Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
Papag Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Reading the headlines about the election of a new PM in Oz. Stated they would be moving more left. So now what? Hell, they have basically disarmed the population, enforce lockdowns, control who can grow food, shoot citizens protesting. Looks pretty far left already.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Papag
Reading the headlines about the election of a new PM in Oz. Stated they would be moving more left. So now what? Hell, they have basically disarmed the population, enforce lockdowns, control who can grow food, shoot citizens protesting. Looks pretty far left already.
Well on its way to becoming a shithole nation.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bewildered the population would allow tyrants to disarm them.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I spent some time in Australia years ago and met many more later. I am amazed that any of this could happen with the consent of the citizens. Very sad.

[Linked Image]
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Sidney, Melbourne, Brisbane, et al...?

People who CHOOSE (beyond necessity) to live in a pack have a pack mentality, and, unfortunately for the wild and free, have an equal vote (and control of the vote count, apparently).

Last edited by las; 05/21/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DMc

Not that again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Canada south which is Europe West

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DMc

Not that again.
So the world just imagined this?

[Linked Image]

We imagined all the accounts of Australians brought to tears over having to hand over cherished family heirlooms to be destroyed in accord with the (then) recently enacted Australian gun laws?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Australians I have dealt with, like Europeans in general, have no concept of individual rights. They see themselves as subjects, not citizens.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
She’ll be right, Mate.

We ain’t far behind when it comes to leftist governments and the product of leftist governments. We lead Australia.

Careful pointing fingers at our Aussie cousins or any other members of the Commonwealth Nations.

Jmo

IC B3

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DMc

Not that again.

[Linked Image]

We imagined all the accounts of Australians brought to tears over having to hand over cherished family heirlooms to be destroyed in accord with the (then) recently enacted Australian gun laws?

The point is that for all the bluff and bluster from Americans, it's likely that very few would actually take up arms against their government.
It's easier to type on a keyboard and bragging what should be done.

We had huge protests on the streets at the time. To start a civil war is an entirely different matter.

Nor was everyone 'disarmed.' The laws just made it harder to acquire certain firearms.

I still own rifles, always have. I can join a pistol club, if I want, go through the process and buy handguns, semi autos, revolvers, whatever.

Last edited by DBT; 05/21/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DMc

Not that again.

[Linked Image]

The point is that for all the bluff and bluster from Americans, it's likely that very few would actually take up arms against their government.

We had huge protests on the streets at the time. To start a civil war is an entirely different matter.

Nor was everyone 'disarmed.' The laws just made it harder to acquire certain firearms.

I still own rifles, always have. I can join a pistol club, if I want, go through the process and buy handguns, semi autos, revolvers, whatever.

All of those guns in the picture, where did they come from and why are they there?

How much compensation was paid to the former owners?

Not snide in any way, just questioning.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DMc

Not that again.

[Linked Image]

All of those guns in the picture, where did they come from and why are they there?

Basically, semi autos were banned. Owners handed them in. We still have bolt actions, lever action, pump action rifles, etc, including semi auto handguns if you are a member of a pistol club and jump through all the hoops to get a handgun licence.

Farmers can own semi auto rifles but cannot be used off the farm.

Which is beside the point.

Last edited by DBT; 05/21/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DMc

Not that again.

[Linked Image]

No that really happened but a lot of the real Australians that would remember that travesty are dead, what’s left is the younger generation that just like here have NO CONCEPT of freedom, no spine (Steve Redgwell ..Canadian but Australian in spirit….surrender monkeys). They spend more time worrying about what others are doing, who others are worshipping and how they can impose their ignorance on their fellow countrymen than they ever spent contemplating Shutting TFU and leaving others alone. The AACC like to pretend that they’re somehow similar to us but the reality is that a fraction of them are like real Americans, most are like our young new crop of confused and angry freaks….useless except as target practice.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's easy to say that you would take on the government in a civil war, but when it comes down to the crunch, how many would do it? Not say they would, but actually take up arms against their government.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
DBT has faith that since auzzies are pussies, everbody else is, too.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DMc

Not that again.

[Linked Image]

Basically, semi autos were banned. Owners handed them in. We still have bolt actions, lever action, pump action rifles, etc, including semi auto handguns if you are a member of a pistol club and jump through all the hoops to get a handgun licence.

Farmers can own semi auto rifles but cannot be used off the farm.

Which is beside the point.

Thanks DBT.

I enjoyed my time in Oz.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We know how it ends for them - Mad Max.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Blowing hot air and bragging is easy, starting a civil war, not so much.

Some folks excell at the former, knowing full well they are not going to be put to the test.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Blowing hot air and bragging is easy, starting a civil war, not so much.

Some folks excell at the former, knowing full well they are not going to be put to the test.

You have no evidence of that.

Only your faith that everbody else will be as big a pussy as the australians.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 73 invisible), 2,820 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.