Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Tried to fill up truck yesterday later in the afternoon. . Pump wasn't working . Went inside and talked to clerk and he stated that they ran out of gas and diesel in the morning. They get their gas from Washington State and apparently there are gas issue now in Washington state. They is on an interstate and is a popular truck stop.

Thought that was interesting. FJB

BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
People think things are bad now, unfortunately they are going to get worse.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Major Payne..

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Let’s go Brandon 🤬

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had rationing of sorts back in the 70's, you could only get gas on certain days of the week based on
the last digit of your license plate number. Then, only 10 gallons at a time. Then, you were likely to spend a couple hours waiting in line to get to the pump. Might get to this point again pretty soon here.

[Linked Image]
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Was at a gas/truck stop yesterday morning.

The old farmer/owner[who doesn't work there] was talking to the manager, I overheard him asking her about inventory on all of the fuels they sell.
He listed them off one by one and had her check levels[I guess checking gallons sold].
His look showed a bit of concern.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by jnyork
We had rationing of sorts back in the 70's, you could only get gas on certain days of the week based on
the last digit of your license plate number. Then, only 10 gallons at a time. Then, you were likely to spend a couple hours waiting in line to get to the pump. Might get to this point again pretty soon here.

I was 18 in 1979 and was working in a gas station. The price went from $.28/gal up to $1.10/gal in about 4 months. It started with monthly allocations for the gas stations. So by the end of the month, a lot of stations were running out of gas. That's when we saw the long lines at the stations that still had it. We were one of those. It got interesting to say the least. I quit to get a fulltime Summer job right before rationing started.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

I was 18 in 1979 and was working in a gas station. The price went from $.28/gal up to $1.10/gal in about 4 months. It started with monthly allocations for the gas stations. So by the end of the month, a lot of stations were running out of gas. That's when we saw the long lines at the stations that still had it. We were one of those. It got interesting to say the least. I quit to get a fulltime Summer job right before rationing started.

I was 19 and remember it well. I had a Trans Am with the Factory 455 and a Chevy pickup with a 454 and was wondering if I would be able to get gas for them. My uncle owned 2 local Exxon stations back then. I’d stop in to use his high lift rack in the service bay to work on my Trans Am.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Used to wait in line for 5 gallons at a time. Station would run out every day. Some people were turned away with no gas. Price was $1.05 to $1.10. Forty Three years ago. That ended Carter's chances. Let's Go Brandon. Why do we have to wait until 2024? We need a Constitutional Ammendment to recall a President and Congress when necessary.

God Bless America
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

It's already happening here. My work trucks are big, thirsty, gas/diesel guzzlers. Can only put in $100 before the pump shuts off now.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also remember the rationing. This latest fuel crisis is intentional. Want to raise your blood pressure? Watch this:

Last edited by Morewood; 05/20/22.
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Lets give another $40 billion to Ukraine and keep up sanctions on a big fuel exporting country. That will bring back cheap gas.

Americans are causing their own problems and they're laughing at you.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That was the doing of that dumb bastard Jimmy Carter. You know, the second worst president of the US.

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by BangPop
That was the doing of that dumb bastard Jimmy Carter. You know, the second worst president of the US.

third worst

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
We have the Amendment, we don't have the constitution.

If I talk over you, I apologize. I'm afraid I will lose my train-of-thought.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BangPop

Ole Jimmy Carter is STILL celebrating down in Georgia, that he’s no longer the WORST PRESIDENT IN US HISTORY. 🤪

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just think of all the money you saved

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stopped and filled up the truck this morning, thankfully I still had a bit over a half a tank so it only cost me $60 to top it off. Half the pumps were blocked off with orange cones and had red bags on the pump nozzles, I'm gonna stock up this weekend just in case.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You put a clown in charge of things, you get a circus.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
571 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,204
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.