Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This was probably fun up until they learned that the cyclists had video cameras.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Audio from my link... AT THE SAME TIME you watch Paul's whine.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Disgusting pukes. No better than poachers or gang bangers.
It shows how weak the human mind is for many. That gang mentality whereas someone hates cyclist for some reason (who knows why... because they are fat slobs and cyclists are are doing something they enjoy to stay in shape?), but it is a pitiful example of feeble mindedness and low I.Q.
I am not a road cyclist but mountain bike on occasion. Never understood the redneck mentality of hating cyclists.
People who throw trash out on the ground are no better.

Last edited by 280Rem1; 05/22/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not excusing the trash, but why are the bicyclists riding abreast taking up a whole lane?

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Low class pieces of cshit. I wonder what the penalties for that was? Littering ain’t cheap fines if caught??

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steve
Not excusing the trash, but why are the bicyclists riding abreast taking up a whole lane?
Cuz they are ass-holes.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Because in most states they are legally allowed to. Contact your representative to find out why.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

EXACTLY...

Bike events in Virginia all the time... Zero issues... zero drama.

Bikes stay in line and reasonably small groups...

Mutual accommodation abounds.

Went by one yesterday in a 8'-9' wide dually... Hundreds of riders... over 10-20 miles

Happy happy all parties... no bull chit.

It ain't rocket science...

Fugg a stupid bicyclist.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Up until my back surgery and loss of balance and stability I used to bicycle 1500-2000 miles a year. On two way streets we maintained single file or two abreast unless there was traffic going the same direction and then it was single. I experienced the same thing many times plus getting "buzzed", crowded, and pelted.
However, and not excusing the boorish behavior of the motorists in the video, two riders taking up a whole lane if it is two way just seems to inflame these azzhole drivers.
I started " carrying" after being run off the road and being threatened by a car load of punks.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Because in most states they are legally allowed to. Contact your representative to find out why.

Google Fu...

https://bicycleuniverse.com/legal-ride-side-side-bicycles/

Pure stupidity...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Oregon they may ride abreast if they are not impeding traffic. The law does not specify if being forced to change lanes is impeding.

Nevertheless, on a road that has a speed limit that will allow for a large disparity of speeds between bikes and cars, it is stupid and arrogant.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by steve4102
Cuz they are ass-holes.
The only thing that makes it “stupid ass-holes” is when they have their associated truck following behind them going a whole 15MPH in a 55MPH lane and they are spread out over 100 yards. Idiots.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here in America they tend to slide right when they hear the rattle of the diesel engine....or not, and we have to mash the fuel a bit harder....that's not good for either of us with $5 fuel.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
This was probably fun up until they learned that the cyclists had video cameras.

Im ok with it. Bikers have no place on a road. Dickheads around here think they own it and will hold up dozens of cars at will. Throwing trash at them should be the least of their worries

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
Disgusting pukes. No better than poachers or gang bangers.
It shows how weak the human mind is for many. That gang mentality whereas someone hates cyclist for some reason (who knows why... because they are fat slobs and cyclists are are doing something they enjoy to stay in shape?), but it is a pitiful example of feeble mindedness and low I.Q.
I am not a road cyclist but mountain bike on occasion. Never understood the redneck mentality of hating cyclists.
People who throw trash out on the ground are no better.
Dont hate anyone who bikes. My family and i do at times, in the woods. Not on a f u c king road tying up traffic though. Clowns should be arrested or allowed to be beaten

Last edited by gunchamp; 05/22/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Papag
Up until my back surgery and loss of balance and stability I used to bicycle 1500-2000 miles a year. On two way streets we maintained single file or two abreast unless there was traffic going the same direction and then it was single. I experienced the same thing many times plus getting "buzzed", crowded, and pelted.
However, and not excusing the boorish behavior of the motorists in the video, two riders taking up a whole lane if it is two way just seems to inflame these azzhole drivers.
I started " carrying" after being run off the road and being threatened by a car load of punks.
Easy fix, dont ride a bike on thr road at 10mph killing all traffic flow. Stay on the shoulder or dont ride on the road

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not defending the people throwing trash but mixing automobiles and bicycles is a bad idea. Tucson considers itself bicycle friendly and has bicycle lanes. There are accidents at least once a week and the automobile always wins. Don't know the answer.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Steve let's play with that question a bit. It's a common one that often people don't think all the way through. A bicyclist riding alone or in a single file would want a cushion of about 2 feet from the right hand edge of the road. There are several reasons for this. A bicyclist would occupy a footprint of about 3 feet from elbow to elbow if you add in a very little lateral movement. We are at about 5 feet of lane use at this point. Now lets add in a safe passing distance of 3 feet since that's what most states specify as minimum. The right hand edge of the car would be 8 feet from the curb at this point. An average car width mirror to mirror would be about 7 feet. That's 15 feet total we are at now. With that total, the car would have to at least partially enter the left lane to pass the cyclists.

Whether the cyclists are side by side or in single file the motorist will need to enter the left lane to pass. Tests have shown that it will take cars longer to pass a line of cyclists than if the cyclists were spread out in a single line. In this case being side by side meant saving the driver time spent in the passing lane.

Now, let me ask you this question. Given the complete lack of other motor vehicle traffic and the fact that they would have to move at least partially into left lane anyway, why does it matter that the cyclists were side by side?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Im ok with it. Bikers have no place on a road. Dickheads around here think they own it and will hold up dozens of cars at will. Throwing trash at them should be the least of their worries

There were no cars "held up" in the making of this video.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 51 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.