Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Alabama's Nick Saban rants against NIL exploitation; Texas A&M, Jackson State feel his wrath

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/alabamas-nick-saban-nil-texas-am-jackson-state

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Pot meet Kettle ! 😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That's rich, coming from Saban

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one".....Luke 22:36
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well he is a democrat. A typical democrat accuse the other side of doing what you’re doing.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
NIL is becoming a mess

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
NIL is a mess but it's going to be fun watching all these guys say "but he's doing it too!"

NCAA was dumb and let it get to the NIL situation. Now the colleges/boosters are likely to be dumb and get it to another crisis that's unsustainable.

Me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal
NIL is a mess but it's going to be fun watching all these guys say "but he's doing it too!"

NCAA was dumb and let it get to the NIL situation. Now the colleges/boosters are likely to be dumb and get it to another crisis that's unsustainable.

Just wait until a school like ND starts digging into it's Endowments.

FJB & FJT
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
He is using this to leverage his donors to come up with more money. Ain't no dummy.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
College football has been crooked for decades. These "student athletes" are supposed to take a full load of classes. Listen to some of these player interviews, they are too stupid to major in Phys Ed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford

Just wait until a school like ND starts digging into it's Endowments.

I've heard their endowment is MASSIVE. Scary big. But I don't follow this all that close. I like watching the odd football and hockey game and that's it. I'm done with school lol.

I had heard tho - the concern is these boosters doing all the NIL deals with the players but NOT donating anymore to the college instead (or donating less) and I'm guessing that's a part of the individual college's concerns over this now.

Me

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hell guys, it's been going on since the 50's...when Bear Bryant bought an air conditioner for John Davis Crow's apartment in Houston, where he was hiding him. powdr

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
This will destroy college football on two fronts-inside the locker room and waning fan interest. How long before the players who don't get paid(90% or more of the team) grow weary of doing the heavy lifting for the prima donnas that get paid. NIL is going to become a locker room cancer. The fan base will also take a hit, maybe a huge hit. How can it be a team if everyone isn't treated the same.

Yeah I know this stuff has been happening, but it was under the radar. Now that it's out in the open and you can't look away, it's going to become revolting to many fans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, the horse is out of the barn with NIL (and not much chance of corralling back in), but this is pure entertainment for college football and it'll make the Oct. 8 matchup against the two must-watch-TV.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
they are talking about the players not having to even attend school and can stay and play there as long as they want. Think johnny maziel who was never going to make it in the pros.

anybody can pay the players so the school has no control and no say. they are going to have to have something like tip sharing so everybody get a piece of the pie. lol

It's just going to make the big schools even more powerful. Are you going to go play somewhere for $10,000 over somewhere for $1,000,000- nope. UT might be able to buy them a team.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have learned one thing over the last few years about sports. People always talk a big game about not watching sports or nascar anymore. With that being said why are the stands still full and people purchasing their merchandise. Also paying for extra sports channels. Nothing has changed I don’t think it ever will because for every person that stops watching sports they are two that replaces him or her!
I for one have not watched nascar, college basketball, nba, or nfl since the early 90’s. Now it looks like I will quit watching college football. I will have a lot more free time to hunt or fish!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by la4wd54
That's rich, coming from Saban

Careful...you're walking on thin ice for being honest about Lord Satan...I mean Saban.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hell guys, it's been going on since the 50's...when Bear Bryant bought an air conditioner for John Davis Crow's apartment in Houston, where he was hiding him. powdr

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yeah that is rich coming from anybody at Alabama. I do not agree with this NIL stuff and do believe it will harm college football but Saban and bama are just pissed that other schools can now legally shower kids with cash like they have been doing since the Bear Bryant days.

Here is an analogy. It's like this. If you have got the best most well organized alcohol bootlegging operation in the country; and you have bribed all the right people who could bust you; and even the government of the state you are in and the statewide press cover for your ass ; then the last thing in the world that you want is an end to prohibition.

The stories I could tell.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had heard tho - the concern is these boosters doing all the NIL deals with the players but NOT donating anymore to the college instead (or donating less) and I'm guessing that's a part of the individual college's concerns over this now.

Well, I wouldn't want any of my football money going to fund the Women's Studies program.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Haters hate winners win. How many Rings does your team have? How many does Nick have?

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 70 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.