Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Curious if anyone has a gun rack system for a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 that they recommend? I like the look of the Seizmik ICOS AR but its crazy expensive for what it is and reviews aren't good for honda's. I would like it to be able to work with bolt rifles, AR's, shotguns and ideally a 40" barrel flintlock but I understand the muzzleloader is probably asking a lot. I do want something that will not mar finish on nicer guns. Bonus points for anything that's no drill installation/easily removable if it takes up a seat.
Open to any suggestions folks have and like. My wife and I just put our guns in soft cases muzzle down on the floor in the center front seat last season and while it "worked" it was frustrating trying to drive on sidehills and pushing gun cases off you at the same time. Also pretty slow to get them into action if you happen by a target of opportunity you weren't expecting, she could have killed a pretty nice buck last year on the way out after a hard morning hunting on foot had she been able to get out and on target quicker.
Thanks in advance!

GB2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
suregrips has a lot of options for the roll bars of the pioneers. You may have to be a little creative but you can come up with about anything you want. Here I mounted a black fence post behind headrests. Post is in quickfists so it is easily removable or I can simply turn it up when using all the seats. Another that fits behind the jump seat. They are also easy to install in the cab above your head for close access. Folks at the gun club dont hesitate to put $10k shotguns in them, they are rock solid and dont hurt the finish. Just an option. I think their website is down but their phone number is out there. You can try these numbers...931-227-6670 and (931) 433-3372

I know kolpin makes one that bolts to the floor.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

He starts showing some sxs options about half way through video

Last edited by killerv; 04/01/22.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Thanks Killerv, good to know they are still around. I had kind of assumed they went under when the website disappeared.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
On my Honda I use the classic accessories rifle carrier. I attaches to the roll bar but also has the advantage of protecting the firearm in dusty conditions or if it is raining. I also use a two rifle standing rack in the cab

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
What setup Didja decide on? Trying to decide on one myself

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Haven't pulled the trigger yet as I'm still intrigued by the suregrips, wish they would get their website up and running. Really thinking hard about going with SBR-2G UTV Series from BigSky which is a roof rack. It looks like it will work for everything but maybe my flintlock and mounts to roof roll bars.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've got a sporting clay gun rack on my Ranger, the video up above, it's the first 4 gun rack he shows. I take it off during hunting season because of the mud. It works well.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Ordered the BigSky 2gun UTV roof rack, I'll check back in when it shows up and I get it mounted and take it for a spin for first impressions. Spring bear is about to start getting decent, cut some tracks last weekend but couldn't ever put eyes on him, lost the track after a little over a mile after he walked into a big blowdown.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nice like to hear some feedback and see some pics.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I got the Seizmik under roof mount for my Honda 1000.
I’ve been pleased with it for my bolt actions though I don’t use it for any other action type.
Rifles are held securely, not beat up and when out in the weather reasonably protected.

IC B3

W
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
W
After running around with the BigSky rack for the spring/summer I'm pretty comfortable recommending it now. Install was easy and I chose to leave the outer brackets loose on the main bar so I can slide them in/out to accommodate various rifle lengths. Haven't had a rifle come out even over really rough terrain but I may add some more velcro straps around the outer brackets in addition to the center one it comes with just for piece of mind. The one gun I had some issues with shifting around was a 12.5" AR pistol, it rode but due to the short length and the majority of the weight being centered around the receiver/magazine if its not perfectly centered it wants to slide towards the weighted side, hopefully that makes sense. For traditional profile rifles/shotguns it works well. The flintlock is too long to fit horizontally in the cab due to the barrel length, otherwise it would work fine.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wildfire45
After running around with the BigSky rack for the spring/summer I'm pretty comfortable recommending it now. Install was easy and I chose to leave the outer brackets loose on the main bar so I can slide them in/out to accommodate various rifle lengths. Haven't had a rifle come out even over really rough terrain but I may add some more velcro straps around the outer brackets in addition to the center one it comes with just for piece of mind. The one gun I had some issues with shifting around was a 12.5" AR pistol, it rode but due to the short length and the majority of the weight being centered around the receiver/magazine if its not perfectly centered it wants to slide towards the weighted side, hopefully that makes sense. For traditional profile rifles/shotguns it works well. The flintlock is too long to fit horizontally in the cab due to the barrel length, otherwise it would work fine.

Got any pics you can share?

Ain’t easy havin pals.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
285 members (1minute, 204guy, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 29aholic, 41 invisible), 2,170 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,627
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.