The issue is a flashpoint in the western Pacific, and a sore spot for China, which resents Taiwan’s economic integration into the western world, its relative freedom, and its tentative military alliances with the U.S. and other geopolitical rivals.

The Orange County Register reported Monday:

The man accused of killing one and injuring four others with gunfire inside a Laguna Woods church on Sunday while a Taiwanese Presbyterian group was meeting was motivated by tensions between the People’s Republic of China and Taiwan, Orange County’s sheriff said.

David Wenwei Chou, a 68-year-old Las Vegas resident, lived in the United States for decades after immigrating here from China. He is a United States citizen, although his wife and a son do not live in the U.S.

Detectives found evidence that Chou “was upset about political tensions between China and Taiwan,” Sheriff Don Barnes said, including notes in Chou’s vehicle showing “his hatred of the Taiwanese people.”

Congregants apparently subdued the shooter by tying him up with an extension cord as they waited for police to arrive. On congregant, Dr. John Cheng, 52, of Laguna Niguel, was killed while shielding others, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The Taiwanese church shooting followed the mass shooting Saturday in Buffalo, in which a white supremacist attacked a grocery store in a black neighborhood and murdered ten people.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/202...taiwanese-hate-crime-shooting-at-church/

China sure can instill some long lasting hate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
China commie allowed to immigrate into the US, who the fug thought that was ok?

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by stevelyn
They should have strangled him with the cord.

They didn't have enough time because the cops got there too fast.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hogtied with an extension cord then the SOB jumped in the baptistery with the cord still plugged in……..would’ve made for a better story.

2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Sounds like he was hoping to kill them all.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
China is here, and they want to intimidate people from Taiwan, and dissidents from the mainland that speak out against the Commies in charge. The question is, how many "Commie agents" are here and how many are willing to attack? Is it 10, 100, 1000, 1,000,000? The FBI doesn't know, they are too busy surveilling PTA moms.

Last edited by reivertom; 05/16/22.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Why any of these fugs live to be arrested is puzzling.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

73 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 264mag, 15 invisible), 1,043 guests, and 759 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,485
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.