Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I was just reading an article on how they are predicting long term power outages this summer and not enough available for everyone in my state of Illinois. They are also saying rising cost as well … imagine that! Somehow though they are saying the city of Chitcago won’t be effected because they are their own grid compared to rest of state. GTFOH!!!

People have been leaving this state in record numbers the past several years but somehow we all of a sudden can’t produce enough power??

Something smells fishy and I don’t like it!!!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Maybe reading this will show you where the stink is coming from.

Alaska Senator Dan Sullivan Outlines Details of Biden Administration Actions to Block U.S. Oil Production

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...ion-actions-to-block-u-s-oil-production/

I know the link is about oil production, but the Interior Department is filled with radical climate change ideologues, and they are working earnestly to undermine U.S. energy policy.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I read this morning that Amazon is now the largest consumer of green energy in the world. Bezos plans to have the company 100% green energy by 2025. I wonder how that will work out for them when the wind doesn't blow.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Bezos plans to have the company 100% green energy by 2025. I wonder how that will work out for them when the wind doesn't blow.
Bezos can blow me. I used to use Amazon a lot, no mas. Once he and his buddy Haslam started making me pay sales tax in TN, screw 'em.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gotta generator. I can stay cool and keep stuff frozen.....for a little while anyway.
As long as I can find and afford $5/gal gasoline!!!!! 😖

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
Gotta generator. I can stay cool and keep stuff frozen.....for a little while anyway.
As long as I can find and afford $5/gal gasoline!!!!! 😖

Way to exploit your privilege and expand your carbon foot-print. /s

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
I was just reading an article on how they are predicting long term power outages this summer and not enough available for everyone in my state of Illinois. They are also saying rising cost as well … imagine that! Somehow though they are saying the city of Chitcago won’t be effected because they are their own grid compared to rest of state. GTFOH!!!

People have been leaving this state in record numbers the past several years but somehow we all of a sudden can’t produce enough power??

Something smells fishy and I don’t like it!!!

Burn more corn.

But strange as 53% of your energy production comes from Nuclear, Coal is 24% and Natural Gas is 12%. The rest is "green" BS.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 05/21/22.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I read this morning that Amazon is now the largest consumer of green energy in the world. Bezos plans to have the company 100% green energy by 2025. I wonder how that will work out for them when the wind doesn't blow.
Easy, change the definition of Green Energy.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by worriedman
Bezos plans to have the company 100% green energy by 2025. I wonder how that will work out for them when the wind doesn't blow.
Bezos can blow me. I used to use Amazon a lot, no mas. Once he and his buddy Haslam started making me pay sales tax in TN, screw 'em.

LOL Bezos and Tennessee had absolutely nothing to do with it. Your either a fool or an ostrich with its head in the sand. South Dakota an SCOTUS put the reaming to your arse.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota_v._Wayfair,_Inc.

South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc., 585 U.S. ___ (2018), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the court held by a 5–4 majority that states may charge tax on purchases made from out-of-state sellers, even if the seller does not have a physical presence in the taxing state. The decision overturned Quill Corp. v. North Dakota (1992), which had held that the Dormant Commerce Clause barred states from compelling retailers to collect sales or use taxes in connection with mail order or Internet sales made to their residents unless those retailers have a physical presence in the taxing state.

Swifty
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

They don't count the numerous large fossil fuel powered generators that they frequently test at their data centers.

IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Premature closings of commercial nuclear power plants with decades of generating life left in the units as well as disincentivizing use of fossils fuels leads to early retirements of base load capacity when wind and solar aren’t yet ready (if they ever are) to pick up the demand. The left talks about wind and solar as though they can handle the necessary generating load when in fact there isn’t nearly enough generating capacity in those technologies at this point in time to replace units closed prematurely due to politics and utility market manipulations designed to make generating costs of those units to be uncompetitive. In conjunction with lost hydroelectric generation due to water shortages it’s not surprising there are forecasts of significant black outs due to inadequate generating capacity this summer.

Funny - we used to have a very reliable electric generating and distribution system - after a full on assault by the greenies look where we are…

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, these dumbasses think their saving to world by getting rid of fossil fuel power plants.

What do you think the carbon output will be with all these little generators running when the rolling blackouts start?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Lol, these dumbasses think their saving to world by getting rid of fossil fuel power plants.

What do you think the carbon output will be with all these little generators running when the rolling blackouts start?
What are they going to run on, wind.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It takes about 6300 wind turbines ACTUALLY FUNCTIONING to equal grand coulee's generation capacity. They claim there's 57k turbines and they spin 75% of the time and 40-50% of that is at capacity.

A dam makes power as long as gravity doesn't shut off.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
When they can’t charge their IPhones things will get serious

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Seriously? Your gripe is with the Supreme Court who allowed states to charge income tax on mail orders and your own state of TN for doing so. Amazon and everyone else you mail order from is just obeying the law.

Lots of reasons to not like Bezos but this one isn't one of them.

*I should have read to then end, Swifty noted it too.

Last edited by Pugs; 05/21/22.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Pugs

Seriously? Your gripe is with the Supreme Court who allowed states to charge income tax on mail orders and your own state of TN for doing so. Amazon and everyone else you mail order from is just obeying the law.

Lots of reasons to not like Bezos but this one isn't one of them.
Correct

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The answer is more electric vehicles.

And let's not forget Kamala's electric school buses.

Last edited by STRSWilson; 05/21/22.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
The answer is more electric vehicles.

And let's not forget Kamala's electric school buses.
Excellent point

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep,add millions of electric vehicles to the grid and things will get worse.This is the organization pushing everything.It's the World Economic Forum.They are pushing for "The Great Reset" https://www.weforum.org/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,811 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.