-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do you happen to have a neighborhood facebook page?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Flys full and 1/2 as necessary.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wear American flag boxer briefs every day of my life. On days that call for half-masting for something like the death of a Democratic politician, I purposefully shart myself. Although sometimes I may accidentally shart on a full-mast day. In those cases, I respectfully burn my underwear.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by duck911
I have a (USA MADE by vets) heavy duty 30 ft flagpole flying a 4x6 (USA MADE) flag in my front yard at the end of our cul-de-sac. It is the first thing anyone sees when they pull into our street - it is... large.

Six of my seven Cul-De-Sac neighbors also have flags on free standing poles, and off facades, etc.

We ALL follow US flag etiquette (crisply up, reverently down, half-mast when appropriate, illuminated at night, etc) as appropriate.

But there are many official half-mast instances where that represent reverence for things many here despise. Official half-mast instances include remembering COVID deaths. Bob Dole, Albright. Henry Reid, etc, etc.

I suspect those here who actually fly a flag, fly in all weather, no light, full mast, all the time.

Who here follows the rules? Who flies a POW/MIA flag on the required days, and goes half-mast with the Stars and Stripes even it represents some Democrat, and so on?

Holy fugk.

Comedic GOLD.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Any of the cul de sac residents fighter aces?

One Korean War vet (Randy) and one Vietnam vet (Barbara, who was a nurse)

Never heard of Randy or Barbara.

You may have heard of my neighbor, he aint no Barbara.

Tom Kazansky ring any bells? He is a United States Naval Aviator of some renown. He was highly regarded during his time in Miramar and was deployed on the USS Enterprise where he shot down a MiG-28 while flying alongside another acquaintance of mine, Lt. Pete Mitchell. He was considered a real Top Gun during his time, truly.

Anyway, if you knew Tom you'd know he is very much by the book. He keeps me in check and squared away in regards to flag etiquette.

I remember not long after first meeting him we had a pretty blunt exchange. Tom has ice running through his veins. Told me something to the effect of "it's not your flag flying, it's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous, but right now you're worse. Dangerous and foolish. You may not like who's flying the flag with you, but whose side are you on?"

Kinda pissed me off at first but we've grown to respect one another and if I ever need a wingman I know I can count on my good neighbor. I believe he feels the same.

On a lighter note, he is an assassin on our bar volleyball team! How's Barbs serve?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
I have a (USA MADE by vets) heavy duty 30 ft flagpole flying a 4x6 (USA MADE) flag in my front yard at the end of our cul-de-sac. It is the first thing anyone sees when they pull into our street - it is... large.

Six of my seven Cul-De-Sac neighbors also have flags on free standing poles, and off facades, etc.

We ALL follow US flag etiquette (crisply up, reverently down, half-mast when appropriate, illuminated at night, etc) as appropriate.

But there are many official half-mast instances where that represent reverence for things many here despise. Official half-mast instances include remembering COVID deaths. Bob Dole, Albright. Henry Reid, etc, etc.

I suspect those here who actually fly a flag, fly in all weather, no light, full mast, all the time.

Who here follows the rules? Who flies a POW/MIA flag on the required days, and goes half-mast with the Stars and Stripes even it represents some Democrat, and so on?

Holy fugk.

Comedic GOLD.

LOL

Some reverence, please.

Fu.ckin' place is loaded with chucklehead these days, dammit anyway.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Here is a useful tool for when to do what, versus just being lazy:

https://starsandstripesdaily.org/

Gee.

Thanks, dumb fugk.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I have a Chinese Made American Flag still in the Rapper..
It’s Symbolic of the Treason that has Occurred..
The Flag size stays the Same ..
The Treason grows larger everyday..
I,I,I say Thar…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I won't fly the flag in honor of my enemies. So a lot of those days are off my list.

So you fly a flag? Sounds so... So do you actually make a *conscious* decision to not fly half mast in those situations? (or is you reply just fun hyperbole, for the sake of the 24HCF?)

Serious question.

I can't fly at half-mast because I don't have that type of pole. Regardless, I wouldn't put it out for a piece of schitt like Harry Reid or Madeline Albright.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Tom Kazansky ring any bells? He is a United States Naval Aviator of some renown. He was highly regarded during his time in Miramar and was deployed on the USS Enterprise where he shot down a MiG-28 while flying alongside another acquaintance of mine, Lt. Pete Mitchell. He was considered a real Top Gun during his time, truly.

Anyway, if you knew Tom you'd know he is very much by the book. He keeps me in check and squared away in regards to flag etiquette.

I remember not long after first meeting him we had a pretty blunt exchange. Tom has ice running through his veins. Told me something to the effect of "it's not your flag flying, it's your attitude. The enemy's dangerous, but right now you're worse. Dangerous and foolish. You may not like who's flying the flag with you, but whose side are you on?"

Kinda pissed me off at first but we've grown to respect one another and if I ever need a wingman I know I can count on my good neighbor. I believe he feels the same.

On a lighter note, he is an assassin on our bar volleyball team! How's Barbs serve?

Didn’t he make Admiral?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

Didn’t he make Admiral?

I'm not sure. He'll be back in town on the 27th, I'll report back.

Last edited by hillestadj; 05/20/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I won't fly the flag in honor of my enemies. So a lot of those days are off my list.

So you fly a flag? Sounds so... So do you actually make a *conscious* decision to not fly half mast in those situations? (or is you reply just fun hyperbole, for the sake of the 24HCF?)

Serious question.

Dump the superfluous "so."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Dang, Tom is your neighbor? I served with Tom and Pete. Tom and I were competing to get into Top Gun school and I would've beat him out if I hadn't rushed into that burning building to save those women and children. On the 24th trip back in the building collapsed on me. Crushed my legs and both had to be amputated. It was OK though, I got some kick-ass prosthetics. Now that I've told my story I can sign off with my real name.

Regards,

Oscar Pistorius

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tom's friend from Miramar was GOOSE not Duck...

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
So clearly the slack-jawed, knuckle dragging non-flag flying chuckleheads are up tonight.

Mine flys 24-7 and is lit at night.

Hopefully the rockets red glare is in the distant future
likewise.. it was saved off the ground from an unmonitored 24-7 unlighted position.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
24/7 lit by the porch light. No way to half mast it. Give it to the scouts to burn in a ceremony when it wears out.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm not sure. He'll be back in town on the 27th, I'll report back.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, dingus duck, while etiquette is a very serious thing, .................................

Nobody (read slowly now) takes anything you say, seriously !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Yes I fly a flag. The pole is a one piece USA made brushed aluminum pole approx 29' - 31' out of the ground with a 4x6 USA made flag. I poured and finished a nice concrete pedestal for it with a mulch bed around it. It flies 24/7 and is lit by 3 spotlights at the bottom so no matter which direction it flies, it is lit. I take it down in damaging weather. I am proud of it and the country and constitution that it represents, therefore I DO NOT lower it to half mast for those who die that did not support the constitution that the flag represents. I DO lower it for those who die that did support the constitution that the flag represents. I figure if they didn't live for it, why should I waste my time lowering it for them.

Last edited by bobinpa; 05/20/22.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Serious question.
Dump the superfluous "so."
Chick-speak.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 14 invisible), 1,147 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,237
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.