Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
He was seen for the 1st time in a year with his 50 year old wife. He looks in decent health for being an old fart. I didn't know he was still alive. He did some good stuff during his career.

[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Father Time in the flesh.

I believe he put an emphasis in being healthy throughout his life, looks like it's paid off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2004 documentary w/Dick Van Dyke

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m surprised he lasted this long. He has been open about his battle with alcoholism which shut down his career at its pinnacle.

Great, great talent

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Power to the gentleman.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If he ever does this again, hopefully he won't break a hip.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
He was seen for the 1st time in a year with his 50 year old wife. He looks in decent health for being an old fart. I didn't know he was still alive. He did some good stuff during his career.

[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]
I didn’t realize that he was still alive either. He looks to be in better shape than his wife that’s half his age.

One of my favorite jokes is to long to post but I heard it here the Fire. The Dick Van Dkye changes his name to Peter Van Lesbian. Lol

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's a good thing his agent suggested a name change early in his career. "Penis Van Lesbian" just didn't seem like it would look good on a theater marquee!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
It's a good thing his agent suggested a name change early in his career. "Penis Van Lesbian" just didn't seem like it would look good on a theater marquee!
Plus 1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He had a lot of fans in Japan.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My favorite movie of his was his role as James Bond.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 05/19/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by hatari
I’m surprised he lasted this long. He has been open about his battle with alcoholism which shut down his career at its pinnacle.

Great, great talent

He fought that battle for a long time and won.

Considering that, Willie Nelson and Keith Richards there’s only one conclusion that being drugs and booze are good for the body.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got cable In a place in the 80's.. watched the D v d show alot ..good stuff 4 sure

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I didn’t realize that he was still alive either. He looks to be in better shape than his wife that’s half his age.

One of my favorite jokes is to long to post but I heard it here the Fire. The Dick Van Dkye changes his name to FROM Peter Van Lesbian. Lol

The Story of Penis van Lesbian
A good looking man walked into an agent’s office in Hollywood and said ‘I want to be a movie star.’ Tall, handsome and with experience on Broadway, he had the right credentials.

The agent asked, ‘What’s your name?’

The guy said, ‘My name is Penis van Lesbian.’

The agent said, ‘Sir, I hate to tell you, but in order to get into Hollywood you are going to have to change your name.’

‘I will NOT change my name! The van Lesbian name is centuries old, I will not disrespect my grandfather by changing my name. Not ever!’

The agent said, ‘Sir, I have worked in Hollywood for years… you will NEVER go far in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian! I’m telling you, you will HAVE TO change your name or I will not be able to represent you.’

‘So be it! I guess we will not do business together’ the guy said and he left the agent’s office.

FIVE YEARS LATER….. The agent opens an envelope sent to his office. Inside the envelope is a letter and a check for $50,000. The agent is awe-struck, who would possibly send him $ 50,000? He reads the letter enclosed:

Dear Sir,

Five years ago, I came into your office wanting to become an actor in Hollywood and you told me I needed to change my name. Determined to make it with my God-given birth name, I refused. You told me I would never make it in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian.

After I left your office, I thought about what you said. I decided you were right. I had to change my name. I had too much pride to return to your office, so I signed with another agent. I would never have made it without changing my name, so the enclosed check is a token of my appreciation.

Thank you for your advice..

Sincerely,

Dick van Dyke

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender

One of my favorite jokes is to long to post but I heard it here the Fire. The Dick Van Dkye changes his name to FROM Peter Van Lesbian. Lol

A good looking man walked into an agent’s office in Hollywood and said ‘I want to be a movie star.’ Tall, handsome and with experience on Broadway, he had the right credentials.

The agent said, ‘Sir, I hate to tell you, but in order to get into Hollywood you are going to have to change your name.’

‘I will NOT change my name! The van Lesbian name is centuries old, I will not disrespect my grandfather by changing my name. Not ever!’

The agent said, ‘Sir, I have worked in Hollywood for years… you will NEVER go far in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian! I’m telling you, you will HAVE TO change your name or I will not be able to represent you.’

‘So be it! I guess we will not do business together’ the guy said and he left the agent’s office.

FIVE YEARS LATER….. The agent opens an envelope sent to his office. Inside the envelope is a letter and a check for $50,000. The agent is awe-struck, who would possibly send him $ 50,000? He reads the letter enclosed:

Dear Sir,

Five years ago, I came into your office wanting to become an actor in Hollywood and you told me I needed to change my name. Determined to make it with my God-given birth name, I refused. You told me I would never make it in Hollywood with a name like Penis van Lesbian.

After I left your office, I thought about what you said. I decided you were right. I had to change my name. I had too much pride to return to your office, so I signed with another agent. I would never have made it without changing my name, so the enclosed check is a token of my appreciation.

Sincerely,

Dick van Dyke

That is about the dumbest story I ever heard…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by ironbender

Dear Sir,

Sincerely,

Dick van Dyke

That is about the dumbest story I ever heard…

Do you have Hunter's Campfire on audio tape?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waiting for Mannlicker to post if DvD is a good guy or not for i give birthday wishes………….

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

.... like tears in the rain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Dick Van Dyke Show was great.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
He always played a goofball. I never could stand that guy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
308 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 30 invisible), 1,999 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,953
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.