Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Serial numbers, in case of theft.

One of those things I’ve never needed but should have.

OK, write ‘em down but keeping that notebook in the safe isn’t the thing to do, and as years go by where did that notebook go?

Same thing with an electronic copy, what did I call that list and what hard drive was it on?

Others’ MMV
Consider a safe deposit box through a credit union to store pictures and serial numbers. I pay $20 a year for a safe deposit box through my CU. My bank was over triple that for the same size box.

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by mart
Not a gun hang up but a tactical shooter hang up. I taught tactical shotgun for many years. Cannot stand the ignorant pr*<€ s who refer to a shotgun as a shottie or “the gauge”. I warned them if they used those terms they’d fail. Some didn’t believe me and ended up reshooting at the end of the day.

Didja wear a red cap and yell alot?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
People who say "I love the 2nd Amendment but..."

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Cleaning barrels

MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With an exception or two at least 90% must carry wood stocks.

1Minute
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Some barrels shoot good dirty & hot
[/quote]
Sounds like my girlfriend.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
this government organization known as the batf&e

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unwieldy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The idea that a rifle barrel has to be cleaned to within an inch of its life or it is considered dirty....bothers me.

Total agreement ☝🏽 on this.

I was a fanatic about clean barrels until I had a long conversation with a former special forces shooter who called BS on the excessive cleaning methodology.

After a lot of questions by me on wtf are you talking about? He simply said - “The barrel will tell you when it needs to be cleaned by how it’s shooting”.

“Unless the barrel is soaking wet or full of mud and needs the hose”. “Just wet a cleaning square with your favorite cleaning solution”. “Run the patch thru a couple of times - wait a few minutes - then run dry patches down the tube until the patches come out clean”.

I’m haven’t looked back since, and my rifles all shoot great, until they don’t. Then I follow the above for cleaning and it’s back to regular scheduled programming.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Unwieldy.
Good call.

I don’t mind a longer barreled rifle but can’t stand heavy profile barrels or stocks thick in wrist or with a lot of tight pistol grip for a sporter rifle meant to be carried. I’m 6’3” but would rather adjust and square up to a shorter LOP most of the time than deal with a long LOP assuming that it isn’t a scoped big thumper with limited eye relief.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cleaning shotguns. Particularly fussing over the barrel(s). Its an explosion in a tube that flings a couple dozen rocks out the end. Pretty hard to fu.ck it up.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not having enough time to shoot, clean barrels and reload. cool

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine is two-barreled guns, three-barreled guns, and four-barreled guns and not being able to afford them, now especially. Drives me nuts sometimes. crazy

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by mart
Not a gun hang up but a tactical shooter hang up. I taught tactical shotgun for many years. Cannot stand the ignorant pr*<€ s who refer to a shotgun as a shottie or “the gauge”. I warned them if they used those terms they’d fail. Some didn’t believe me and ended up reshooting at the end of the day.

Didja wear a red cap and yell alot?

mike r

Not much of a yeller. Sometimes I like to show up for a class looking as much like Elmer Fudd as possible and not let on I’m the instructor. Makes the tactacool wannabes crazy.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Democrats

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mounting scopes! Necessary evil but it drives me crazy trying to determine if the cross hairs are perfectly level.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Shooting, it is noisy (1.)and I have to go outside.(2.)

mike r

1. Is a major part of the fun

2. Is simply not so; ask my wife……

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm unhappy about the fact that I don't have room to own all of them.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
AussieGunWriter: After nearly six decades (nearly 60 years!) of seeing the harm that "leather holsters" due to pistols and revolvers I no longer subject my handguns to that type abuse - not for carry, not for storage, not for nothin!
Leather holsters look good and smell good and can be pretty good at retention but the harm they do is NO longer tolerated by me.
In fact I have been selling off my leather holsters of recent and still have 30+ to sell.
There are just to many great options for concealed carry, carry and storage that won't harm and devalue ones pistols.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
AussieGunWriter: After nearly six decades (nearly 60 years!) of seeing the harm that "leather holsters" due to pistols and revolvers I no longer subject my handguns to that type abuse - not for carry, not for storage, not for nothin!
Leather holsters look good and smell good and can be pretty good at retention but the harm they do is NO longer tolerated by me.
In fact I have been selling off my leather holsters of recent and still have 30+ to sell.
There are just to many great options for concealed carry, carry and storage that won't harm and devalue ones pistols.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I’d never store a firearm in a leather holster. I don’t store any of my knives in leather sheaths. I’ve always heard that leather retains moisture and that the chemicals used to tan the leather can be harmful but have never left one in leather long enough to find out. Between that and being harder on bluing. I stick to kydex but love the look of leather sheaths and holsters.

My only leather holster is a Milton 1911 holster with a hand carved Mexican floral pattern. I bought it for its looks but generally only use it for limited range use or stomping around in the woods.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 21 invisible), 1,786 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.