Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

BP-B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Docbar...

IF... you and your bride decide on an east coast trip and pick Richmond, VA as an airport... Laura and I will loan y'all a car for the week or two. Nothing fancy... 2005 Honda CRV... but safe, trustworthy and the AC works.

Wear the wheels off it... we don't care.

With that said... I would vacation out west, before coming east...

Lotta crazy people in a lotta crazy cities get hot and goofy up and down I-95 during the summer.

I-95... EXPECT DRAMA!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Vacations are overrated...
And your gonna spend waaaaaaaay more than the value of 2 tickets and 500 for lodging.

And have nothing tangible from it all afterwards.

Maybe a couple plastic whistle snakes.
Maybe a snowglobe shaker.
Random post card or 12.
And some pics.

Then the vacation from the vacation starts when ya get back home.
👍👍👍

YMMV...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
If you hang around the 'fire long enough you will learn that it's best to stay home because so many people don't like anyone "not from here".

Or, there is no place worth visiting because "me and my area are so superior to every place else".

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of the places you mention, I’d pick Charleston, although it can get pretty hot in the Summer. I have a lot of “history” in Gettysburg, but a day or two at most will get it done, and it gets pretty crowded in season, which I’ve been told is now pretty much nine months of the year. Gettysburg and the parts of VA I like are easy drives for us, day-trips for the most part. Richmond has some good eats and shopping, and a lot of history stuff within easy driving distance.

Me, I’d cash in the airline tickets, if possible, and use the hotel money for a nice secluded place like Stonewall Resort here in WV, and just kick back for a couple of days, but I’d rather slam the car door on my winky than deal with airports….

Last edited by Pappy348; 05/21/22.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Pappy348
... but I’d rather slam the car door on my winky than deal with airports….

ROFLMAO...

Yepp

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

D
Docbar Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Higginez
Los Angeles is beautiful this time of year.....

The only places I care to see in California are Yosemite and the redwoods. The rest of the state is an easy pass!

D
Docbar Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Fly to Cody, Wy. rent a car, thank me later.

mike r

That’s on my shirt list, but the wifey prefers something different.

D
Docbar Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by NTG
Have you done YNP and grand Teton NP?

I haven’t, but I’d love to see those places.

D
Docbar Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Docbar
...prize included two plane tickets to anywhere in the lower 48 and a $500 hotel voucher...

Unless you can easily afford to add a lot of your own personal funds to this, it would be crazy to squander such a modest budget in a big city or popular tourist destination.

Instead look outside the box, perhaps a charming, affordable bed and breakfast arrangement; cycling through scenic areas unlike your normal day to day surroundings; day hikes or short backpacking excursions; rented rowboat rides; photographic opportunities... something where you can make the most of available funds. Consider areas seasonally out of current favor.

Whatever you decide on, make memories and enjoy the hell out of it.

We have money of our own to add. We don’t want to spend a fortune, but a few thousand of our own money would be fine.

IC B3

D
Docbar Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Docbar...

IF... you and your bride decide on an east coast trip and pick Richmond, VA as an airport... Laura and I will loan y'all a car for the week or two. Nothing fancy... 2005 Honda CRV... but safe, trustworthy and the AC works.

Wear the wheels off it... we don't care.

With that said... I would vacation out west, before coming east...

Lotta crazy people in a lotta crazy cities get hot and goofy up and down I-95 during the summer.

I-95... EXPECT DRAMA!

Wow! That’s incredibly generous! Thank you for the offer.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Docbar
Originally Posted by NTG
Have you done YNP and grand Teton NP?

I haven’t, but I’d love to see those places.

You'll need reservations there.......cabins......hotels.....motels......car/SUV

Even in Utah....Arches & Zion NP's heed advance reservations just to go through the gate

https://www.discovermoab.com/reserv...lparks&utm_content=archesreservation

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i would wait for winter and go to Padre Island ,Texas ,stay on the beach lots to see ,good food , people are very nice ,its clean and quiet , the bars have great food too.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This year?
This economy and fuel prices, I can't even get out of sight!!!!
My "vacation" will probably be a hot dog on the front porch and dream of a picnic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maine is awesome. Acadia Nat'l Park, Baxter State Park, the coast, the seafood, yadda-yadda.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sedona hasn't been mentioned. Stunning geology. New Mexico around Sante Fe north. Great food, Incredible history. Lots of cliff dwellings both places. Chaco Canyon is worth the rough road. A strange and mysterious series of buildings. Glacier, Zion, Tetons, and Moab beautiful but over crowded. Georgia Sea Islands interest me. Creature from Jekyll Island etc. UP, best breathing air in the world aside from Tangier, Morocco.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 5sdad
If you hang around the 'fire long enough you will learn that it's best to stay home because so many people don't like anyone "not from here".
This

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have never been to the Florida Keys, go there. It's a place like no other. Take the snorkeling trip from Bahia Honda to Looe Key.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I’m in the Keys right now. We prefer to stay in Marathon and explore from here. Good food, fishing and lots to do. Also stupid expensive. We do a few hours in Key West whenever we come down….but that’s my limit.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Have you ever been to Williamsburg, Virginia? That’s a cool place to see.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
361 members (160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 40 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 901 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,962
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.