Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
This article was written by a fellow member at a site called "Freevoices.net". For those interested, this is a small group of people who were formerly members of the Quillette site, until Quillette decided they wanted to gear their "free speech" site toward more left-wing viewpoints. So, we started our own. Always interested in new members, of all stripes.

Anyway, great and informative article.

https://magazine.freevoices.net/articles/2022/05/16/Cannibalizing-Canada's-Indigenous-History.html

GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I skimmed over it, I already know the truth, and I also know that Marxism has influenced the relationship between government and Canada's native people. Now "they" are making massive effort to tug on the emotions of Canadians, especially the people of BC. The people of BC are in the process of getting royally screwed by the government, Native people, and the special interest groups, based on a series of lies.

The history of Canada's native people is indeed skewed, I am embarrassed to be frank. I don't support it, I just don't, not all native people are looking for a handout, or a cheque. They lost me with this nonsense, probably what they wanted in the first place.

I recently bought a book, as did Dwayne, in the first chapter IIRC the author wrote the biggest trade on the west coast was slavery, Alexander Ross was there, I believe him, he wasn't the only one to write their findings.

I see now every native group in Canada have their own version of "law"....going back many thousands of years....yeah, bs.

If the Colonial masters never took control of this land, Canada's native people would be speaking Russian or Spanish.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We've be suffering this revisionist history for 50 years. A majority of people have swallowed it hook line and sinker and will not tolerate the idea that natives were not some sort of just, fair, civil and somehow highly enlightened society that was one with nature until whites came along and destroyed it all. It's all propaganda and social engineering. They were called savages for a reason. Even today the way band hierarchy and administration treats lesser members of their own bands reflects this. There is no fair, just and equitable society amongst natives themselves and never has been. I've spent a bit (a lot) of time on reserves growing up in the 60's and 70's, have seen the seedier side of the greed and lies of their leaders, the incest amongst families, the sexual predation of their own young, the dismissive acceptance among the community when they do it to their own. this has been going on for thousands of years. It didn't start with the RC Church, in fact it was one of the things that the Catholic church discouraged natives from accepting as normal... and no I'm not a Catholic.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by 673
I skimmed over it, I already know the truth, and I also know that Marxism has influenced the relationship between government and Canada's native people. Now "they" are making massive effort to tug on the emotions of Canadians, especially the people of BC. The people of BC are in the process of getting royally screwed by the government, Native people, and the special interest groups, based on a series of lies.

The history of Canada's native people is indeed skewed, I am embarrassed to be frank. I don't support it, I just don't, not all native people are looking for a handout, or a cheque. They lost me with this nonsense, probably what they wanted in the first place.

I recently bought a book, as did Dwayne, in the first chapter IIRC the author wrote the biggest trade on the west coast was slavery, Alexander Ross was there, I believe him, he wasn't the only one to write their findings.

I see now every native group in Canada have their own version of "law"....going back many thousands of years....yeah, bs.

If the Colonial masters never took control of this land, Canada's native people would be speaking Russian or Spanish.

Read Robert Campbells book " Campbell of the Yukon" if you can find a copy. He was one of the first white men to spend much time up here. The picture he paints is much different than what the FN tell us.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In Vancouver was a statue of "gassy jack", it was in gastown. The statue was torn down by a bunch of malcontents,, no law enforcement was able to intervene, even though there were camera's everywhere, made the news, couple morons almost got crushed under it.

They were mad that gassy jack, reputedly, had a wife of twelve years of age, oh the horror of a white guy taking a young native bride. It may indeed be unethical today, but........the FN did exactly the same thing, only they had multiple wives twelve years old, the irony of the media and malcontents was jaw dropping hypocrisy.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope you're all well and warm enough???!!!

We were cutting some firewood for a buddy whose had cancer treatments the other morning and it was snowing on us!! Again!!! eek

The morel picking has even been delayed, though we did get a good haul earlier this week one day.

Anyways, I need to call you again sometime as it's been too long since we shot at the bull - or bear - I have another yard bear...again....

Thanks again for putting me onto that book by Alexander Ross, it's a really good sound bite of the times and how the folks, FN and otherwise were getting by out here back then.

If you're into coastal stuff, this book was mentioned in the linked article and I've read it at least twice, though I don't have my own copy and really should get it.

https://www.abebooks.com/9781555531317/Captive-Nootka-Indians-Northwest-Coast-1555531318/plp

Again for sure the author isn't FN and has a bias, but he's also a decent observer of what was going on and his account is detailed enough that one can learn a fair bit about coastal FN life in the late 1700's.

Slave raids along with internal and external warfare was pretty much the order of the day.

Oh as a by the way, the author John Jewitt was a blacksmith and forged some fishing/whaling bits for the Nootka chief who enslaved him and those are or were on display at the Royal Victoria Museum. Whether they'll still be there anymore I cannot say, as they suggest a bit of a "different" history than the utopian claptrap being espoused by many these days.

Well sir, we're off to drop a couple dead Doug Fir trees for buddy's sister's firewood for the winter so we'll catch you on the other side.

All the very best to you all and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I just had my wife order me a copy of this book. Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve studied our PNW Coastal Natives for awhile but a few years back pivoted and began to dive into the plains and SW natives. I’m rereading a couple that I found interesting but after that I am coming back home, so to speak. I’ve accumulated a decent addition to my library of interesting books and this will be my “re-introduction” to the peaceful and playful Indians of yesteryear that frolicked in the surf and enjoyed salmon bakes and long walks on the beach. No matter how it was I like knowing the history and truth because it sure was a different time. Plus as a fisherman I can’t imagine the salmon runs back then….I believe you call them “Tyee” for chinook >30# but whatever you call them it would be fun to think of 40# fish as cookie cutters. 😃

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gassy Jack didn't have just one, rather a series of them.

Any society that owns slaves, the natives did, deserves to have the $hit kicked out of them. But that is just my opinion.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
Gassy Jack didn't have just one, rather a series of them.

Any society that owns slaves, the natives did, deserves to have the $hit kicked out of them. But that is just my opinion.
Are you saying the natives should have the shyte kicked out of them?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, I'm saying the society . The culture .

Around the world as hunter gather groups collide with farming (which is what we are ) groups, they come in second best in a two horse race.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
For my US countrymen who may be following this thread and don’t speak fluent Canadian, when they say “FN” they are not referring to a gunmaker. What they are abbreviating is “First Nations” which, for some inexplicable reason, is what the Canadians call the injuns.

Mathew 22: 37-39

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
No, I'm saying the society . The culture .

Around the world as hunter gather groups collide with farming (which is what we are ) groups, they come in second best in a two horse race.
Who is "we"?...understand this.....you and me ain't "we".

The issue before us is one of a skewed history, twisting the truth to benefit one group, meanwhile taking from another. For the FN to go off on gassy jack without knowing what is in their own closet is beyond ridiculous, ffs man, get ahold of yourself.

Look bub, those who skew history and culture to fugg another history or culture is what some see as hurtling full on to a race war, whether it is sooner or later.

It is up to Canada's Native people to call it out and put an end to people exploiting their culture at large for anothers reward. These lies are not to benefit FN, but to benefit the globalists.

It is about the control of the resources, and the Citizenry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Aces;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I trust the weekend is behaving for you all and you're all well down on the wet coast.

If you're on a Pacific Coast/Columbia/Southern Interior sort of a reading kick, this is the book that 673 and I got last year which 673 referenced earlier.

https://www.amazon.ca/Adventures-Se...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I'm loathe to recommend amazon truly, but it was the only source up here that I could find last year. Usually I've had good luck finding books through abebooks especially the out of print, used books that I seem to prefer these days.

The author Alexander Ross was part of the crew who set up a fort at Astoria, then set up other posts in norther Washington and spent some of one winter just up the valley at a post not super far from 673's stomping grounds actually. They had a particularly bummy bunch of grizzlies up there - fun fact Kelowna, BC is more or less Grizzly Bear in the Interior Salish language.

Anyways that's a pretty good sound bite from about the same time frame as the book about the Nootka.

If you're interested in a bit later in our part of the world, I highly recommend this one.

https://www.abebooks.com/9780770509347/Mapping-Frontier-Charles-Wilsons-Diary-0770509347/plp

It's written by one of the British Royal Engineers who surveyed the International Boundary between us and in it he mentions bumping into folks like Judge Matthew Begbie as well as BC Governor James Douglas.

By the way to any and all who continue to say we're founded by white supremacists etc.... Judge Matthew Begbie spoke at least a half dozen FN dialects and was the first judge to allow a FN member to testify in a capital case against a non-FN individual.

Governor James Douglas' mother was descended from freed slaves in Guyana. His wife Lady Amelia Douglas was of Irish/French/Cree lineage. They had 11 children together though 5 died in infancy. Some of them became important players in the early days of BC's history.

Anyways there's the Sunday morning reading list from the little old guy in the Okanagan!

All the best.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948
For my US countrymen who may be following this thread and don’t speak fluent Canadian, when they say “FN” they are not referring to a gunmaker. What they are abbreviating is “First Nations” which, for some inexplicable reason, is what the Canadians call the injuns.

cra1948;
Top of the morning sir, I hope you're well down in South Carolina - if I got that right?

We, that is to say the Teutonic folks I'm descended from, used to be referred to a Square Heads or Krauts when I was a kid. Somewhere along the line that's changed into mostly referring to us as Germanic.

The terms First Nations and Inuit began to come into general use about 35 years ago if my memory serves and please note it might not. Again going from faulty memory it was mostly that's what those folks preferred to be called as I understood it?

I want to say that Inuit was the term that group used for themselves, but I can't comment on where the origins of the First Nations term came from, sorry.

Anyways again that's just the rambling recollections of a mostly old Canuck and worth no more than the time to read.

All the best to you all down south sir.

Dwayne

W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Dwayne, FN comes as a result of the court decision that said each native reserve/treaty area is an independent nation and that the federal gov’t must negotiate with each individually, not as a homogenous group (which is why federal treaty negotiations are such a chitt show.) And they believe they were here first (some dispute about that), which makes them all “First Nations”.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am going to maintain my position that Marxism has infiltrated the relationship between government and all indigenous in Canada. The original intent of treaties, section 35 was to keep the King of England from interfering with cultures/Nations and all that pertains too.

Now it means resources, lording over, control of, restricting of...based on a judges decision, which many feel is simply, wrong.

Those making the decisions, don't worry about the whitelash coming because it doesn't affect them, most of them don't even live on this Continent.
I now see how this works, and exactly why I will not get involved politically, instead I will wait for it to come.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Dwayne, FN comes as a result of the court decision that said each native reserve/treaty area is an independent nation and that the federal gov’t must negotiate with each individually, not as a homogenous group (which is why federal treaty negotiations are such a chitt show.) And they believe they were here first (some dispute about that), which makes them all “First Nations”.

Which, despite trying to be fair and just, did indigenous people more harm than good. As a result, it inadvertently played communities against each other. If, for example, a better deal is negotiated with one group, a previous negotiation can be called into question. How come they got more than us? Can you imagine towns, villages and cities within your province negotiating independently for grants, jobs, taxes, etc?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Which, despite trying to be fair and just, did indigenous people more harm than good. As a result, it inadvertently played communities against each other. If, for example, a better deal is negotiated with one group, a previous negotiation can be called into question. How come they got more than us? Can you imagine towns, villages and cities within your province negotiating independently for grants, jobs, taxes, etc?
What you say here is exactly imbedded in the treaties in BC, exactly....they get a better deal than us? our treaty is opened up to make it equal.
Its about dividing the people, the end game....control of resources, and it isn't the FN who are going to control them, that's an illusion.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It only takes a few schills in key positions to control a mass.

Have a look at what has happened with the Vax mandates from Trudeau, not one dissenting voice among indigenous in the entire Country, all follow along. For a people with massive mistrust of government, it sure was/is trusting now and willing to fully comply.

On the freedom convoy, those who showed support were denounced by their so-called leadership, or ignored entirely, like me.
I went through a variety of news clips, all were against the freedom convoy, even calling the occupation of Ottawa as a violation of human rights lol, as if FN give a shyte about the disgruntled Citizens of a small neighborhood in Ottawa 2,000 km away.

I wonder what may have happened if Native Canada joined the freedom convoy?

I am going to take a wild guess and say that the vaccination rate among Native Canada is so low that they don't want anyone to know just how low....and would lead to a very low number of vaccine injuries, not enough to raise any eyebrows.

You know what?....If Canada's Native people had true leadership, we would not have most of the issue's we have today in Canada. True leadership would be independent of the influence of money and independent of a jew controlled media.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Canadas natives will never have true leadership. The people leading native bands and Indian affairs are nothing more than using the native thing as another of many vehicles for laundering taxpayers money into the pockets of the people who designed and administer this system. Pretty much all of them have their hands in the cookie jar when distributing tax payers money, i.e chiefs, band councils, lawyers, contracts, contractors, consultants, etc., etc. Billions upon billions of dollars disappear on these reserves and nothing changes. With all the money dumped into these reserves over the decades these people should have the highest standard of living in the country. That right there is proof of abuse and outright theft of taxpayer money.

Another thing I have always been mystified by is the blind faith so many natives still have in the Catholic Church after all the things it has been accused of. Could never get my head around that.

Last edited by bushrat; 05/23/22.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 10 invisible), 1,491 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.