Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Fuq PedoBiden and fuq the enviro-nazi's

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/us-west-risk-power-blackouts-summer-regulator-warns

Tens of millions of Americans could be thrown into a summer of hell as a megadrought, heatwaves, and reduced power generation could trigger widespread rolling electricity blackouts from the Great Lakes to the West Coast, according to Bloomberg, citing a new report from the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), a regulatory body that manages grid stability.

NERC warned power supplies in the Western US could be strained this summer as a historic drought reduces hydroelectric power generation due to falling reservoir levels and what's expected to be an unseasonably hot summer. Compound the hellacious weather backdrop with grids decommissioning fossil fuel power plants to fight climate change and their inability to bring on new green power generation, such as solar, wind, and batteries, in time, is a perfect storm waiting to happen that will produce electricity deficits that may force power companies into rolling blackouts for stability purposes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The regulatory body pointed out that supply-chain woes are delaying major Southwest solar projects, while some coal plants have trouble procuring supplies because of increased exports. They said there's also an increasing threat of cyberattacks from Russia.

By region, the Midwest power grid will be extremely tight. Across the Western US, power generation capacity has declined 2.3% since last summer, even as demand is expected to increase. Grids in the region may have to source power from neighboring grids as extreme heat will cause people to crank up their air conditioners. A situation of low wind speeds could trigger blackouts, according to NERC. They outlined how the Midwest could face power shortfalls due to the removal of power capacity from retiring fossil fuel power plants.

NERC issued a similar warning last year, stating power grids that serve 40% of the US population were at risk of blackouts. One year later, there was only one notable blackout last June during a heatwave in the Pacific Northwest that left 9,000 customers without power. But with reduced electricity generation capacity outpacing new green power sources, the risks of blackouts are increasing this year.

In Texas, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT)has already warned multiple times of grid stress as early summer-like heatwaves sent temperatures in certain parts of the state into triple-digit territory.

California's grid operators have also warned of rising blackout threats --for the next three summers -- as the state transitions to greener forms of energy. The drought and shrinking reservoir levels have reduced hydroelectric power generation on top of decommissioned fossil fuel power plants. "We know that reliability is going to be difficult in this time of transition," said Alice Reynolds, president of the California Public Utilities Commission, during a May 6 press conference.

NERC's report is an eye-opener for those living in the Western US. Many households face out-of-control inflation, soaring fuel prices, and food shortages ahead of what could be a summer of unrest as the Biden administration is bracing for a wave of violence upon the Supreme Court's overturn of Roe V. Wade.

America is slipping into the abyss as households get a taste of what it's like to live in Venezuela. It's not that far off from what people are experiencing today: soaring inflation, shortages, a ruling regime which so many claim was not elected by the majority and soon, rolling blackouts.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
All by design.

Look up Agenda 2030......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
War is coming. And nothing will bring it faster than bringing pain as a motivator. Folks are still a little too comfortable yet.

Know who and where the enemy is in your backyard.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Online Sleepy
Campfire Regular
How the hell am I gonna look at my innanets?

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Let's bring this one up again late fall.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wonder if it might be because the climate kooks have shut down so many generating plants that run on fossil fuels? Just maybe if you don't produce as much electricity, you might have less?? Just thinking out loud here...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
and the same idiots want everybody to drive an electric car...... Gee.....that wouldn't cause any problems would it????

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Its not a problem in their view

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
With the amount of power that Washington alone generates from our myriad of fish killing hydroelectric dams we damn sure shouldn’t suffer any blackouts. This state has fallen so far down the crapper with the progressive liberal bullshit that I don’t have any faith in logic prevailing. I’ve got generators, giant welders and plenty of propane. Next on the list is a proper whole house generator so that I ain’t gotta do a damn thing except sit back and enjoy the power.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

There's a LOT of windmills with penis envy over the big units on the Columbia.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What'll all them ELECTRIC car owners gonna DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let's revisit this thread when summer is over.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
How the hell am I going to charge my electric car??
Oh I don't own one LOL.
Can't wait to here the idiot's complaining about no power for electrics.

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
More:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/05/19/electricity-because-climate-change-blame-natural-gas/

Wonder when the climate wackos and SJW will start going after home generators due to "carbon emissions" and "privilege"?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
All by design.

Look up Agenda 2030......
.........Yup...... Beat me to it. It's not naive stupidity..... It's all part of the plan.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have a plan.

I'm gonna buy an electric car, and charge it at night when no one else is using electricity.

Then, during the day, I'll plug my house in to the car and run everything off the batteries.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Steve
More:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/05/19/electricity-because-climate-change-blame-natural-gas/

Wonder when the climate wackos and SJW will start going after home generators due to "carbon emissions" and "privilege"?

And all of those data centers that are all backed up with diesel or natural gas generators (which are tested once a month)

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
I hear that Oregon PUC is allowing them to shut down power here during high risk times.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Gonehuntin: I have to add "power blackouts" to my list of things china joe and his ho have "fix't".
Can't wait to be rid of that son of a bitch and that daughter of a whore!
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
833 members (06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 78 invisible), 3,264 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,713
Posts18,400,305
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.