Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BC30cal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Fellow Canucks;
Good afternoon all, I hope the day's been behaving for you all and you're all well.

As most know, I'm keenly interested in Canadian politics and also enjoy learning.

While I don't agree with everything he has to say, I'll opine that Prof. Jordan Peterson is one of the brightest minds of our time and I don't ever listen to him that I don't have to really, REALLY think.

This is, in my view worth an hour and a half of your time on a number of levels.

Ask yourself when was the last time a Canadian politician sat down for an unscripted interview for a couple of hours? How about with someone the likes of Prof. Jordan Peterson?

Anyways regardless of one's political leanings, I believe it's not a bad way to take up some time learning.

All the best and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Fellow Canucks;
Good afternoon all, I hope the day's been behaving for you all and you're all well.

As most know, I'm keenly interested in Canadian politics and also enjoy learning.

While I don't agree with everything he has to say, I'll opine that Prof. Jordan Peterson is one of the brightest minds of our time and I don't ever listen to him that I don't have to really, REALLY think.

This is, in my view worth an hour and a half of your time on a number of levels.

Ask yourself when was the last time a Canadian politician sat down for an unscripted interview for a couple of hours? How about with someone the likes of Prof. Jordan Peterson?

Anyways regardless of one's political leanings, I believe it's not a bad way to take up some time learning.

All the best and God bless.

Dwayne

I watched that earlier today. I think Pierre is the only hope Canada has.

Thanks for posting

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Dwayne, good interview. Lewis is still my pick, but you have to hand it to anyone who is willing to cross mental swords with Peterson. My biggest beef with Pierre is the fact that he was silent when our freedoms were being trampled into the dirt. Lewis, rightly called him out on that during the debate. She said he only started talking about Canadians charter freedoms when he thought it would help him. After two years of silence, its hard to argue with her. She also mentioned the fact that he wouldnt walk out and meet with the truckers either. I didnt know that. In the end Im good with anyone who can send the liberals packing though. Hopefully every single one of them.

Still cool here in the north, and the snow up high is still belly deep on a tall horse. Going to be some serious high water once the heat comes.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks Dwayne, this is very candid and so refreshing to hear this dialogue.
I am older than both of these people, was clearly affected by stagflation of the early 80's, was out of work as a tradesmen briefly until I started my own.
Prior to that I worked through a Union and canvassed for the NDP. I experienced, the wrath of the National Energy Program,
I am typing this as I am listening by the way.
Yes, I liked Preston Manning, leaned toward support
for the Western Canada Concept Party it mirrors alot of what you hear in this interview.
I can only hope and pray that the young voters can grasp what his message is.
All levels of gov't must be accountable and Canadian's must be able to keep their feet to the fire.
How we address the widespread apathy is another issue.
God Bess you all

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know very, very little about Canadian politics though Jordan Peterson has impressed me with his lectures about psychology.
The video wouldn't play for me as I have poor internet right now. I will try to watch this later.

IC B2

BC30cal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T Inman;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I hope you're all starting to get a bit of spring weather and you're well.

We're going to head out for morels - round 2 - in a wee bit here since the forest fires last summer were so close to us and all.

Like you've mentioned, I started listening to Jordan Peterson before he was as well known as he is today, usually listening to his psychology lectures which were put up on YouTube. As I've said too, while I don't agree with everything he says, he does make me think about what I believe and why that might be so, which I've come to believe is never a bad thing.

As far as Pierre Poilievre is concerned, he's a Calgary born fellow - was adopted by a pair of teachers who divorced when he was in his early teens. He got involved in politics pretty early and has been a standing MP for most of his working life - which isn't a plus for me truly.

That said, he has always said the right things and as far as I am aware has done the right things in public/politically - again for me and in my right of center opinion.

He was a cabinet member in the Stephen Harper government and as far as I can find and recall, did good work there.

His wife is from Venezuela originally and seems to be bright and is an entrepreneur as well as involved in politics. If they don't get along as a couple, they're really good at faking it. This made me chuckle when I saw it.

https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1517474184099684354

Then there's the legacy media who are stumbling over themselves to support the other front runner Jean Charest and vilify Poilievre at every opportunity. If my fellow Canadians can't see that alone as a sign T, well let's say I hope and pray they can for a change, you know?

He's not perfect for sure - well nobody is I suspect? Personally speaking, as usual I've made a couple mistakes today before the second cup of coffee is done, so I'm in the same boat for sure.

The video might not interest you much T, but for me it was informative watching a front running politician sit down one on one and take unscripted questions for an hour and a half and then articulate intelligent responses fairly free of weasel words.

All the best to you this spring.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 05/17/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Since when is Jean Charest a Conservative?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Since he quit being a Liberal and wanted to increase his pension. grin

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Since when is Jean Charest a Conservative?

Bet your last dollar he was paid by the Liberals to run, to keep Pierre out.

He is a snake in the grass.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (222ND, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 72 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,958
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.