Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Why did Brad little win the governors race again? How did people forget his Covid dumbassery?

BP-B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
The lesser of several evils?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
His main opponent was Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin. She's pulled some stunts that turned the voters off. She's too much off the wall and voters don't want a crackpot in the capitol. While she was endorsed by Trump, he didn't have much to chose from.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Most recognized his name. It really is that sad.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't vote for him....but looks like I may have to come November. Sure as hell not voting for a Democrat.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm afraid of what McGeachin would do as governor. She's overstepped her authority several times as Lt Gov and has ignored state law. Whether you like Little or not, he was the best choice we had.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm afraid of what McGeachin would do as governor. She's overstepped her authority several times as Lt Gov and has ignored state law. Whether you like Little or not, he was the best choice we had.
I completely disagree, he was a bad choice

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by centershot
I didn't vote for him....but looks like I may have to come November. Sure as hell not voting for a Democrat.

Little is no different than a democrat. people need to wake up

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Little's a long way from the Dem candidate, Stephen Heidt. Heidt's just a typical liberal and he says he supports the entire Dem national platform.

― George Orwell

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Agreed. Brad isn't very good but he's a known quantity. Any time you change leaders there is always a chance you're going to get someone that you really regret. Janice is a crazy person and the others are pretty much unknowns. We're going to do ok.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 700LH
I completely disagree, he was a bad choice

+1

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by centershot

That's where I'm at with Abbott. The other choice will be the faq Beto. sick

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully the people of the great state of Idaho never have a Democrat for a Governor.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
making people wear masks isn't over stepping authority? ridiculous covid mandates that weren't ratified by the legislature and passed as actual law, that has been debated and had the proper notice and comment period isn't overstepping authority? All this LT governor did was actually remove these "mandates" while she had the authority to do so. If you had the authority to disband and reverse illegal acts that another elected official enacted, again without notice and comment period or voted on by ANY representative. isn't it a persons duty who took the oath of office to undo such measures? I agree with almost everything you post rockchuck, but how do you reconcile this and say she is crazy for undoing illegal acts?

frankly I thought what she did was hilarious and put the spot light back on the governor. She brought debate to the issue. she also kept her oath of office and reversed these measures when she had the authority to do so. When the federal government comes to take your guns and your liberty, which candidate is most likely to tell the feds to F'off? IMO it aint Brad Little, he has a track record of folding to fear tactics and delegating his authority to the health department fauci's of the world. at the end of the day all we have is state and local governments that will defend our freedoms and rights.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Says this to get elected but talked a different talk afterward,,,
Wouldn't that be considered a lie?
Lt. Gov. Little: Repeal the Idaho sales tax on groceries

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/p...aho-sales-tax-on-groceries/277-428225919

About three weeks in office he comes out with this hopgwash.
Idaho governor: Climate change is real, and it must be reversed
https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/environment/article224663910.html

Some of his ads for this election were truth like channel 7 Boise gives us..Ha!

Looks like lies and propaganda work on the populace once again..

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
rock chuck is very a reasonable guy!!! I look forward to him addressing the issues I asked about.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are a lot of Liberals who vote Republican in the primaries. They know that's who will be elected. That's how we end up with Little types.

I wasn't at all worried about McGeachin. I voted for her and thought she would win. Another 4 with a RINO.

I don't like Simpson but so glad crooked Bryan Smith lost AGAIN! He needs to crawl back in his hole for good.

Gun Owners of America & NRA Life Member
https://www.facebook.com/BirdDogBunkhouse57442/
"There are a hundred things that can happen at long range and only one of them is good"
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
rock chuck is very a reasonable guy!!! I look forward to him addressing the issues I asked about.

THIS

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She got herself in trouble by refusing to abide by the the Idaho Open Records act when she refused to turn over documents requested by the Idaho Press Club. That one ended up costing her something like $30k reimbursing the IPC for their court costs. She originally tried to charge it to the taxpayers but the judge stopped that.
Her EO attempt at ending the mask mandate was pretty questionable. While she was the acting governor for a day, she did that without consulting anyone in the legislature or anyone else. Of course it was reversed the next day when Little got home. I think it'll be long debated on whether she had the authority to do it. The problem was that it showed her to be a far right activist and I think it turned off a lot of voters who are more moderate. She wasn't even close in the primary.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dukxdog
There are a lot of Liberals who vote Republican in the primaries. They know that's who will be elected. That's how we end up with Little types.

I wasn't at all worried about McGeachin. I voted for her and thought she would win. Another 4 with a RINO.

I don't like Simpson but so glad crooked Bryan Smith lost AGAIN! He needs to crawl back in his hole for good.

amen. I met McGeachin twice here up in N Idaho. I wsa impressed. Shame the establishment ( Rinos with the help of Dems) was able to launch a successful campaign against her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
641 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,661
Posts18,399,311
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.