Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MickinColo
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
shootem- minwax polyshades.

Looks like mahogany with that red tint. And that’s not plywood for the work top is it?
I think the color of Minwax is called honey pine. It is oak plywood.

Originally Posted by 338reddog
Looks good, are you going to put the sliding doors on? I had taken mine off but missed the clean look it gave when closed.
Hbe you used the the mount you have on the coax press? I am thinking that is the way I want to go.
Jeff
I did not put on doors. I made the shelves the same depth as the uprights. I used brackets with pegs for the shelves to rest on. In the upright behind the press you can see the holes for the pegs. I've got two Inline Fabrication mounts on the bench. The Forster is in a dedicated mount but the other has a quick mount top so I can swap another press, trimmers, bench primer, etc. I have 2x4s for backing under the plywood for the Inline mounts so they're quite solid.
[Linked Image]
I like your adjustable shelf idea
I used a Kreg brand jig that makes drilling the holes for the pins super easy.

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I used a 3 ⅛" Glu-lam beam. I cut it in half then glued and bolted the two. Halves together to give me 30" of counter. Very solid. The other bench has a ⅜ steel plate booked down under the press. Drilled& tapped it for bolts to hold press down

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by shootem

👍

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I moved into this house in 1978, this small bedroom downstairs didn't have a closet, so it became my reloading room. At that time I only had one single stage shotgun reloading press and a Rockchucker press for all of my rifle and pistol reloading. Luckily I thought ahead or just thought big and made my bench the full length of the room's long 11' wall. In the '80s my pistol reloading became more time consuming than I wanted to spend on the Rockchucker, so I added a Dillon 450 progressive press, and now I also do most of my .223 and .308 reloading on it.

My interest in shotgun shooting also grew beyond the output of my single stage reloader, so I added a Pacific 366 12 gauge progressive reloader to my bench. Then when I started competing in registrated Skeet shooting I needed to also reload 20, 28, and .410 shotshells, so I added Hornady 366 progressive reloaders in those gauges to my bench.

I also tried to make my bench stout, so the top of the bench is 2x6s laying flat and running the length of the bench. They are fastened underneath with 2x4s glued and screwed at right angles. The top then has 3/4" HD particle board glued and screwed to the flat 2x6s and that is covered with indoor/outdoor carpet.

There are two shelves of 3/4" HD particle board reinforced with flat 2x4s.

The wall left of the bench has top kitchen cabinets over a lot of shelves.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That is an industrial strength setup for sure.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 13 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 674 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,668
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.