Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Me Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Sure it's snowing outside now but it will be spring before you know. And I for one can't wait. I love to turkey hunt and only about 5 months to go so if anyone has any hot tips for the new season let me know I need all the help I can get.<BR>Me in Ohio

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Me, or You:<P>My tips (partly intended to keep you busy until the season):<P>Reload.<BR>Pattern the shotgun.<BR>Practice calling.<BR>Pattern the shotgun some more.<BR>Ghillie suit the camo.<BR>Scout.<BR>Buy a good digital camera.<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
M
Me Offline OP
OP Offline
M
OK RickBin, <BR>I'm down to to the camera. Now What? Guess it comes down to same things I've been doing for years. pattern-scout-pattern-scout-call-call-(drive your mate nuts)-call somemore. No hot tip just basic good woodsmanship is that it? I like the idea of the digital camera.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Me

H
H
Practice patience!!!!!!!!<P>Practice clucking and purring<P>expand your scouting to several different flocks to insure fresh birds throughout the season.<P>Hunt South Carolina and you only have to wait 10 weeks!<P>

G
G
What is the opening date in S.C.;maybe I could just cross Lake Russell [Linked Image]

IC B2

H
H
South Carolina has a lowcountry opener on March 15 (private land only) and an April 1 opener for the rest of the state and WMAS . Some of the upstate counties or zones have late public openers.<P>Best thing to do is check the area you will be hunting and scout early . The lowcountry opener is the first in the country and has the likeness of a NWTF convention most years.Tons of hunters and very little available land to hunt if you dont have a private lease or a real nice friend.I know people who charge and pay up to five bucks an acre for these early season turkey leases. Big bucks for a six week season. But then again if your a turkey hunting fanatic like me you cough it up and go hunting.<P><BR>John Coit

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just think, 22 years ago somone was thinking the same thing. laugh

Just 11 short months away.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You'd best to take up bird watching you sure can't kill a turkey.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by LFC
You'd best to take up bird watching you sure can't kill a turkey.

Your obsession makes you seem unstable

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lot's of folks around here agree. I think he is completely off his rocker. But it's nothing new. He's been like that for years. Apparently, he's been banned on many forums because of his abusive posts. He feels he has to tear down to build himself up. Gosh, this is the guy that decided it was appropriate to insult Shaman on this turkey board over is podcasts. Shaman. Shaman is the the kindest, most inocuous character to ever gace this website. And he suffers from cancer. Yet LFC thought he was an appropriate target for his rant. My personal opinion is it's a genuine sickness, but who knows. One can't even be nice to him, he bites any hand extended to him. Being nice to LFC is the same as kissing a dog turd.

At some point in time, LFC apparently made some nice looking turkey calls, but if you watch his videos, he never really perfected using them, or at least, couldn't work them well when the camera was on. In fact, several people claimed they were just mediocre copies of another call maker's calls. Pretty as they were, he made them sound like a dog getting beaten. That's what's funny about his insults about my calling - his calling is the worst I've ever heard. He even says in one of his video "my calling done went sour." Indeed it did, if it wasn't sour from day one.

Here's an example of the of his attacks on Zach Farmer. Geez, of all people, Zach Farmer, a NWTF Grand National calling champion. (BTW, LFC says in one of his youtube videos where he demonstrates, yet again, that he can't call worth a damn, that he would never even try and complete in the Grand Nationals. Kinda like saying he would never complete in a beauty contest. Typically, you have to be somewhat competetive to get in.)

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=75860.0

Sad case, indeed. A man who appears to be way past his prime, nearing his expiration date. You'd think someone like that would be happier. I'd hate to waste away being a bitter old man.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still lots of spring left to enjoy around here !!

Been getting up mornings and headed out to chase gobbling birds with my bino's and coffee cup. Best time of day/year to be alive whether you have a tag left or not. Saw several deer........a couple turkeys.......a woodcock.......heard at least 6 different gobbling birds.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
For myself, I don't care what anybody thinks about my calling but the turkeys. If they like it, I am happy.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Success is one thing....10Glocks is at a high level of defeat when it comes to turkeys.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
Here's an example of the of his attacks on Zach Farmer. Geez, of all people, Zach Farmer, a NWTF Grand National calling champion. (BTW, LFC says in one of his youtube videos where he demonstrates, yet again, that he can't call worth a damn, that he would never even try and complete in the Grand Nationals. Kinda like saying he would never complete in a beauty contest. Typically, you have to be somewhat competetive to get in.)

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=75860.0

Sad case, indeed. A man who appears to be way past his prime, nearing his expiration date. You'd think someone like that would be happier. I'd hate to waste away being a bitter old man.

If you're going to stalk me on the internet at least get your information right...Zack Farmer never won anything.

Talk about videos why did you take down your frog calling video ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But Farmer can play a trumpet call. And never attcked LFC over anything.

Like so many others, I'm placing LFC on ignore, again. No need to step in anymore crap that are his posts. And no need to clutter up a thread with his utterly worthless and mindnumbingly stupid rants.

Originally Posted by Yoder409
Still lots of spring left to enjoy around here !!

Been getting up mornings and headed out to chase gobbling birds with my bino's and coffee cup. Best time of day/year to be alive whether you have a tag left or not. Saw several deer........a couple turkeys.......a woodcock.......heard at least 6 different gobbling birds.

Not sure where you're at, but that's great. Here it's all green, hot and humid and heading towards summer. Todays is supposed to hit 90 and very humid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haha !! Tuesday morning it was 35 degrees. Headed for 85 today and 90 tomorrow. Weather here is like they ran outta meds at the schizophrenia ward.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We've got two weeks of squirrel season starting June 4. It's going to be miserable, no doubt. Will be hunting in shorts and a t-shirt. Sweating while covered in Deep Woods off sucks, but one has to do what one has to do.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 05/20/22.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You going to make squirrel hunting videos?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
115 members (338reddog, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,440 guests, and 715 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.