Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

TORONTO – An Ontario Liberal government will ban handguns across the province in its first year in office, Ontario Liberal Leader Steven Del Duca announced today in his party’s latest platform plank release.

“I’ve had it with Doug Ford’s open for business policy for guns.” Del Duca said, “The Ford Conservatives are putting the interests of the gun lobby ahead of the Ontario victims of gun crime they swore an oath to protect. The result is handgun violence is spiraling out of control. The choice on handguns is clear, more handguns and gun crime under the Ford Conservatives or a ban on handguns under the Ontario Liberals.”

An Ontario Liberal Government would do what Doug Ford won’t and ban the sale, possession, transport and storage of handguns. Our plan will also:

Accept the federal government’s offer to fund a buy-back program;

Partner with the federal government to stop gun smuggling at the Ontario-US borders;

Advocate to extend the ban nationally so that guns can’t be funneled through inter-provincial borders.

The rest here - https://ontarioliberal.ca/steven-del-duca-announces-liberals-will-ban-handguns-provincewide/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I wonder maybe they should ban drugs too?

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Ban crime. That would be so simple.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
The guy looks like a freak. That picture could scare voters away. laugh. It’s not nice to say, but it’s clear he has no one in charge of shaping his public image.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So sorry none of my pieces of art can reach that far. And I can’t afford gas for a long trip.

Strange times we loiter in.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Strange indeed. The freakshow continues.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Dude in that picture looks like a child fugger.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The molester is simply after the vote, there is zero evidence, science, data, statistics, logic behind wanting to ban handguns from any law abiding, licensed gun owners in Canada, period.
Its shameful to use gun owners as a political football, but here we are.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
FIRST READING: Why Ontario is poised to re-elect Doug Ford despite everything

First Reading is a daily newsletter keeping you posted on the travails of Canadian politicos, all curated by the National Post’s own Tristin Hopper. To get an early version sent direct to your inbox every Monday to Thursday at 6 p.m. ET (and 9 a.m. on Saturdays), sign up here.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has spent a surprising amount of his tenure as one of Canada’s most hated provincial leaders, but he’s poised to win re-election anyway for the simple reason that Ontarians seem to hate the opposition even more.

In a new Leger poll for Postmedia, Ford’s Progressive Conservatives enjoyed a double-digit lead over their Liberal rivals. With a 39 per cent share of the vote (and with the caveat it’s early days and anything can happen in an election campaign) it’s a virtual guarantee that the June 2 vote will see them returned to office.

There hasn’t been a single poll conducted in 2022 that showed the PCs in anything other than first place. Even the Toronto Star — no fan of the Ford government — was declaring this week that they are “on track to win another majority.”

The rest here - https://theprovince.com/news/ontari...to-re-elect-doug-ford-despite-hating-him
---

Why federal Liberal voters are key to Doug Ford's Ontario election chances

Polls suggest 20-25 per cent of Ontarians who backed Justin Trudeau's party last year plan to vote PC
Mike Crawley · CBC News

Doug Ford and his Ontario Progressive Conservatives are aiming to draw a significant amount of support from voters who only eight months ago backed Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party in the federal election.

Winning over federal Liberal voters is a crucial ingredient for Ford to find a path to victory on June 2. The Ontario PCs simply cannot succeed with only the backing of those who voted for the Conservative Party of Canada last September.

"There's just not enough (core) Conservatives in the province for you to win a majority government or even a minority government with them alone," said David Coletto, CEO of polling firm Abacus Data.

Recent polling by Abacus Data as well as by the polling firm Research Co. found that roughly one-fifth to one-quarter of Ontarians who voted Liberal in last year's federal election say they intend to vote for the PC Party in the provincial election.

That translates into a potential 500,000 voters who backed Trudeau in 2021 casting their ballots for Ford's party in 2022.

The rest here - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...liberal-conservative-switchers-1.6459275

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Those idiots (both the libs and cons) will say ANYTHING to get re-elected and the idiot voters will believe them.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Those idiots (both the libs and cons) will say ANYTHING to get re-elected and the idiot voters will believe them.

Someone has to run the show. Voters have to choose from what’s out there. I would rather have Ford than Del Duca or Horwath.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by SuperCub

Someone has to run the show. Voters have to choose from what’s out there. I would rather have Ford than Del Duca or Horwath.

Most voters aren't smart enough to vote. They simply vote for who they like the best or will give them the most stuff. Party platforms or what's best for the country long term never plays into it.

This is why democracy is a failure.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I went to an advanced poll this morning. It’s so much easier than waiting for election day.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

N
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
I’ll do my part on June 2nd. It will be interesting to see how many votes the New Blue party can take from Ford’s Conservatives. Typical of the right to splinter off and form another right leaning party and fight amongst themselves. Just my opinion, I’ve seen this in Alberta and at the Federal level and now in Ontario. Have a good weekend.

Nick

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I saw my first New Blue sign, I wondered what they were all about. Nothing to get hyped about. They strike me as grumpy Gusses who should deal with the Conservatives directly.

Just my opinion, but they will fizzle.

Have a good weekend too !!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Notice how coincidentally Castreau trots out changes to the Firearms Act which would permit cities to ban handguns within their jurisdiction just 5 days before the Ontario election?

Deluca is sucking hind tit in this race but I guess Castreau is trying to give him a leg up.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Justin cannot help him. Ford has it locked.🙃

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Steven Del Duca failed to win his seat of Vaughan-Woodbridge and his Liberal Party did not attain official party status in Thursday's election.

The rule in Ontario is 12 seats to have official party status. Losing that status means no money from the province to help run their organization. Staff salaries, Parliamentary research and other things. They don't get official recognition in debates, and in effect are independents members of the legislature. They only speak after the big guns finish, if time is allotted to them by the Speaker.

With another dismal showing by the Liberals, Del Duca is resigning as leader. That's no loss for the Liberals, but a loss for Conservatives who enjoyed his tenure as leader. He wasn't effective.

Lots of changes to several provincial and federal political parties, post COVID.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Now you Canucks know why we put the 2nd amendment in the Bill of Rights.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.