Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Just like they did gun owners, Black Rifle Coffee Co is now apparently screwing over its shareholders as well. CEO and CFO are apparently artificially manipulating stocks with the CEO netting a tidy $48 million off this game.

May 17, 2022

Dear Mr. Evan Hafer:

I regrettably must communicate with you via this public forum because as of recently, it appears you have decided to cease all communications with us.

1791 Management LLC ("1791") manages certain entities that hold Black Rifle Coffee Company's shares ("Black Rifle" or the "Company"). Please do not confuse our stake as a vote of confidence in the Company's Leadership. On the contrary, in just three months of being a public company, in our opinion you have caused significant harm to your shareholders and military veterans. It is our belief that you may be one of the most dangerous CEOs in America.

We have conducted a thorough review of your Company, including actions by management, and reviews of your SEC filings. Combining this with our numerous conversations with Black Rifle lawyers and executives, we have uncovered what we believe to be the most harrowing strategy to line your pockets at the expense of others (the "Investigation"). And YES, Chief Legal Counsel and Corporate Secretary Mr. Andrew McCormick, it was us on the phone as you cavalierly described what I would consider a plan to screw over your public shareholders, as set forth in more detail below. It is our conclusion that your profiteering at the expense of Americans under the guise of helping military veterans reveals your shameless disregard for our most honorable citizens. Furthermore, we believe your actions as CEO reveals a pattern of gross negligence and dereliction of duty that can expose the Company to a tsunami of litigation, which we believe your public shareholders deserve to be made aware of.

Are we really to believe that Black Rifle's recent meteoric stock price rise and ultimate collapse were just natural forces of the collective judgment of Black Rifle's business prospects? If so, we would like to note your stock was on the Threshold Securities List continuously from March 1, 2022, through May 9, 2022. Is it just a coincidence that the rise and collapse happened during this period? Not likely. We suspect the answer is obvious and is a result from your willful conduct designed to defraud investors by interfering with free market forces. It is our belief that you intentionally kept the available shares of Black Rifle stock artificially low, resulting in a "squeeze" so you could issue "exempted" stock to yourself during this period. The SEC has materials available that warn investors about schemes like what we believe happened here: "Fraudsters need to use some mechanism for issuing securities to themselves. Will often issue stock pursuant to an exemption to the SEC registration statements." We would not be surprised if the original idea came from your CFO, Greg Iverson, who was the subject of a securities fraud class action lawsuit alleging he participated in "artificially inflating" Overstock's price while he was their CFO.

We believe your plan was designed to artificially inflate your stock price by keeping the availability of Black Rifle's stock off the market. Since the public is likely not privy to the details regarding exactly how you may have accomplished this, I find it worthwhile to outline it here:

March 3, 2022; 15 business days after becoming a public company, we contend you breached your contract with the public by failing to file your S-1 that would have allowed additional shares on the market upon exercise of the Warrants. Per your Warrant Agreement, the Company agrees to file the S-1:
"in no event later than fifteen (15) Business Days after the closing of its initial Business Combination"
March 14, 2022 through May 4, 2022; Public investors had the contractual right to receive Black Rifle stock so long as you filed and made effective your S-1 (which you failed to get done during this period). In our communications with Black Rifle regarding this failure, your official response was that Black Rifle "was currently waiting on SEC comments and would make the S-1 effective as soon as possible." In addition to documenting our communications with you, we have our own documented communications with the SEC that make us believe your statements were false.
March 29, 2022; You Mr. Hafer, awarded yourself 2,106,629 shares of Black Rifle common units by filing an "Exempt Registration Statement" and making yourself a tidy $42 million based on the $19.76 open price. Does any of this sound familiar to the tactics used by "Fraudsters" pointed out by the SEC Mr. Hafer?
April 4, 2022; Black Rifle announced the removal of the public's right to exercise and receive stock. The pure brazenness of this announcement left me incredulous, as if appearing to breach your fiduciary duty by lying to investors about the S-1 wasn't enough. I would deem this slamming the last nail in your shareholder's coffin.
April 19, 2022; You, Mr. Hafer, awarded yourself an ADDITIONAL 2,106,628 shares of Black Rifle common units by filing another "Exempt Registration Statement" and making yourself an additional $47 million based on the $22.24 open price. P.S. – You may want to check the math on your calculation. According to Bloomberg's VWAP calculation, it appears you only hit 12 days above $20 dollars. I'm not sure you in fact hit your 20 days above $20 dollars (see appendix below for more details).
May 4, 2022; The public's right to get Black Rifle stock via their Warrants was officially removed by Black Rifle.
May 5, 2022; One day later, your S-1 became "EFFECTIVE." It is hard to believe the "SEC finally responded with comments" just a single day too late for your public shareholders.
Just in case you hadn't noticed Mr. Hafer, Black Rifle lost $4.8 billion in value (from $7.3 billion down to $2.5 billion) over the three-month period that you made tens of millions off your own stock. I find it hard to believe you were looking out for your shareholders as you were raking in the money. My heart sincerely goes out to each of those that were not so fortunate.

On a deeply personal level, adding insult to injury, my own military veteran father is one of your victims. Unlike you though, he served his county with honor. He has a CIB and was awarded a Purple Heart, Bronze Star Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Air Medal, and lost his leg. After hearing your story about supporting veterans, he purchased Black Rifle stock and subsequently lost 60% of his value. Now he dubs you "Crooked Hafer" and would love nothing more than to see you exposed for the criminal he believes you to be. Odds are that any money Black Rifle donated to military veterans is much less than what they probably lost in your stock. Personally, I'd be fearful if I were you. Executives have gone to jail for breaking securities laws.

We demand you prepare an "action plan" to address what we view as serious violations of Black Rifle Coffee's own Conflict of Interest Section published in your Code of Ethics

(https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.ne...ee/db/2227/20698/file/Code+of+Ethics.pdf):

"Conflicts of interest also arise when an employee, officer or director (or a member of his or her family) receives improper personal benefits as a result of his or her position in the Company."

This appears to be exactly what happened here. Time is of the essence here Mr. Hafer. Each day you delay preparing such an action plan puts your public shareholders (veterans included) at risk of losing more money.

What I am about to say may seem a bit harsh, Mr. Hafer, but is said with some authority. If you don't plan on responding to my letter and/or promptly preparing an "action plan," then I believe it's best you wind down Black Rifle Coffee, return what public money is left on the Company's balance sheet, and retreat to whatever bunker you came out of to do what you do best – donate money to the Democratic Party and smear conservatives as racists. The irreparable damage I believe your greed likely caused shareholders will never be repaid. We and veterans like my father, former customers, and shareholders must hold you accountable for any further exploitation of Americans for your personal gain.

Very truly yours,

Jonathan Wallentine

Yours in Liberty,

BL
BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So you don't like BRCC?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Looks about to get interesting.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Evan Hafer is an anti 2nd douche… if you DO like them, you’re either ignorant of the facts or a commie.

Last edited by LoadClear; 05/20/22.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Whats the big deal?

He is a veteran.....and voted for Biden and Obama.

Patriot.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I tried 4 different kinds of their coffee and didn't like any of it much. They did have some funny commercials though.

Please don't feed the trolls!
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Two kinds of businesses I make a point to avoid:

1) Businesses that brag about how “religious” they are
2) Businesses that brag about “veteran owned”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fburgtx

you dont hire the a/c man with ichthus fish on his door?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats the big deal?

Patriot.

Allegedly

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If true they deserve harsh treatment. I have no use for those that hide behind righteous causes in order to defraud well meaning people. Charitable organizations that are anything but charitable are disgusting….I don’t give 2shits if it’s BLM or BRCC. If they steal from others they are one and the same!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The first time I heard a guy mention #1, I was offended. Didn't know him,
thought it was an attack on religion.

20 years later I have adopted his policy, (and the veteran one) fully.

Veteran status has become virtue signalling for too many.
Well remember knowing guys for quite some time before finding
out they had served. Some, were highly decorated alumni from skirmishes
In Europe or various parts of Asia. Only mentioned it in passing.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Whats the big deal?

Patriot.

Allegedly

[img]https://ibb.co/G71VPFJ[/img]

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have never tried their covfefe, but I peruse posts by members of the Special Operations community, whose intellect and service to their country I hold in very high regard. Many served with or during Hafer's time in service and others in the organization. This intel they come up with is rather damaging to BRCC! Phuque BRCC!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No experience with BRCC but being veteran owned doesn't automatically qualify for getting my business. I'm a veteran and how does that make me completely trustworthy to those who don't know me or anything about me?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
FBRC.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Compared to “woke” businesses?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BRCC can pound sand.

These guys have always given the term Veteran Owned Business a bad name. They do a diservice to good Vets everywhere and the worst thing about BRCC and their chief officers is that they are all commie hypocrites and lying POSes. I know two guys who served with them, same battalion, same time frame ... one of them same company. The BRCC CEO is the equivalent of a used car salesman.

Mat was 2/75th ... I've been told he is a decent guy.

Iwdh Noelle Best though. I would try to knock the bottom outta that. Apparently several already have.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Who wrote that piece? Reads like a someone is stretching.

I've never had that coffee.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Who wrote that piece?

I am going to guess that it was written by the person whose name appears at the bottom.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

Compared to “woke” businesses?

1) Nancy Pelosi
2) Lori Lightfoot

I'm glad there are other options.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
648 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 73 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.