S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
From the Toronto Sun

GOLDSTEIN: Trudeau’s government is neither open or transparent
Lorrie Goldstein

While the Trudeau government committed itself to freedom of information when it was elected in 2015, it’s acting as if what it really believes in is freedom from information, based on the testimony of federal Information Commissioner Caroline Maynard before the Commons ethics committee this week.

She said government agencies, legally required to respond to FOI requests within 30 days, miss that target almost 40% of the time, ignoring the public, the deadline and the law.

In testimony first conveyed by Blacklock’s Reporter, Maynard said that as a result, her office is receiving thousands of complaints about the lack of timely responses to FOI requests — 1,000 this month alone — adding to a backlog of 4,000 cases awaiting decisions going back as far as 2010.

(New Democrat MP Matthew Green said one of his constituents has been told he will have to wait 80 years for the RCMP to release the information he wants.)

Maynard said departments are using the pandemic as an excuse for even longer than usual delays in releasing information under FOI and the government has not shown leadership in addressing this unacceptable excuse.

The rest here - https://torontosun.com/opinion/colu...overnment-is-neither-open-or-transparent

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
BP-B2

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Typical dictatorship

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
They just noticed this. Trudeau’s government hasn’t been transparent from day one. Typical Trudeau, he did say he would have the most open and transparent government but nobody took him to task on it. Oh yes, you can do that when you control the mainstream media.

Nick

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't know if this is true, but I have always felt that Justin Trudeau was a political outsider. He was a teacher who wasn't heavily involved in political causes. When the Liberals approached him to get into politics, the back room boys - the real power brokers - knew they had a cute face, good teeth, a great last name and a head full of air. Mother Margaret might object, but Pierre was the smarter of the two. Justin took after mommy.

When the power brokers were planning, they had to find a pitch man. Justin was that man. So much better than Ignatieff and Stéphane Dion! Politically ignorant. Easy to influence and control because he rode the short bus. He would also take the blame when his turn as PM was over. The perfect pitch man, like Billy Mays.

[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why did you blindly support his tyranny during covid? I recall you referring to him and his circle of lying misfits as “adults” or “grown ups” or some such bullshit while implying that those that didn’t drink his Kool-Aid were idiotic children.

Do you have a spine Steve or do you simply try so hard to fit in that you stand for nothing?….rhetorical question as most of us know that you’re a spineless propagandist with no moral center despite your pathetic attempts at fitting in with the MEN, something you know nothing about based upon your posts and commentary here.

I don’t usually go out of my way to run little people like yourself down but you really are a disgusting caricature of a wish-washy nobody that’s trying so hard to fit in with the big boys that he’ll say anything to try and gain acceptance.

Those that stand for nothing will fall for anything…..you’ve exemplified that axiom to perfection!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I quoted news stories of the day. They weren’t always what people wanted to read.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I will throw you a bone.
The Liberals, NDP, green party, and several members of the Conservatives dance to the same master.
The transparency is only seen when they have been found to be colluding with one another, traitors and pure scum.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Liberal governments has always been secretive, have always had a hidden agenda and Eastern Canadian's elect them , term after term.
Western Canadians's had the sense that they were 2nd class citizens when the Liberal party formed the federal government.
That was then, now , young people, young voters appear to all the same, coast to coast to coast.
They don't follow or engage in public policy and tend to be dazzled by the latest shiny object
These are the voters that will displace us.
It reminds me of Huxley's book " Brave New World"
Yup, The belief in our Lord had been deleted from their routine., there was no tolerance for any deviant behavior and to ensure that they were mandated to take " Soma" a happy pill.
It is a good read, even today. I read it in paperback in 1976. Who would of thunk is was such a great predictor of life on earth / 2022.
I digress...oh well

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Why did you blindly support his tyranny during covid? I recall you referring to him and his circle of lying misfits as “adults” or “grown ups” or some such bullshit while implying that those that didn’t drink his Kool-Aid were idiotic children.
Do you have a spine Steve or do you simply try so hard to fit in that you stand for nothing?….rhetorical question as most of us know that you’re a spineless propagandist with no moral center despite your pathetic attempts at fitting in with the MEN, something you know nothing about based upon your posts and commentary here.
I don’t usually go out of my way to run little people like yourself down but you really are a disgusting caricature of a wish-washy nobody that’s trying so hard to fit in with the big boys that he’ll say anything to try and gain acceptance.
Those that stand for nothing will fall for anything…..you’ve exemplified that axiom to perfection!
AMEN!!!
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I quoted news stories of the day. They weren’t always what people wanted to read.
Yeah, sure you did.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by comerade
The Liberal governments has always been secretive, have always had a hidden agenda and Eastern Canadian's elect them , term after term.
Western Canadians's had the sense that they were 2nd class citizens when the Liberal party formed the federal government.
That was then, now , young people, young voters appear to all the same, coast to coast to coast.
They don't follow or engage in public policy and tend to be dazzled by the latest shiny object
These are the voters that will displace us.
It reminds me of Huxley's book " Brave New World"
Yup, The belief in our Lord had been deleted from their routine., there was no tolerance for any deviant behavior and to ensure that they were mandated to take " Soma" a happy pill.
It is a good read, even today. I read it in paperback in 1976. Who would of thunk is was such a great predictor of life on earth / 2022.
I digress...oh well

I think all governments are secretive. One thing is for sure, voters and the way they think changes continually.

What writers dream of, scientists create.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
732 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 76 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.