Hop To
Bugger Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good shooting, wish I could do that in my backyard.......S&W Model 17?

Bugger Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks. Yes it’s a 17. I usually see these when I’m on my Super C mowing my yard, thus the revolver.

Last edited by Bugger; 05/18/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
good shooting

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Bugger Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks. Yesterday and today total 5 dead.
I shot one with a cast bullet from a 30-30 though.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh man, I'm a veteran of that war...

Used to carry my S&W 617 on the tractor, and on my zero turn when mowing. I killed enough to be considered a war crime. Made for some very fun shooting though. Pulled off some great shots...and some really horrible shots.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Bugger
Thanks. Yesterday and today total 5 dead.
I shot one with a cast bullet from a 30-30 though.

sounds like you are winning the war...

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like grass ain’t the only thing you’re mowing down! Nice shot!

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I do the same in my yard with a 617 or a Iver Johnson Sealed Eight. Start early and one can keep the numbers down fairly easy. If I wait until June, the first litter is off and running and it gets a bit harder to thin them out.

When I mow the wild grass plantings I carry a S&W 66 as I chase out larger game all too frequently. Skunks and raccoons are the most common with the occasional possum or coyote. I wish the yard tractor was faster, a raccoon can out run it though barely. If it were faster it would be like running buffalo from horseback!

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by woodmaster81
I do the same in my yard with a 617 or a Iver Johnson Sealed Eight. Start early and one can keep the numbers down fairly easy. If I wait until June, the first litter is off and running and it gets a bit harder to thin them out.

When I mow the wild grass plantings I carry a S&W 66 as I chase out larger game all too frequently. Skunks and raccoons are the most common with the occasional possum or coyote. I wish the yard tractor was faster, a raccoon can out run it though barely. If it were faster it would be like running buffalo from horseback!

You need to get someone to take a video. The mental image has me laughing way too hard!!

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Congrats. While I could identify the gun as a M17 I don't have clue what the quarry is. We don't have that over here.

The M17, due to the diamond grips - is it an older one? Nice gun

Elmer Keith
Bugger Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
Congrats. While I could identify the gun as a M17 I don't have clue what the quarry is. We don't have that over here.

I’m a fan of the S&W’s. I switched to a model 19 though. There’s cat tracks around the place. A friend was attacked by one and he shot it as the cat was attacking him. The SDGF&P’s took him to court and even though the local game warden testified it was self defense he spent a lot of money defending himself. As I remember it, it was a year in court and the state absconded with the cat and had it mounted at the state capital. Many people learned from the poor guys experience.

The quarry in the photo is commonly called a gopher. I believe the real name is 13 stripe ground squirrel.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Nice shot. I want to buy an older 17.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm fighting that war now. I put a bird feeder out next to a large berm out back. They keep coming in so I keep poppin them. Hours of entertainment, beats what's on TV that's for sure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Very happy with my 17.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith

I’m a fan of the S&W’s. I switched to a model 19 though. There’s cat tracks around the place. A friend was attacked by one and he shot it as the cat was attacking him. The SDGF&P’s took him to court and even though the local game warden testified it was self defense he spent a lot of money defending himself. As I remember it, it was a year in court and the state absconded with the cat and had it mounted at the state capital. Many people learned from the poor guys experience.

The quarry in the photo is commonly called a gopher. I believe the real name is 13 stripe ground squirrel.

Remember the 3 S’s!

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

And you came properly prepared.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

633 members (1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 71 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,933
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.