Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
So I bought The Glenfield on Kindle I can read it on the computer but when I search for the book on my Kindle the search results don't show it anywhere? I've checked the spelling tried all capital letters my latest gen kindle shows zip?

Maybe I'm missing something simple (it wouldn't be the first time) or maybe there is a glitz. Anyone else tried to download this?

I use the kindle app on my Iphone so I usually buy the books on the computer then just have find it in my purchases on my phone and download it. I am not sure if that helps or not.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by clwg97
So I bought The Glenfield on Kindle I can read it on the computer but when I search for the book on my Kindle the search results don't show it anywhere? I've checked the spelling tried all capital letters my latest gen kindle shows zip?

Maybe I'm missing something simple (it wouldn't be the first time) or maybe there is a glitz. Anyone else tried to download this?

I use the kindle app on my Iphone so I usually buy the books on the computer then just have find it in my purchases on my phone and download it. I am not sure if that helps or not.

Yes it did, easy to get on my phone which lead me to discover I had my Kindle set on airplane mode.... (need a Homer Simpson slapping his head saying "Doh!" ) Icon... Thanks.

As an aside, I have to say I found the description of that most recent slice of pumpkin pie to be well, kind of lack luster... Hey you asked, just saying grin

For the book lovers here is a note about my latest Kindle.... I mostly love it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B495319?ref=MarsFS_KINDLE_B08B495319

It's way faster than the earlier generation Kindles I've used. I don't think my brain even registers the time page changes take now. I call it digital crack cocaine for readers.

It has plenty of storage to hold Audible books too. When connected to a Blue Tooth device you can switch from text to listening if you want. I have a bunch of Audible books on my phone so I have not played with that feature yet.

It's plenty light enough so holding it with one hand is not a problem But, the on off button is on the bottom of the device. When reading in bed it's easy to bump it off. It seems like Amazon could put that control on top of their "next" next generation Kindle.

When the Wi Fi is left on the battery life is nowhere near as long as claimed... Airplane mode helps a bunch with that but you need to remember to turn that off before attempting to download anything.... Hopefully I'll remember that now.

Please don't feed the trolls!
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by WAM
I can’t believe I wasted 48 seconds skimming this thread….

Me too.

More retards here than meets the eye....

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by WAM
I can’t believe I wasted 48 seconds skimming this thread….

Me too.

More retards here than meets the eye....

We'll try and tell the jokes slower from now on.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, Shaman, you actually wrote a novel?? I thought this was just about one of your posts!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, Shaman, you actually wrote a novel?? I thought this was just about one of your posts!

Oh, this is just the latest.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think his 3rd? Oh and Shaman, I spent the whole 0.99 to buy The Glenfield rather that get it included in Kindle unlimited. I'm pretty frugal in general so you should take that as high praise....

Please don't feed the trolls!
shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I think his 3rd? Oh and Shaman, I spent the whole 0.99 to buy The Glenfield rather that get it included in Kindle unlimited. I'm pretty frugal in general so you should take that as high praise....

I bow in your general direction.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I have read all the chapters and they seem to be shaping up pretty well. Not a lot of criticism currently.

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I just uploaded Chapter 10-12.

Still plenty of time for folks to sign up. I've got slots open.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I used to know how to send a pm. How do I do it now?

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Chapter 10 "Gordon and Griff showed up. They were properly chastened by what had happened the previous week. Both apologized profusely and begged me to stay." shouldn't it be Gordon and Grey?

Last edited by clwg97; 05/19/22.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Chapter 11 "Groff and I went upstairs to my room and started playing albums so we could talk."

Should be Griff

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by clwg97
Chapter 11 "Groff and I went upstairs to my room and started playing albums so we could talk."

Should be Griff

I'll get on to fixing up both.

Fixed. You won't see the changes, at least not for a while.

Last edited by shaman; 05/19/22.

shaman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just a quick heads-up: I've completed uploading all the chapters. There are still slots open if you want to get in on this.

PM me your full name and your email address. I'll give you credentials to get into the secret clubhouse.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Just finished up. Great read! I loved the twists. It did seem like it wrapped up a little quick, but overall a good book I would recommend.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

331 members (160user, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 31 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,225
Posts18,447,643
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.