Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Went to fuel up my Ram 3500 with the Cummins engine. Fuel pump shut off at $125.00 and didn't even get a full tank.

Gonna be a bunch of really nice used RV's for sale pretty soon.

How long before the truckers have to shut down?

FJB.

[Linked Image]
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The trucks will shut down when the economy crashes. Until then, the freight rates will keep going up as long as diesel fuel keeps going up.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was driving through California in April and my pickup takes gasoline and the pump shut off when it hit $100. I did not fill the tank.

On that trip I needed to stop and refill when I was at a 1/2 tank. A half tank is real close to $100 I my F-150

Plus to add on to your comments. There is a bunch of motor homes for sale. The few motorhome owners that I know pulling a vehicle are making about 4 to 5 miles to the gallon on the freeways.

"Sorry don't get it done, Dude"
John Wayne 1959
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Diesel is pricey. I love my Duramax 3.0 and glad it gets the mileage that it does but I hate looking at $5.20 a gallon or so...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
$6.79 here.

!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Most likely be able to find many fairly new Duramax/Powerstroke/Cummins trucks soon
at the bottom of lakes
after being reported as stolen.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RickBin
$6.79 here.

!

Damn^^^^^

FJB & FJT
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Trust the plan

We’ll build back better

You’ll own nothing and be happy smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When does the rationing start????

???

I believe I’ve heard rationing was going to take place from a couple of the “Hillary is being indicted tomorrow people”

Or was it the “1188 Italian Futbol players have died from the jab people”

I guess I better go fill up the tractor and my jugs. Elijah said “Bring all thy vessels”
Turn off the Guns of Navarone, put down the Fritos and Pepsi and go fill em up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
The trucks will shut down when the economy crashes. Until then, the freight rates will keep going up as long as diesel fuel keeps going up.

The freight market is made up of 2 separate markets. Spot/Contract.

Contract fright is priced linehaul plus fuel. That freight will continue to move as FSC will continue to rise with fuel costs. Most shipper's financial look is at the Linehaul and "whatever fuel was - it is, not going to argue about that".

Spot freight usually is priced "all in" and the carrier/shipper settles on a price they hope the cost of fuel doesn't swing wildly.

Right now - spot freight pricing is less than Contract WITHOUT FUEL. Still, there isn't a rush from contract freight to spot freight right now and spot pricing is deteriorating.

Shippers want stability in their budget. We've seen upward pressure on transportation costs long enough that budgets should reflect those increases/reality. There's little reason to budget 100, bust that down to 30, reset at 30 and watch things change and push expenditures to 45 (showing you broke budget - again) - so to speak by rushing to the spot market and the carriers that service it.

Contract price will start to come down the longer spot stays well below contract but I don't believe there will be a race to get contract as close as possible to spot like there may have been in the past. Spot is down due to changes in supply and demand in that segment of the market. Less demand, plenty (for now) supply. A very large segment of carriers are small and operate almost exclusively in the spot markets. If fuel stays high and they're unable or unwilling to drive costs out of their operations or enter the contract market - they'll close up.

Stability for shippers will be the name of the game. Move contract down when/as you can in small steps, you still have to be good stewards of your company's resources/money but not so low you erode primary carrier acceptance of your routing guide. No need to ride the knife's edge of rates. I don't know if most of the small guys can hold onto things long enough. Given how many really don't even know their cost to run - I'd not hold my breath.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey Rick

We really need a headless chicken, animated with blood spurts emoji

Chop
Chop

If youre not too busy 🤓

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They shut off at a 100 here

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just filled up the farm tank with off-road diesel for $5.10 gal. Fertilizer for our hay fields was only $1,050 a ton yesterday. Same fertilizer last year was $375 a ton. I'm not sure how much of this fun I can afford. My wife has been giving me pep talks. She claims this is the devil's plan, and says don't give up and let them win. She saved me once 35 years ago hopefully she'll do it again.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco
They shut off at a 100 here

$150 here.

Had to put my card in 3 times the last time I filled up.

Just under $450.

mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Some $75 here, some $100, I think some places shut off still above that. Still, it pisses me off to run the card again. I avoid the lower cut-off places, and fill up at half-tank, should probably change that to quarter.

Diesel is mid-$5.00 plus or minus 20 cents, depending on location. Gas about 20 cents cheaper.

Last edited by las; 05/17/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I quit driving my Diesel trucks when it went over $5 bucks.
My gas trucks don't have the pulling power, but I'll make them work before paying $5+ a gallon.

Tony

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
XOM over 92$/share at the close today.

Ole joe is really killing big oil ain’t he?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to things I have read, oil companies and refineries are making record profits. They have no incentive to produce more and they have the cooperation of the federal government. Boycotting Russian oil and canceling drilling leases, is another factor driving the cost of fuel and everything made of fossil fuels. Hard to believe this is not intentional.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Of course the oil companies have no incentive to produce more. This administration is seeing to that...This administration can scream bloody murder about the big bad oil companies making record profits all the while acting like they care that the little man is taking it in the shorts.

All this administration would have to do is stop restricting the oil companies and instead give them some incentives to up production, instead they have said that they want to make everyone go green and kill the fossil fuel industry.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buddy rolled up to work today with his new (used) truck. 2017 super duty with a 6.7. told him nice truck but....really? His daily driver with about 45 mile round trip.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 1,788 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,614
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.